Home

Greatest Teams of the 2000s

This is a discussion on Greatest Teams of the 2000s within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-26-2023, 02:44 PM   #9
Rookie

wreckem27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Greatest Teams of the 2000s

Oops for some reason I thought it was 2000-2009. Definitely agree with 2015 lol.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:42 PM   #10
Rookie

2007 Missouri now added. Great team featuring Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin, Danario Alexander, Martin Rucker, Ziggy Hood, Sean Weatherspoon, and William Moore. Tough on both sides of the ball.

I played 2000 Oklahoma in a hypothetical Big 12 Championship Game at Cowboy Stadium and won an absolute classic 36-31. Traded the lead several times in the fourth quarter and won on a touchdown with about 30 seconds to play.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:11 AM   #11
Rookie

2010 Arkansas now added to the file. Led by the recently deceased Ryan Mallett, who I gave 99 arm strength. Dude could absolutely sling it.

They've also got Nile Davis, Jarius Wright, Joe Adams, Colbi Hamilton, and Travis Swanson. Fast, talented receivers, a big and fast running back, and a quarterback with a cannon arm adds up to a really dangerous offense.

I played a test game against Mississippi State. A very strange game, I wasted a great performance by my defense. I was down 13-0 going into the third quarter after Mallett had been horribly inaccurate all game. Then I suddenly got my offense going and ripped off back to back touchdown drives to go up 14-13 with under a minute left. But I left too much time for Dak and he managed to get into field goal range and they made the game winner on the final play to win 16-14. A very different game from the shootouts I've been having.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2023, 12:11 AM   #12
Rookie

Three new teams in the file: 2018 Kentucky, 2012 Vanderbilt, and 2006 Wake Forest.

2018 Kentucky was the best Kentucky team in decades, they finished 10-3 and beat Penn State in the Citrus Bowl. They're anchored by a great defense, as you would expect from a Mark Stoops team. Josh Allen (not that Josh Allen) is the star and they've got a number of other NFL players around him. They're a spread running offense led by Bennie Snell, who rushed for almost 1,500 yards in 2018.

2012 Vanderbilt finished 9-4 and won the Music City Bowl. They have two stars on offense in Zac Stacy at Running Back and Jordan Matthews at Wide Receiver. James Franklin did an amazing job in his time at Vandy.

I played these two teams against each other. I was Vandy and lost a 44-41 OT thriller. I thought I had the game won with five seconds left but one of my receivers dropped what would have been the game winning touchdown. Settled for a field goal to force OT instead and then gave up a touchdown to lose the game. Both running backs were dominant, Snell went for almost 200 yards and Stacy had over 150.

2006 Wake Forest had a miraculous run to win the ACC Championship for only the second time in school history. They managed to do it despite losing their starting quarterback and all of their running backs to the point where they had to move on of their receivers to running back. They have a strong offensive line with Steve Justice at Center and a couple other NFL players. The defense is led by first round pick Aaron Curry. They've also got Alphonso Smith and current Maryland Offensive Coordinator Josh Gattis at safety.

I played as them and upset Florida State 21-13. My defense played great. We picked off Jameis Winston twice, once returning it for the touchdown and the other time setting up a TD by the offense. I was able to run effectively but struggled to throw, ended the game with under 100 yards passing. I basically took the air out of the ball in the second half and just depended on my defense to hold and they were able to get it done.

I'm loving playing with these rosters. I feel like I get a good mix of blowouts, close games, comebacks, shootouts, and defensive battles. Editing the coach sliders to turn up aggression on offense and turn it down on defense seems to be helping too, stops the CPU from throwing screens all day and blitzing every down on defense.
Old 07-28-2023, 07:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
Locker: TheLaw1989 (XBox Live)

As one last hurrah for this game I'm working on a roster of classic teams that I enjoyed playing as over the*course of the NCAA series. This is the greatest teams of the 2000s, which means each school is represented by the team I've chosen as their greatest from this century.*

Here are the teams I've made (to varying degrees) so far:
2020 Alabama
2010 Auburn
2004 Cal
2021 Cincinnati
2018 Clemson
2008 Florida
2013 Florida State
2021 Georgia
2001 Illinois
2020 Indiana
2002 Iowa
2006 Louisville
2019 LSU
2001 Miami
2022 Michigan
2013 Michigan State
2019 Minnesota
2001 Nebraska
2012 Notre Dame
2014 Ohio State
2000 Oklahoma
2011 Oklahoma State
2014 Oregon2
005 Penn State
2000 Purdue
2010 Stanford
2010 TCU
2001 Tennessee
2006 Texas
2004 USC
2000 Virginia Tech
2016 Washington
2007 West Virginia

The base file was someone's 2017 rosters, I'm not 100% whose.

Northwestern, Wisconsin, UCF, USF, and Wyoming all have the right year for this roster because*of that but I haven't checked those rosters for accuracy yet.

I'll keep working on the file, here are some of the next teams I want to do:

2011 Arkansas
2006 Boise State
2001 Colorado
2014 Georgia Tech
2007 Hawaii
2007 Kansas
2003 Kansas State
2014 Mississippi State
2007 Missouri
2002 NC State
2015 North Carolina
2015 Ole Miss
2000 Oregon State
2021 Pitt
2006 Rutgers
2013 South Carolina
2012 Texas A&M
2008 Texas Tech
2004 Utah

Please give feedback, I do my best with ratings for guys but fans of the particular team are always going to have insight into them that I lack.*

Trivia:

-Notable players I left off their teams due to them suffering injuries early in the season: Michael Bush (2006 Louisville, broke his leg in their first game and missed the rest of the season) and Braxton Miller (2014 Ohio State, injured his shoulder in training camp and missed the entire season). I don't have an exact rule but I feel like playing three games is probably a good threshold for being included on the roster.

-Urban Meyer is the head coach of three different teams on this file (2004 Utah, 2008 Florida, 2014 Ohio State), I believe he's the only coach with three. A number of coaches have two teams: Bobby Petrino, Chris Peterson, Jim Harbaugh, P.J. Fleck.

-I've only come across two players so far who are on two different teams in this roster. Cam Newton was a backup on 2008 Florida and of course the starter for 2010 Auburn. Derrion Kendrick was a freshman at Clemson in 2018 and then transferred to Georgia and was still around for the 2021 team.

-The only players I've given out 99 speed to so far are John Ross from Washington and Donte Stallworth from Tennessee.
Is there an XBOX gamertag with these rosters?
Old 07-29-2023, 12:20 AM   #14
Rookie

Gamertag: TheLaw1989

Updated the file to include 2014 Georgia Tech. They won the ACC Coastal and ran all over Mississippi State in the Orange Bowl. For a Flexbone team they have surprisingly great wide receivers in DeAndre Smelter and Darren Waller.
Old 07-29-2023, 03:19 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

How many teams are left to complete?

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2023, 06:27 PM   #16
Rookie

My count is that about 60 teams are done. There's something like 120 teams in the game but I don't think I'll do all of them (or maybe for some of the smaller schools I'll just give them a few key players).

I think I've only got about ten "major" conference teams (by pre-realignment standard) to go so that will be a major milestone.

2003 Virginia has been added. I had forgotten how much talent was on these Virginia teams: Matt Schaub, Wali Lundy, Jason Snelling, Heath Miller, Elton Brown, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Ahmad Brooks, and Darryl Blackstock.

Somehow despite all that talent that team only managed to go 8-4.

I beat 2000 Virginia Tech on the road in a 13-10 defensive battle. Schaub got knocked out with a concussion in the second quarter so I had to play Marques Hagans at QB. I went to an ultra run heavy offense and just sort of prayed my defense would come through and they managed to contain Vick. Lee Suggs rushed for over 100 yards but I could live with that, I wasn't going to let Vick beat me with his legs.

Heath Miller was a stud and caught a TD and caught a pass for a first down with two minutes left that allowed me to run out the clock. Great blocking to spring Lundy and Hagans too.

I feel like this is the kind of team that would be really fun to do a season with. They underachieved in real life and you'd have a chance to get them redemption. Tough competition in the ACC though with 2001 Miami, 2018 Clemson, 2000 VA Tech, and 2013 Florida State.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »