Home

R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-12-2016, 08:37 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Expert, whichever is the highest.

To be fair, I've been going from All Star to Expert back and forth so I can't remember which of the two I had it on when I had my second 17 inning 0-0 game in three games before finally accidentally leaving a pitch over the middle.
Now I'm confused? I thought there was only Easy, Medium and Hard?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #138
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
Now I'm confused? I thought there was only Easy, Medium and Hard?

I really don't remember the names of the levels.

Medium and Hard is what I've been playing on. I don't know where I got All Star and Expert from.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #139
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I really don't remember the names of the levels.

Medium and Hard is what I've been playing on. I don't know where I got All Star and Expert from.
I just stick to Medium. I played a few games on Hard and the CPU was just killing me. I probably win too much on Medium but I'm having fun. I think I'm like 45-20.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #140
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
I just stick to Medium. I played a few games on Hard and the CPU was just killing me. I probably win too much on Medium but I'm having fun. I think I'm like 45-20.

I think I'll just do the same especially if I'm taking a less sim approach. Just enjoy the game.

Good advice. Thanks.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #141
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

The most important thing was going back to easy and figuring things out on offense. I picked up that I was swinging too early on outside pitches. Causing a lot of weak contact.

So I'm waiting deeper on pitches. After doing that, I bumped the difficulty to hard and finally saw success despite the higher difficulty.

I won 4-1 in my latest game but I'm still struggling to hit home runs. I'm sure those will come as I get better on the inside plate pitches.

Would be nice to see video of how hitting works. I understand the concept of sweet spot on the bat, can't make contact on the handles, soft contact off the end of the bat, etc. But an actual video with pauses at opportune times to swing, plus a freeze frame on the perfect contact, would be very helpful for newcomers.

I really like the hitting in RBI. On hard I get to be strategic with pitching which is what I want. And now that I'm understanding some of what I was doing wrong with timing, I'm hitting better on Hard. This game is a really really nice mix of arcade simulation.

Fast games. Quick counts. No warm up. But the hit quality is realistic. The batter pitcher battle is realistic. Good game.

My go to baseball purchase from now on. Work on a franchise mode and it will be amazing.

Also don't get rid of the current "rating" system. Perfect as it is.

Last edited by CMH; 05-15-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2016, 02:22 PM   #142
Rookie

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not but a really nice little touch would've been to have a 'Player of the Game' awarded at the end of each game.

I also wish the 'moving parts' of a stadium worked. Like the waterfall in KC, or the train on Houston, or the beer guy sliding on a HR in Milwaukee, etc.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:52 PM   #143
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

I continue to enjoy this game but I've now gotten to the point that I've thrown three straight shutouts on Hard. Granted it's the Phillies and Braves, it still seems like it shouldn't happen quite so easily. So I have a thought.

I think the Cpu hitters are not patient enough. I understand wanting to speed up the game but let's think this through. I can throw pitches just off the corners and get most hitters to chase or swing through (handle can't make contact right).

If the Cpu would take more of those pitches, it would force me to throw more pitches over the plate and speed up the game as contact leads to more outs than a single swing and a miss.

It will also help the Cpu score more runs on hard.

Not worried about their power right now. But their extreme willingness to swing at pitches off the plate allows me to abuse the spots and win games rather easily.

As always I can provide video to showcase what I'm talking about if necessary.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:05 AM   #144
Rookie

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, and I'm not sure if it happens ALL the time, but at least most of the time a batter will get charged with making an out on a sac fly, which should not be the case. It should be handled as no at-bat like a walk. I've seen it happen to me several times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »