Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #841
MVP

OVR: 30
I'm diggin' how this game is sounding based on those who are figuring out that this game is not the usual playing b-ball game like Mike and co. said. I think too many want the regular ole run of the mill that they are used to and are not getting that this game isn't that....I hope. C'mon, Thursday!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #842
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
To all the people who play the demo and initially think "this doesn't feel right". Just give it a chance. At first I didn't really like it either but, I started playing the way the teams play in real life and I started to get it. I ran the triangle to perfection and things started to click. Don't pre judge the demo. This game will be off the chain. (PS Dwight & Kobe are beasts!!!)
Old 09-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #843
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessKaz
Has anyone else lowered the game speed settings a couple clicks? I found an almost perfect spot where it helps reduce some of the sped up animations but also allows for players to get out on fast breaks.
YEP!

I posted this in another thread and it reduces the fast animations. I have it at 20-22 overall can't remember. The default setting is 26 I think no longer at 50.

But anyways since I started messing with sliders the demo got a lot better for me vs the CPU games. They removed some stuff that I think would have been great for this years game but nothing we can do about that now.

I no guys don't like fooling around with sliders and want the game to play great right out the box but sometimes you have just take 3 minutes to make a simple change like if your not getting any steals or blocks then use the sliders in the demo.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #844
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
I don't experience a lot of turnovers on superstar , you must be trying to dribble without calling a iso and that could be causing your problems with losing the ball. The defense on superstar doesn't wait for you to abuse the dribble moves when trying to drive. Andbad passes should get deflected or stolen when trying to make bad passes that are either on bad angles or long passes that give the defense time to react to them. Put it back on all star because you are doing things wrong and the defense is making you pay if your constantly having the same problem. I have a very realistic game on superstar and I don't have those type of problems. And don't I repeat don't do moves with d fish his handles are terrible keep it basic with him. Kobe is a better ball handler and on the magic jameer kills fish take advantages of the mismatches vc is to slow to guard kobe so get some space before dribbling past him to avoid getting knocked of balance and losing the ball. Space is key to taking the defender of the dribble. I hope this helps and yes I had to learn the hard way just like you but I picked up on while in all star b4 I moved to superstar.
I knew I'd get a response like this, somebody telling me I'm "playing wrong". Like I mentioned, I'm still winning, I just don't like how the games are playing out.

Where did I say I was dribbling with Fisher? I had Kobe ISO'd against VC trying to test what should have been improved defense on superstar level, with the result being unrealistic turnovers half the time.

I don't agree with Kobe simply losing the ball after 1-2 quick moves. Like I said before there needs to be defensive animations that force the ball handler to pick up his dribble. Kobe 1 on 1 with VC will be stopped by the help defense 90% of the time in real life, not by VC himself, this isn't how it works in the game. I remember reading something from the devs that help defenders will come over and force you to pick up your dribble in one of the blogs I believe, but I've yet to see this in the game.

I'm not a "kobe cheeser". I was simply testing the differences with the levels. It's not balanced.

On the other side of the ball I'll see the AI Pietrus going right at Artest. I'm able to stay with him consistently and force contact, yet he never loses the ball? Usually he will eventually get by or hit some contested fadeaway. How does Pietrus go at Artest without consequence, but Kobe can't go at VC at all? The bigger issue here might be the fact that Pietrus seems to be the #1 option on superstar, I can't figure out why. Same goes for Fisher when I'm playing the Lakers.

Superstar plays well at times, but for the most part I'm not seeing "better basketball", just increased %s and odd behavior. It's not like any other game has done the highest levels right though, seems consistent with all past video games.

Last edited by JWiLL02; 09-13-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #845
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
I knew I'd get a response like this, somebody telling me I'm "playing wrong". Like I mentioned, I'm still winning, I just don't like how the games are playing out.

Where did I say I was dribbling with Fisher? I had Kobe ISO'd against VC trying to test what should have been improved defense on superstar level, with the result being unrealistic turnovers half the time.

I don't agree with Kobe simply losing the ball after 1-2 quick moves. Like I said before there needs to be defensive animations that force the ball handler to pick up his dribble. Kobe 1 on 1 with VC will be stopped by the help defense 90% of the time in real life, not by VC himself, this isn't how it works in the game. I remember reading something from the devs that help defenders will come over and force you to pick up your dribble in one of the blogs I believe, but I've yet to see this in the game.

I'm not a "kobe cheeser". I was simply testing the differences with the levels. It's not balanced.

On the other side of the ball I'll see the AI Pietrus going right at Artest. I'm able to stay with him consistently and force contact, yet he never loses the ball? Usually he will eventually get by or hit some contested fadeaway. How does Pietrus go at Artest without consequence, but Kobe can't go at VC at all? The bigger issue here might be the fact that Pietrus seems to be the #1 option on superstar, I can't figure out why. Same goes for Fisher when I'm playing the Lakers.

Superstar plays well at times, but for the most part I'm not seeing "better basketball", just increased %s and odd behavior. It's not like any other game has done the highest levels right though, seems consistent with all past video games.
Lol @ that.....I kill VC! You can't beat people off the dribble like in previous versions of live. You have to set people up. I guess I just understand the game & what they're trying to do with defense. *shrugs*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #846
Rookie

richie923's Arena

OVR: 5

I am still up in the air with this demo/game. I am not 100% positive if I want to buy it.

Something about the difficulty is weird. Pro is too easy for me but All Star is too hard. Some games I'll win but the games I lose it feels like it was out of my control. Like some games I lose I feel like I play good defense. I am always up in the faces of shooters but they still seem to drain everything. I don't know if it is momentum but when I lose I lose by like double digits.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #847
MVP

OVR: 24

Does anyone else get that albino, or scary ghost feel, when Lebron walks onto the court, in the demo? The players look so bright and shiny. Gritty it up, and tone it down a lil bit, EA.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #848
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Does anyone else get that albino, or scary ghost feel, when Lebron walks onto the court, in the demo? The players look so bright and shiny. Gritty it up, and tone it down a lil bit, EA.
not at all

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »