Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #417
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Quick impressions from a NBA2k Die Hard Guy ..

Well i just spent some time on the demo xbox 360. I must say im SHOCKED to see the game improved so much over last years disaster.

Seriously..this game is GOOD, i really love the feel of it..feels polished...very polished. I dont know about the atmosphere and presentation yet.. it is a demo after all but the gameplay and visuals are nice indeed. I havent seen that ALIVE ATMOSPHERE all that much in the demo ....that NBA2k (vc guys) always seems to deliver during gameplay but who knows.. maybe it'll be spiced up a bit before going gold.

The Camera..NICE NICE NICE, i LOVE THE CAMERA CHOICES HERE FELLA's.. the baseline low cam is actually very usable and NICE and is back far enough to use..correct me if im wrong but it seems all camera's are adjustable..thats how you cater to the user. Give us choice!!!! And LIVE does just that...if only Madden did that for us this year.

The AI seems solid and smart enough to get the job done..although i found a few little quirks here and there..like the cpu had to think for a split second a few times...sorta odd but wasnt a game killer and it is a demo afterall. Its defiantly not too late for EA to speed up this "A.I. Thinking" that seems to happen here and there.. hopefully that can be fixed..like i said..not a game killer but it will get in the way during fast paced games,etc NBA2k..always had this smooth flow.. seems like LIVE is getting there but not quite there like NBA2k.

Controls feel SOFT? Is that the right word? They give me this soft feel ..weird i know but thats how i can express it the best but they are not bad..they actually feel good to teh hand and mind.

Hey i LOVE the free shoot around mode at the menu screen guys..thats ATMOSPHERE if you look around own the courts..you see other ballers shooting around and stuff..nice touch and that is honestly fun to just shoot around... a great demo..i LOVE demo's like these..alots of play time out of a demo.

Last edited by Moegames; 09-05-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #418
Rookie

OVR: 2
the graphics are amazing but its not smooth the players look like they are forced to play basketball but a least they show they care about thier gamers requst to better the game my money on 2k
Old 09-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #419
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Well they stated in the beginning of the demo, that the rosters were from the 2007-08 season.

So they aren't current.

Also play a couple of those rewind games, like I did in Video two, and the lineups will be different as well based off that particular game.

Nice!!!

Maybe a spaceship finally showed up to take him back home....

lol

Old 09-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #420
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutumbo888
lol

LOL! I always refer to him as "jimminy cricket!" I'm lovin the ET take, though...

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #421
Rookie

OVR: 4

So are you guys trying to say that all aliens look alike? I mean that's sorta racist if so..

I'm just saying..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #422
Pro

OVR: 14

Thanks for all the impressions and videos guys! Keep 'em coming. I'm really excited to try it out for myself when it hits the PSN.

As for the shot release issue, I remember in the last Live game that I played (05), there was a "poor release shot percent" slider or something like that, is it still in this year's game?

I used to bump it all the way down in 05. That way, releasing the button early or late will rarely result in a made shot. Given that it's not as easy to "feel" an early, exact, or late release in this year's game (based on your impressions), this slider could help a lot.

Last edited by 23bluesman; 09-05-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #423
Banned

OVR: 6

I like the demo, but rebounding is pretty poor in my opinion, the sluggish players really screw up trying to rebound. I just end up letting the computer rebound for me.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #424
Banned

OVR: 11
I went back and played some more. How could you guys come up with some long review for this trash, and why compare it to 08?The live producer said they didnt get the game they wanted in 08, and now after making millions, you admit 08 was bad. Wow. So compare LIVE with 2k, not LiVe 08. And the comparisons end at their both NBA games. LIVE is sluggish, a big fat slug. Once again, they don't know what basketball really is, so they leave it up to us with these sliders. I've never changed a slider in my life, when you go online, you play how the game is, so why in your house you tweaking this and cheesing that. Why are we the game developers? LIVE always looks like colorful crayon drawings, and this year doesnt disappoint. they still make people look funny, how come Madden players look better? And still TWO BUTTONS TO SHOOT, why? I still don't understand that, its like their ignorant about keeping it, to a fault. How come 2k has all the dunks, layups, jumpers, leaners, etc. with one shot button, what is EA's problem. I predict this the last year for that two button shooting. It never made sense. Live is so garbage. geez, it looks like 2k5 finally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »