Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #1497
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I can't believe I am going to say this. I am a huge 2K fan and would never imagine I would leave the NBA 2k franchise. But this year I got to say I am going with LIVE. It is a huge step in the right direction.

First of all 2k9 really got under my skin last year with the terrible Iso-motion. The whole movement system needs scrapped in 2k. It is to robotic and causes a real lack of "speed" in the way players move and react.

Now onto LIVE. I am throughly impressed with how smooth everything moves at. It is silky smooth cutting across the lane and doing a pull up. As you do a pull up and keep your momentum and fade in the same direction you were running.

The skill stick or what ever they call the right stick for doing the cross overs and such is such a breath of fresh air compared to 2ks.

Little things such as the arrow that shows the direction you have the left stick pressed is such a small thing but really helps in making correct passing to the man you want the ball to go to.

All in all I am getting NBA Live 10 this year. Give me my New Orleans Hornets and let me dominate with Chris Paul
Old 09-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #1498
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcain80
Not really related, but Nelson is an absolute beast in this game. Even on superstar, I can just hit shot after shot with him, even if they are contested. Hopefully that's a demo problem.

I'll give that a go, thanks.
I'm sure the nelson problem won't be an issue in the full version because the demo doesn't take into account fatigue.

Which was a big part in last years game on whether or not you could make jumpers.

The better shooters could still hit them but not at the same rate as they could earlier in the game. And the weaker shooters would miss a lot if you didn't take good shots.

Also you got to factor in hot/cold streaks which will effect your shooting also.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #1499
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I can't believe I am going to say this. I am a huge 2K fan and would never imagine I would leave the NBA 2k franchise. But this year I got to say I am going with LIVE. It is a huge step in the right direction.

First of all 2k9 really got under my skin last year with the terrible Iso-motion. The whole movement system needs scrapped in 2k. It is to robotic and causes a real lack of "speed" in the way players move and react.

Now onto LIVE. I am throughly impressed with how smooth everything moves at. It is silky smooth cutting across the lane and doing a pull up. As you do a pull up and keep your momentum and fade in the same direction you were running.

The skill stick or what ever they call the right stick for doing the cross overs and such is such a breath of fresh air compared to 2ks.

Little things such as the arrow that shows the direction you have the left stick pressed is such a small thing but really helps in making correct passing to the man you want the ball to go to.

All in all I am getting NBA Live 10 this year. Give me my New Orleans Hornets and let me dominate with Chris Paul
this post is also me this year, switching over to Live and what not.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #1500
Rookie

OVR: 2
the live demo was okay , ppl on here gitttin a lil 2 wet over it, it wasnt all that great so calm down ppl. first kobe looks horrrible , he looks like a turtle they gave him no jaw for watever reason. pau gasol alos looks horrible , they made him with waaaay 2 much gel in his hair. and the player models are shiny as hell like they just rolled around in hair grease. but i must say that live has come along way and the demo was pretty good. like 2 see improved man 2 man defense tho...
Old 09-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #1501
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobs87
the live demo was okay , ppl on here gitttin a lil 2 wet over it, it wasnt all that great so calm down ppl. first kobe looks horrrible , he looks like a turtle they gave him no jaw for watever reason. pau gasol alos looks horrible , they made him with waaaay 2 much gel in his hair. and the player models are shiny as hell like they just rolled around in hair grease. but i must say that live has come along way and the demo was pretty good. like 2 see improved man 2 man defense tho...
Remember that this demo was compiled very early on in the development of the full game so hopefully a lot of the shading/touchups will be done by then...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #1502
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobs87
Lol at telling people to calm down just because you don't care for the game.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #1503
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

^Right, why would someone calm down and not be excited over something they like and are.....excited for?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #1504
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am pumped for this game but for the people who say this was an early build and that the retail version will hopefully look better - I doubt it. Every year people say this and the retail version always looks identical to the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »