Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #817
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Also, I noticed alot of 2k heads don't like it, because its so different from 2k. The player control and sim feel IMO more then makes up for the at times un-natural look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
why is that? Hes a beast on the demo.....lol
Yeah he's a beast IRL also, but not the way some people wanna use him..force layups and dunks over at times 3 people.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 09-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #818
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
personally, if you guys think the demo is hard...I like that.

hahaha
Lol. I like that, too, even though I have to wait til Thurs. to really see what's what but the challenge sounds like it's definitely there. Too many people want things to be easy. Heck, if I learned how to play the complicated 2K9 isomotion control scheme (which was really not to my liking but I learned it, anyway), I am down for Live's. The momentum and control scheme sounds awesome (uhh, did I say "awesome"? Wow).
Old 09-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #819
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Oza...i agree on the blocking....especially in situations where you have to react quickly..
Old 09-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #820
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

yeah rocboyz....i for one think the kobes and lebrons should be ridiculously hard to stop in games...b/c they are in real life lol...but like in all games it can be exploited....including this demo from what im experiencing...
Old 09-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #821
MVP

OVR: 18

I have seen it abused against the CPU(though it was harder IMO then other games), but I was able to stop it if it was user v. user. But the people online are like animals. They will find a way. Just somehow, they will find a way to exploit the hell out of something. lol I just like how if 2 people have the intentions of playing a fair simulation type game, it really can be done without slider tweaking(or very minimal).
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #822
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

There is one HUGE problem with the demo!!!!

it's too short

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #823
MVP

OVR: 25

blocking is definitely a problem: the animations alone look very poor, the sound is awful and it's not fun blocking with an elbow or being blocked by Fisher when going for a dunk

don't like that it's too easy to loose a ball in traffic - no matter if you are Pau or Kobe - it shouldn't happen to Kobe as often as to Gasol

sometimes when players get a pass and go for a dunk you can't stop them - be it Pietrus or Kobe- even when there are Bynum and Artest trying to block it - not fun and seems you have no control over it
Old 09-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #824
Rookie

OVR: 14
The vast majority of the comments in this thread are from people that are going into the demo with their minds already set that the game will suck big time. It's one thing to say that the players visuals are on the shine side and the lack of a back down button hurts. But to say that the mechanics of the game are broken? I don't know about it.

I'm starting to sound repetitive, but I'm loving rebounding and blocking shots. As I said earlier, you can really dominate both aspects of the game if you put your mind to it. It's not like you are guarding someone at the perimeter and at the last second you switch to your big man. I don't think it's broken at all, both requires timming and that's great.

Also, a while ago someone said there's no way to dunk while posting up the defender. The guy must be playing a different demo than mine. I've been able throw down some serious Shaq circa 92 dunks with D-12 right over the top of the Lakers' big man. And there are TONS of dunks in this game!

I'm not bragging or anything, but if I can do it, I believe that with a little practice you can do it as well. And that means it isn't broken.

Dwelve deep into the game before saying you can't do this or that beacuse the game sucks. It has a learning curve for god's sake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »