Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2009, 03:35 AM   #1089
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Hey, i have a question too, don't wanna start a thread so I hope someone can answer. How difficult do you think the game will be once we get used to the controls? Is the CPU's defense strong? I ask this because in live 09 and many others before, I would always win by at least a 20+ margin. Not so fun when you always win. And....Does anyone know if we'll have shorter seasons? 82 games takes so long, i'm hoping we can go back to 30 game seasons. Thanx everyone.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:52 AM   #1090
Banned

OVR: 22
I have mastered the on ball steal. what you have to do is time when the defender is going to crossover and simeutaneously press the direction on the left stick of which hand the ball is in and the steal button, once again everything is contextual, so as it seems you can do whatever you want in this game as long as you add direction to it same thing with block and contested shots. the defense seems to have just as much movement as the offense. i find out more about this game everytime i play it lol.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 AM   #1091
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
The only problem i have is with the rebounding i think they should make to where if you hold y when the shot goes up it should keep you grounded while you search for the guy closest to to you to box out, and even if you don't releasing y should still make you jump. there are instances when you are close to someone and you hold y but the guy just jumps. i don't know, or move the box out button to something else so that you can hold it while looking for a guy to box out, but even so it's still not completely broken as it does seem to work more often than not at least for me.
This.
When you hold Y your player should stay grounded regardless, and just get in the rebounding stance . Then when you let go of Y your player goes for the rebound.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 04:30 AM   #1092
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
I have mastered the on ball steal. what you have to do is time when the defender is going to crossover and simeutaneously press the direction on the left stick of which hand the ball is in and the steal button, once again everything is contextual, so as it seems you can do whatever you want in this game as long as you add direction to it same thing with block and contested shots. the defense seems to have just as much movement as the offense. i find out more about this game everytime i play it lol.
Yeah same for stealing/deflecting passes. It's all about timing. Mike actually mentions this stuff in one of the developer trailers, but I guess people were just looking at the pretty colors.

Edit: Here's the vid I was talking about. It was in the Dribble Moves blog.here http://www.easports.com/blogs/nbaliv.../dribble-moves

http://www.myspace.com/RD253

Last edited by RayDog253; 09-15-2009 at 04:35 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 AM   #1093
Rookie

OVR: 5

Don't know if this has been noticed and addressed, but at times they would chant "DEFENSE" when the Lakers had the ball.

And can you take out the "DEFENSE" Chant from the CAVS Arena? Everything sounds so authentic in STAPLES in the game, but that "DEFENSE" chant ruins it.
(here's what im talking about)

(go to 4:20) :P

(0:12 sec)

Overall, For a demo, 9/10.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:26 AM   #1094
Banned

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Yeah same for stealing/deflecting passes. It's all about timing. Mike actually mentions this stuff in one of the developer trailers, but I guess people were just looking at the pretty colors.

Edit: Here's the vid I was talking about. It was in the Dribble Moves blog.here http://www.easports.com/blogs/nbaliv.../dribble-moves

yeah i knew it was timing but i didn't know it was directional as well lol
Old 09-15-2009, 08:05 AM   #1095
MVP

OVR: 12

[quote=arden_05;2040180597]This demo has really surprised me thus far It's leaps an bounds better than Live 09. Here are my quick observations about the demo.

THE BAD:

1) This game needs a faceup (on defense)/backdown (on offense) button. THIS IS NECESSARY! Without these features I don't feel like I'm really playing defense (feels like I'm floating around) and its seriously taking away from the offensive low post experience as well.

On defense if you are more subtle with the stick and combine your movement with the defensive assist button defense is a blast. Actual foot planting and no bodying up and riding players around the court (shouldn't that have been a foul anyway? ha ha). Good thing.

I know there's an overwhelming sentiment for a post up button and I'm certainly not opposed to it but, it does work as is. Again, a subtle move with the stick to engage the defender and you're posted up. Not really hard just different.

I'm loving the game and by Oct. 6 everyone who has spent time with the demo will have all of the controls down. Once you get em down it's a very impressive experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #1096
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers4life
Don't know if this has been noticed and addressed, but at times they would chant "DEFENSE" when the Lakers had the ball.

And can you take out the "DEFENSE" Chant from the CAVS Arena? Everything sounds so authentic in STAPLES in the game, but that "DEFENSE" chant ruins it.
(here's what im talking about)

(go to 4:20) :P

(0:12 sec)

Overall, For a demo, 9/10.
Interesting to see that the Lakers and Magic just missed two shots in the whole quarter...
This is everything else than realistic ....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »