Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List

This game will never be great gameplay wise until they fix the animations.

Running animations are horrible. When a player runs with a ball, he tucks it close to his chest and runs straight up with his eyes down field.

What this game has is players running hunched over with the ball down by their side, its awful.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #50
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

It wd be nice for them to add kick return right and kick return left. Common sense!!!!!!!!!!
Been askin for this for years.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #51
Rookie

fghkjh's Arena

OVR: 1

I have lots, but I will keep it simple and as short as possible.
Passing:
-I want more control over where I place the ball to receivers. There is very little control over placing the ball in precise places (like back-shoulder or low and away from defenders).
-Receivers need to be able to go up and get the ball more regularly. Most of the time the animation has the receiver wait for the ball to come down (same with defenders).
-I would like to be able to select a throwing style, then have a rating to determine how quickly the QB's release is (Tebow would have a low rating compared to Aaron Rogers).
-Add improvised throws. When a QB is rolling out to their weak side they turn their whole body to throw when lots of times a QB will do a shovel pass on a short rout or throwing the ball away.
Rushing:
-Running style would be nice. An upright runner would be faster but easier to tackle compared to a low runner who loses speed but is like a bowling ball.
-Blockers still need work, too often they run right by a defender who is in a position to make a play and hit someone out of the play.
-I know that the suction blocking has been reworked this year, but there are still times when they slide into a block.
Defense:
-I mentioned it in the passing section, but attacking the ball in the air needs to be implemented.
-Linebackers react to bullet passes WAY too quickly when playing on Heisman. They are like 5 yards away on quick slants and somehow have the reaction time to jump as soon as the ball is thrown.
-Defensive backs should not drop like 75% of balls that hit them in the hands. Believe it or not they catch most of the balls that hit them between the numbers.
-Gang-tackling could be improved so when a guy is being held up by a few defenders you can try to strip the ball (LSU does this a lot).
Special Teams:
-Improved blocking chances (especially on punts).
-Different punt formations, there are like 5 different ones used throughout college.
-Trick plays on returns like reverses on kick-off returns.
Overall:
-Less strict positioning, there are lots of hybrid guys who play RB/WR (DeAnthony Thomas, Percy Harvin)
-Overhaul player ratings. They are so bunched that truly great players don't stand out, especially with speed. Being a 90 overall should mean you are All-American (maybe 20-25 90+ overall players)
-Recruiting should be less precise, low rated recruits should turn out to be good players sometimes and highly rated recruits should be busts sometimes.
-Upgrades should be available during the dynasty, teams upgrade athletic facilities, academics and whatnot, but at the same time if you neglect them they should decrease.
-I would like to see academics play a role in recruiting, a player with a low high school GPA going to Stanford would be more likely to have academic issues while at school (I know this is a long shot because it would paint the NCAA in bad terms but I had to try).
-Redshirting in Road to Glory would be cool, if I go to a school with lots of great players at my position and wouldn't be able to pay until late in the first year if at all, getting an extra year of eligibility would be good.
-This is probably an extreme long shot, but the first person in Road to Glory would be really cool like in 2K5.
-I enjoyed having to spend time between academics and training to keep a RTG player active and also the simple thing of having it set in a dorm room.
-Playing a full season in H.S. is fine, but what about just going to a camp or picking a few school's/regional camps and how you preform determines if the school/schools in the region who hosts the camp will want you and how good you are. Then you can still play in the high school playoffs.

That is what I have for now (that was longer than I thought, but I am avoiding studying for midterms). I have more if there are people out there who don't think I am a complete lunatic.

Last edited by fghkjh; 10-30-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

They need to put a FCS division dynasty mode and then they need to make it to where you can move up to FBS.

They need to make junior college transfers.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #53
Rookie

barrons01's Arena

OVR: 3

do you think they are going to put in rugby style punts since almost everyone is doing more now?
Old 11-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

One nice improvement in the gameplay would be to make the Awareness rating directly related to the player's field of view. For example, a running back with a low awareness will pick less blitzes and find less holes on the line when running than a running back with a higher awareness. Another example would be a CB with a lower awareness will lose contact more often with his WR than a more aware CB.

And of course, fix the psychic DBs and leaping LB and those blind swats.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

hook blocks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #56
Rookie

spartyon6686's Arena

OVR: 10

They have got to remove the computer defense's ability to know EVERY PLAY I run and they have to stop the super linebackers from tipping passes and stop DBs from jumping routes. They also have got to fix WR/DB interaction. The WR never go up and get the ball like Calvin Johnson does. They also have to make WR change their routes to get around the zone. This happens all the time in real college games but my WRs walk right into the zone and stand there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »