Home

NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline

I simply wish the game gave you some of the excitement and passion that makes college football so much different from the NFL.

In dynasty, there is never any discussion on the players. BORING. True freshman, 5th year senior, been in many big games, this stuff is never talked about. The commentary is always so bland. "Runs left, passes right." There is never any discussion about the previous year or games. If a player had a season ending injury the year before, should be discussed...

Crowd is a non-factor, when in real life they are a factor. Teams playing at home should receive a boost, especially your major conference teams playing in front of 100,000... The crowd should get loud at appropriate times, they should be felt, but the only time you feel them in this game is the stupid pregame intros, a nice touch but not the only touch.

Game breaks ... A nice touch to show the score, but incomplete in my mind ... EA ADD HIGHLIGHTS ... My God its been known since NFL 2k5 that highlights make the difference from a boring statistical layout to immersive and intriguing. If Rece Davis pops in and goes, "and Oregon just took the lead on a long TD run..." itd be nice to see it. That makes the difference in actually making you feel a part of something.

Recruiting ... It is significantly improved, but I still find problems with the CPU adding players to your board late ... If I struck out on my three top priority LBs, a 4th LB shouldnt appear on my board at Week 9, especially when he is ranked in the Top 10 for his position and I am #1 despite not recruiting him. Its fine if they want to make sure you fill your 'ships, but maybe get that MLB ranked in the 80s as opposed to #8.

The teams ... None of that college football camaraderie is present in this game. They all seem like robots. There is no difference between a game vs FBS Southeast and your biggest rival. Your players against #1 are the exact same ... You can see the passion of college football at home on your TV but not in this game. No sweat, no tears, no fistbumps. No crowd noise for big plays, no excitement for game changing TD. The presentation barely reflects it, the crowd doesn't. That makes college football what it is.

Conference realignment ... Allow me to delete conferences. As we move towards super conferences would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #26
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

If I had to add anything to the mix here I would definitely add Adaptive AI. When do you see a team who is getting abused by the deep ball NOT adjust to that and change up their coverage? If a D is getting gashed by the run, do they not stack more in the box to try and counter the attack by the offense? Same for the offense. I want to see the CPU change up their play calling and make me think what is coming next. If I'm constantly shutting down their running game, then I want them to start nickel and diming me in the passing game to back off the defense from the LOS to open up the running game again. As goes if the CPU is gashing me on the ground and I adjust, I want to see the CPU eventually take advantage of me stacking more guys in the box. This is why Football is compared to chess. It's all hits, catches, big runs, interceptions, fumbles and touchdowns on the field, but when it comes to coaching, it's like chess. Who can outsmart their opponent? This would tremendously combat a lot of gameplay issues we have seen, for example, the deep ball issue.

EA also needs to understand that dynamic features leads to greater replay value. Dynamic Commentary (I know they have started this, but they really need to get with the program)

Dynamic Weather (I'm tired of downpouring games ALL GAME LONG. It's ok if it happens every now and then but mix it up a bit. Maybe have a game start out overcast or sunny and progress to a rain game and change throughout the game.)

Dynamic Attendance (This used to work great, but what happened to the crowd leaving in a blowout? I have seen some say that it's still there for small schools, but even the bigger crowds leave during blowouts)

Dynamic Player Performance from Madden (College Football is always about the ups and downs throughout the season so this would be a great add)

Dynamic Rivalries (Ok, so maybe the NCAA doesn't want EA to mess with the current rivalries, but maybe add 1-2 slots to where a new rivalry can be produced. If I have several close games with the same team over a span of 3-5 years, then maybe a rivalry could develop)

This is just a small touch on what I feel could improve this game tremendously. I wish EA would quit working on graphics, motion blur and start working on the things that will suck any player, hardcore or not, into this game. I mean how cool would it be to start a game with good weather, not knowing if it might start raining? Seeing the crowd leave during a blowout always was a cool feature in my eyes. Dynamic is the way to go EA!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #27
Rookie

mbruck_7's Arena

OVR: 2

-Ability to medical redshirt

-More realistic: college football operations control (stadium upgrades, pricing, etc.), program sanctions, disciplinary issues, etc.

-Enhanced graphics (fans, grass, sideline players, etc.)
Related to this is how the players feet sometimes go into the ground.
really takes away from the realness. And also how the field goal net
magically rises out of the ground.

-Smoother menu and screen transitions.

- No more glitchy gameplay.

Much more, but that's all off the top of my head.

Last edited by mbruck_7; 08-17-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #28
Rookie

ThePhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 7

Loose non-fitting jersey sleeves like PSU's Matt McGloin and Eli Manning. More inportantly, DUPLICATE NUMBERS!!!!!

Xbox: JThind
Old 08-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like what you said, but I have some ideas too. Recruiting violations would be good. We could have the choice to offer money and things like cars to recruits And their families. However, we could face punishment for doing this like in real life. Also I would like to go into The locker room before, during, and after the game and give speeches and stuff like that. All of this would be great in dynasty mode.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Scrap The exhibition mode for ESPN College Gameday Mode. This would definitely enhance the game. Intense rivalries and significant games would include cast on the set of College Gameday.

Dynamic attendence: Make the crowd realistic and eliminate full staduims for teams that don't pack the house.

Stadium pulse: bring it back and make it important part of the game.

Create a sign: This was a fun feature to have in the game.

Chain gang: Whats so hard about adding this back in game?

Crowd: enhance the movement and excitement during plays. The is crowd is pretty dull right now.

Cheerleaders: Make them important on the sides. You can't even hear them during the game.

Online play: add more cut scenes that show the fans up close or get the mascot involved or something.

Sidelines: Fix it, it still looks bad after all these years. Add the three coaches on the sidelines.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 08-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #31
Rookie

Yung Goat 404's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhbdawg
Neutral Site games during the regular season.

It would most likely be a VERY easy fix. And some of the biggest games in recent years can't be replicated in Dynasty mode because of this omission. What's strange is that some (like UGA/UF) are already built into the scheduling.

Just open it up for any game. Customization is the key.
This right here. To have the ability to play the games where they are actually played like Michigan vs Alabama in Dallas. I know this would be an easy fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Get rid of the game planning gimmick. Make players perform based on their attributes. The gameplanning destroys the game for the AI. It makes them play worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »