Home

Generic EA Roster Editor

This is a discussion on Generic EA Roster Editor within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Generic EA Roster Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar4380
Ok so now I figured out how to get the file back into Horizon.. it shows up on my thumb drive in computer and also when i access the drive on the exbox through the main dash board... HOWEVER, it does not show up inside NCAA when I go to load the roster....

ugh please help..
I posted the answer in the madden thread.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar4380
That stinks that the recruits can't be found in a dynasty file.. did you try it in year 2 once they choose their teams or just in year 1 while they are recruits? ... On that same note did you notice if you could edit player attributes inside a dynasty?

the xml file is geared towards pulling data fields from a Dynasty save, so everything is editable.

Please help with my question regarding how to save back into the correct format I am getting an error message when trying to get file back into Horizon. I will try the madden editor to get file into excel..

See SEC's post.
Side note is that I forgot that there was a Data Field issue when exporting NCAA through Madden Editor, then trying to Import back into.
I "think" a remedy may have been discussed in the Madden Editor thread, but I have't been there in a couple of days now, will go see.

Also this updated file you posted has an error regarding facemask
Yeah, that's the headache. If one thing is off, you get an error.
I was rushing to get the Player Accessories in around 1am, but guess that's what happens when you rush!!!
I just deleted the data fields info for Player Accessories until I get home after work today.
So I changed xml file to txt to upload here from school (because can't download programs (Winzip) to their PC's) so change txt back to xml and hopefully everything works the same.

will see if we can just have an export/import feature added to this Editor and we do everything in Excel.

Last edited by khaliib; 11-16-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol
I'll look into doing a dedicated NCAA editor, but its going to take some time, in that I am nowhere near as familiar with the fields and family & work are pretty demanding at the moment. I'll see what I can do though, as time allows.
Xan would it be easier if an Export/Import option was added to this Editor instead developing one specifically for NCAA?

Just thinking "out-loud" because I don't mind going into Excel and doing my edits there.

Actually would prefer this method as most PC's I (and others) use prevent Programs from being downloaded, but in Excel I could edit on work, school PC's etc..., then import when I get back home.

Even more of a thorn is that they are Mac's!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
It sounds as if you are trying to use the mc02 file as the roster file. The MC02 file is nothing more than extracted data. Upon completion of your edits you have to save the MC02 file, then in horizon, use the replace feature on the original roster file, which you originally extracted the data from.

To replace:

Have the original roster file open in horizon, select contents, right click the file, select replace, select the MC02 file. The MC02 data replaces the data in the original roster file.
I am not sure that is it because I don't think horizon accepts MCO2 file will not even load into Horizon.. I got an error code before when I was trying that...
Check out PS4 Madden 20 Roster file in Madden19 at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=namYI1dXrKE

Donations can be made at: PayPal: [email protected]
Old 11-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 0

with generic editor was able to give alabama, air forces offense and playbook, and used in play now game. ncaa 12 was only able to do this with 2 controller as coach changes would not stick with console. may have already been known
Old 11-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

11/16 Update
I'm on a Mac at school, so hopefully everything works
(changed xml to txt to upload, change back to xml and see if works)

Did you test this cause I am able to get the xml file to load into the editor but then I get an error when I try to load a MCO2 roster file into it. And I was able to load that same MC02 file into other xml config files

Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #55
Rookie

Ok guys this is getting really annoying. As I am sure all my questions are as well... here is the directions. I have tried this over and over and the file still does not show up in NCAA to load it..

"6. In the Package Manger, click on Contents and extract the file in there to your folder, adding a .MC02 to the end of the file name ( ex. ROSTERA.MC02 - this is just to keep things straight ).

7. Now run my editor, click File -> Open, and choose the MC02 file. A .DB file will be written out, so don't freak - its suppose to!

8. Edit away! There are filters along the top and some stuff you can only change on the left side ( like names ). Just double click a value to edit it.

9. Once done, click File -> Save - NOTE - your MC02 file was just overwritten!!!

10. In Horizon's Package Manager ( assuming you still have your roster open ), in the Content view, select the file, right click, and choose Replace. Browse to your MC02 file and select it. Now click on the Rehash & resign button in the Package Manager.

11. Copy the new roster onto your USB and make sure it works - that's it!"

in step 10 it says to browse to your MC02 file is that right or are you supposed to use the DB file that gets spit out from the editor that is mentioned in step 7 ?????? PLEASE HELP

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #56
Rookie

also the little button in the top right of the horizon window to save it back to my thumb drive is not showing. Do I have to manually drag it into the thumb drive?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »