Home

R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #129
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Do you play Classic 16 or Full 25? Classic 16 is designed to follow the model of the original RBI Baseball for NES. Stamina drains much faster and you often need to use all 4 pitchers.

Fast and Slow pitches drain stamina faster. There is no stamina penalty for curving a pitch. I've personally thrown many complete games, where the pitcher did not become visibly fatigued until the 8th or 9th inning. On average my pitchers probably start showing fatigue around the 7th inning which seems pretty accurate. But I use Fast and Slow pretty sparingly. Really only when trying to go for a strikeout. It's about being economical. But perhaps we could look at tweaking the Fast/Slow stamina penalties.
I'm using full 25.

I will play some more. I took a break and haven't really dug into the game as much. But now I plan to because I enjoy it.

Don't change it based on me. I thought it might be more widespread but it's more likely my sparingly of the fast/slow is too frequent.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

Last edited by CMH; 05-05-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:03 PM   #130
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

I don't know. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or differently? I have video of my first 5 innings to share if needed.

With Buckholtz, I reached the 5th inning and only threw 5 fast or slow pitches (pressing up or down). Everything else was just movement and spotting pitches.

And despite that, he was gassed in the 5th. I stretched him into the 6th but his fastball faded into the 60s and he gave up a bomb before I pulled him.

Not sure why my starters can't get past the 5th inning without tiring out.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #131
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Another roster update has arrived, FYI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CiL8wDSW0AA1V2r.jpg (59.2 KB, 115 views)
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I don't know. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or differently? I have video of my first 5 innings to share if needed.

With Buckholtz, I reached the 5th inning and only threw 5 fast or slow pitches (pressing up or down). Everything else was just movement and spotting pitches.

And despite that, he was gassed in the 5th. I stretched him into the 6th but his fastball faded into the 60s and he gave up a bomb before I pulled him.

Not sure why my starters can't get past the 5th inning without tiring out.
Are you trying to pitch 'realistically'? IE, do you actually have walks? Are you trying to paint corners and all that stuff? If so, that may be the reason. RBI isn't a game designed for that. It's a pick up and play arcade game. I basically throw all strikes with the occasional ball when I'm trying to get the CPU to chase, and of course when I throw the slow pitch that hits the dirt. But I routinely have my starters last into the 7th, 8th and 9th innings, which is very unrealistic with the O's becuase I think they have the least quality starts in MLB. But it's fun and the games go quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Another roster update has arrived, FYI.
Is there a list of the changes somewhere?
Old 05-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #133
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
Is there a list of the changes somewhere?
The following players were added. I don't have a list of players that were removed. And all Rotations and Lineups were updated to reflect real world usage. If an injured player is due to be back within roughly the next month, they were treated as active.

ARI Buschmann, Matt
ATL Brignac, Reid
ATL Cervenka, Hunter
ATL Chacin, Jhoulys
ATL D'Arnaud, Chase
ATL Smith, Mallex
ATL Tuiasosopo, Matt
BOS Rutledge, Josh
BOS Cuevas, William
BOS Light, Pat
CHC Federowicz, Tim
CHC Soto, Giovanni
CHC Kalish, Ryan
CHC Kawasaki, Munenori
CIN Adleman, Tim
CIN Hayes, Drew
CIN Ramirez, JC
CIN Somsen, Layne
CIN Wood, Blake
COL Estevez, Carlos
COL Germen, Gonzalez
CWS Gonzalez, Miguel
CWS Sanchez, Hector
CWS Smith, Kevan
DET Fulmer, Michael
DET Wilson, Bobby
HOU Devenski, Chris
LAA Achter, A.J.
LAA Ortega, Rafael
LAA Robinson, Shane
LAD Stripling, Ross
LAD Walters, Zach
MIA Ege, Cody
MIA Wittgren, Nick
MIL Guerra, Junior
MIL Freeman, Sam
MIL Perez, Hernan
MIL Presley, Alex
MIN Berrios, Jose
MIN Centeno, Juan
MIN Mastroianni, Darin
NYM Rivera, Rene
NYY Chapman, Aroldis
NYY Gamel, Ben
NYY Heathcott, Slade
OAK Manaea, Sean
OAK McBride, Matt
OAK Surkamp, Eric
OAK Triggs, Andrew
PHI Bailey, Andrew
PHI Lough, David
PIT Schugel, A.J.
SD Hand, Brad
SD Kirkman, Michael
SD Vargas, Cesar
SD Weeks, Jemile
SEA Johnson, Steve
SEA Lee, Dae-Ho
SF Gillaspie, Conor
SF Law, Derek
SF Mazzaro, Win
SF Okert, Steven
STL Diaz, Aledmys
TB Marinez, Jhan
TB Goebbert, Jake
TB Snell, Blake
TEX Griffin, A.J.
TEX Mazara, Nomar
TEX Nicholas, Brett
TEX Ramos, Cesar
TOR Dominguez, Matt
TOR Girodo, Chad
Old 05-12-2016, 06:29 PM   #134
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Are you trying to pitch 'realistically'? IE, do you actually have walks? Are you trying to paint corners and all that stuff? If so, that may be the reason. RBI isn't a game designed for that. It's a pick up and play arcade game. I basically throw all strikes with the occasional ball when I'm trying to get the CPU to chase, and of course when I throw the slow pitch that hits the dirt. But I routinely have my starters last into the 7th, 8th and 9th innings, which is very unrealistic with the O's becuase I think they have the least quality starts in MLB. But it's fun and the games go quickly.
This could be it. I'm definitely painting corners and racking up the strikeouts by pitching away from bats.

I don't mind if the game is actually intended for me to throw at the plate for contact.

But it seems that the CPU doesn't pitch that way either and their starters are burned by the 5th as well.

Having said that, I can change my approach and maybe knock down the difficulty so that the CPU can give me more pitches to hit while I give them more pitches to hit. Might end these insane 0-0 scores going into the 17th!

Thanks.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:08 PM   #135
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
This could be it. I'm definitely painting corners and racking up the strikeouts by pitching away from bats.

I don't mind if the game is actually intended for me to throw at the plate for contact.

But it seems that the CPU doesn't pitch that way either and their starters are burned by the 5th as well.

Having said that, I can change my approach and maybe knock down the difficulty so that the CPU can give me more pitches to hit while I give them more pitches to hit. Might end these insane 0-0 scores going into the 17th!

Thanks.
What difficulty are you playing on?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 08:26 PM   #136
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
What difficulty are you playing on?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
Expert, whichever is the highest.

To be fair, I've been going from All Star to Expert back and forth so I can't remember which of the two I had it on when I had my second 17 inning 0-0 game in three games before finally accidentally leaving a pitch over the middle.

Last edited by CMH; 05-12-2016 at 08:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »