Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #1433
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Thanks guys, glad it could help in any way.

Now I'm just gonna need some time to play both these games, ha.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #1434
Rookie

coachpars's Arena

OVR: 6

I played the game for a long time yesterday,and I can honestly say the learning curve is kinda steep. You actually have to throw to the lead bag on balls in the gap, Pitching and adjusting defenses on every new batter is a blast, throwing from the hole at short is soo much fun. there are so many intangables to doing anything baseball related it really brings a smile to my face. I have seen batters fighting off tough pitches, bunting for hits, and the list goes on and on. Once we start tweaking sliders and what not, I think this game is going to sit in my tray all summer! (btw,turning off inning highlights and player highlights along with using vga cables for my lcd tv I have NO framerate issues.( not even on throws from infielders over to first.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #1435
Rookie

r0b3rT0's Arena

OVR: 1

i got to say at first i was a little dissappointed mostly because of the graphics. i had no idea they were going to get that bad. anyways, i got the pitching down and my fielding is good. my first game i was killed like 30 to 16(agaisnt my bro) but after that game we had a 7 to 4 final score and realized that although the graphics arent as good, once you get the pitching down everything else falls into place. and franchise mode, which i only took a glimse, noticed there was a lot of depht and realized that, although this game should have not been sold for 65 dollars, is still good enough to play and a lot of fun. me and my bro had more fun during one game of 2k8 than THE SHOW (i own a ps3 and bought both games) btw i liked the percentage the gave me of winning in the first game. it was the end of the seventh (i think) and they gave me a graph and my chances of winning were 0% lol. i guess if ur down by 16 runs in the top of the eight your out of it lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #1436
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I forgot to say how thrilled I am that they took out that stupid "follow the batter" camera when you hit the ball. That thing was so damn annoying last year!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #1437
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Can you set the season length to something shorter than 162 games?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #1438
Rookie

OVR: 8

I have a 360 with 2K8 and a PS3 with The Show 08, and if you can honestly say that 2K8 is a good representation of the game of baseball, I respect your opinion, I just disagree. I played both games for hours on end last night and this morning, and my opinion, even though I wanted 2K to come back strong, is that after the few initial games, 2K8 is darn near unplayable and an embarrassment. If I only owned a 360, I would try as hard as I could to love this game as well, and would continue to play it, but when there is another option out there that plays a smooth game of baseball and is realistic as well, it's just tough. The thing that really hurt me is that now The Show is graphically better than my 2K8 copy on the 360. I always had that as something I could hang my hat on, but no more. I am simply disappointed. I expected more out of 2K and Mr. Brinkman......In all honesty, online for both games was a joke last night and most people were begging people to play the "simple" classic style. So there I was stoked for 2K8 online play, and people were wanting to play 2K7 style because they were stating the new pitching mechanic is stupid. Again, their opinion, just stating what was being typed. Here's to another year of subpar 2K baseball.....And finally guys.......no patch for a game can or will fix framerate issues.....it can deal with bugs and glitches, but not the framerate it was built with.......
Old 03-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #1439
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Can you set the season length to something shorter than 162 games?
Yup, I forget the exact numbers though, there are 4 our 5 options.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #1440
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

MAAAN Can someone talk about the franchise pleaseeee!!! its 144 pages and its the same comments about the ****** framerate....we get it already....I really need to know how good is the franchise mode. Can we edit cpu teams line ups, do the cpu set lineups realisticly, how are the sim stat? Im on a budget so I cant just gamble and buy this game....renting is not an option

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »