Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #857
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

They should just add it so when you click down the R stick it engages 'low post mode' then when you click again (or shoot or pass away the ball) it disengages.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #858
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

I'll try out a RS click for post tomorrow. Shouldn't be an issue to patch it.

Also someone earlier questioned why I didn't say definitively that the stagnant AI bug in the demo was fixed in the final version. I just didn't want to put a 100% guarantee on anything because it's an elusive bug. It cropped up a few times throughout the year and always had a different cause. To the best of my knowledge, it's completely fixed in the final version. In other words, I haven't seen it happen in any of my games over the past few weeks.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #859
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba

Also someone earlier questioned why I didn't say definitively that the stagnant AI bug in the demo was fixed in the final version. I just didn't want to put a 100% guarantee on anything because it's an elusive bug. It cropped up a few times throughout the year and always had a different cause. To the best of my knowledge, it's completely fixed in the final version. In other words, I haven't seen it happen in any of my games over the past few weeks.
Great to know.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #860
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:

Hey Beluba do you think you could make a list of things that are wrong with the demo that are fixed on the final if you have a chance? Thanks and from the impressions so far I can't wait to get my hands on the demo and the final when it comes out. Great job!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #861
BTB
Th*s **n't s** w*rld

BTB's Arena

OVR: 16

So it seems this was touched on but I can't find a good explanation... how do you post up...?

The dynasty will return

Paul Pierce... talent + heart + toughness = The Truth
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #862
BTB
Th*s **n't s** w*rld

BTB's Arena

OVR: 16

Btw I completely disagree with the suggestion to make post up clicking the r stick. They had that in 2k for a year and it was terrible, not intuitive at all. Posting up should be smooth and seemless, having it be a trigger is perfect. They should make it L1 and then switch the quick play button to clicking the r stick, makes a lot more sense.

The dynasty will return

Paul Pierce... talent + heart + toughness = The Truth
Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #863
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

That's a pretty good indication that you guys sorted it out then. Even if not completely, I could live with it happening once every 15 games or so. As it is with the demo though, It's happening once every other posession.

I'll be curious to see how the post up button works out.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #864
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
The rebounding I don't have a problem with, but do you have suggestions for boxing out?

If my man is right in front of me, then the blocking is fine and I can time those well. But sometimes my defender attempts a block in the wrong direction or jumps straight up in the air. Nobdy is pouting, these are just observations from the demo but maybe you can clue us in.
I'm all for constructive feedback. My point was directed at those saying that they played the game for 2 minutes and then turned it off. Some around here just doesn't want the game to be any good and I don't get it. I'd love to have 2 outstanding basketball games to choose from every year. I'm even disappointed that Sony gave up on their series (I hope it comes back next year). I hope 2K10 dazzle us as well.

As far as rebounding in Live 10 is concerned, I'm still playing at Superstar and cleaning the glass has been a smooth experience for me (specially with Gasol and Howard). I'm not worrying too much about boxing out using the "Y" button because it has been no use.

Instead, I'm getting into position and timing the button press. And I think I've mastered it. And I'm no God of the sticks or something like that. So what I'm saying is: if even I could master it, I believe all of you can as well. And that should mean that the rebounding mechanic isn't broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »