Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #33
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List

We desperately need the CPU AI to be... intelligent. It's too easy to run the ball out of 3/4 WR formations... They need to adjust like humans do and take away our money plays. If we're running the same couple of plays, they should learn how to take that away.....

This is huge, I'm surprised not many people are talking about it.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
We desperately need the CPU AI to be... intelligent. It's too easy to run the ball out of 3/4 WR formations... They need to adjust like humans do and take away our money plays. If we're running the same couple of plays, they should learn how to take that away.....

This is huge, I'm surprised not many people are talking about it.
I stated something like this earlier on this page.
"Add a Logic where AI figures out what plays you run and trys to stop it.
-Add a logic where AI keys on Players who are dominating. Like Loading up the box, not because they know Im running. Shading Coverage towards a WR or Backing up in Coverage if you are having sucess deep. Shifting OLine towards one side if I DLineman is wreaking havoc. QBs not throwing to one side if a DB is Locking down a side."
Old 08-17-2011, 12:24 AM   #35
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Huge fumble piles.

Not the stupid button mashing thing that Madden did. But if there's a fumble around a bunch of people, have them all dive on it, quick 5 second cut scene of the refs sorting it out, and then they signal whose ball it is.

Crowd goes crazy, or crowd boos, depending on who got it.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #36
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

OVR: 0

Defensive assignments like Madden has. I hate when I come out in Dime. The other team comes out in 4 wide trips. Instead of the 4th CB coming to the other side they assign my LB to the WR and I don't have enough time to switch them. It happens in a twins formation too. My CB will stay on his side to cover a TE/HB instead of going to the other side of field, and my OLB is stuck covering a WR.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #37
Rookie

geauxfan70's Arena

OVR: 2

The biggest thing I want is for them to fix the damn linebackers that swat a pass 10 feet over their head with split second recognition. I have never seen a real linebacker: a) jump that high b) swat a pass like they do every time, or c) realize the pass is going over their heads and get their hands up to swat it. It's ridiculous. Also, the one handed linebacker interception animation needs to be completely done away with, the most ridiculous animation in the game.

Second thing, please please please custom formation subs. For the love of God, custom formation subs.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:10 AM   #38
Rookie

guitarzero303's Arena

OVR: 1

1. Wide Receivers and Safeties fight for the ball.

2. Add in the shovel pass.

3. Pregame, Halftime, and Post Game Shows.

4. Get more show TV Packages on board with specific in game UIs for each (ESPN, SEC on CBS, NBC, Big Ten Network, etc.)

5. Get more announcers and more commentary in general. Have specific announcers that are specific to there TV Network. Have commentary that talks about at least the current season not just the current game. Also, if the game is Eastern Michigan vs. some FCS team, I don't think that ESPN is gonna cover it, so make smaller games fit in with some of the smaller TV packages.

6. Have the crowd become a factor, if they are loud, have receivers mess up hot routes because they couldn't hear properly, etc.

7. Add a physics engine, I know that this will probably come on next gen or whenever they rebuild the engine, but football is the sport that in the most desperate need of a physics engine.

8. Add an accelerated clock option.

9. If there ever comes a day when EA is aloud to actually use the identity of college players in the game, then have it set up like Madden, where you might see a picture of a teams O-line that has real pictures of players and stats.

10. Allow scheduling of neutral site games in dynasty and allow us to change the CPUs uniforms.

11. Make recruits more three dimensional, you pretty much never see a RB recruit that can also potentially be a QB, things like that help.

12. Keep adding to the coaching carousel and add more dynamic objectives (maybe game to game objectives). Make being a coordinator actually mean being a coordinator.

13. Fix how fast drives are in simulation.

14. Add more info on recruits, add in summer training to allow us to see them in action, and also have the camp potentially increase their stats. Also have a team weekly practice in dynasty like in Road to Glory.

15. Let us choose how good our Road to Glory players start out at. It is way to easy to become an NFL caliber player before the end of Freshman year.

Sorry about the length of this list, just wanted to get it off my mind. There is more that I can think of like line interaction and player interaction in general, but this is a start.

Last edited by guitarzero303; 08-31-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 20

Remove Jump the snap.

Fix CPU blitz tendancy (I estimate it at about 80%, which is primarly why verticals are always open).

Fix the option blocking. Option blocking isn't the same as power/man blocking. Option blocking is more zone blocking and cut blocks. Pro Style offenses use more man/power blocking. Different assignments.

Physics engine. Too often I'm seeing the CPU stop on a dime, reverse field and make a play they have no business making. This also happens when you are heading to the GL, with a full head of steam...you hit a freakin brick wall, and all momentum is stopped....every time.

Psychic DB's, who can cover 3 guys at once. I see all the time a guy running free in the middle, and before I even let go of the pass, the Safety leaves his guy and is at my guy in a heartbeat. He often times does this with his back to the QB.

tone down the leaping of LB's and DL guys. too often I see a LB jumping up and swatting down a lob pass intended for a guy 20 yards behind him. Also, too often I see a DL guy get buy (ala jump the snap) jump in the air, with his right hand extended, and he has more hangtime than Michael Jordan. The funny thing is, the ENTIRE DL does this at the same time.

As others have said, ability to schedule neutral site games.

Repeated from last year...ability to upgrade stadiums.

Dynamic weather changes. Sometimes, you start a game off in sun, but by the 4th quarter, it's cloudy, or even raining. Sometimes you start in rain and finish in sun....maybe it's cold, and it snows on and off through out the game.

More dirt on uniforms. If it's raining, and you get tackled on paint or in mud, your uniform should have that paint or mud on it..

Lastly, do some testing on the game before it's released. A game that costs $60 shouldn't have this many flaws/bugs in it.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #40
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I want to see sliders have a much larger impact on gameplay.

-Remove the 5 point scale. I should be able to set my QBA at 43 if I want not 45 or 40.
-If 50 is default (zero on the number line) then any move north of 50 would give a rating boost, while any move south of 50 would see a rating decrease.
- Level should not come with boost but rather each level should control AI play calling. On the lowest level the AI calls dumb plays while the highest level sees a much improved play calling.

Some additions to the sliders:
-Add play rec as a slider like it is in Madden and remove it as a rating. This way all parties can be happy. We can tone down the aggressive D.
-Add a section of special teams sliders. They would include a return slider (effects the ability to return kicks and punts), all the kicking sliders, and kick and punt block sliders (effects the ability to block kicks and punts).
- Add the injury slider form Madden. I hate playing an entire season and not hving a single injury. It happens. I like having to rely on my depth vs the same guys playing every game.
Just a few ideas. We all play the game differently so why not make sliders a way for everyone enjoy the game more. If Madden has a slider then it should be in NCAA

Last edited by jbrew2411; 09-04-2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Addition

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »