Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2008, 05:42 AM   #441
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
The 2 shoot buttons one is 4 a regular shot the other for a dunk but if u accidently hit the dunk button at the 3 point line it will go up 4 a regular shot not a 3 point lay up animation like last year...
ha. You don't know how many times I hit the dunk button instead of the shot button on the Live 06 demo. It was the whole reason I never got it.

Ah about the practice gym, it's cool. I stood in front of KG for a few seconds and he passed me the ball. The other guys stopped shooting and started dancing.

Last edited by Sluggo; 09-06-2008 at 05:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 05:44 AM   #442
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
no I don't, considering I spent most of my time on the court, only green I remember was on the free-throw meter.

I didn't dance too much in that gym to know what he was talking about. First thing I thought of was NBA'09 on PS3 when I heard green meter.

I haven't tampered with the practice gym enough to know anything about a green meter.
All you have to do is shoot one time with the B button to know what he's talking about. It's either red or green and the bar is huge
Old 09-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #443
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9
The 2 button is annoying at times, but imo think it works better the the 1 button just think how many times in 2k have you been under the rim and instead of just doing a lay up or dunk ur player shots the balland misses. You can always change it to one button so I don't no why people are complaing.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #444
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

I love how the coaches react on a foul against their team. Anyone else notice this?

I'm loving the new pick and roll feature in this game, and the playcalling with DNA.

I like the free throw mechanics in this game. It's not complicated, but simple and yet challenging. I hope they keep this for future iterations of the game.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #445
All Star

OVR: 20

Anybody mention how incredible it is to play defense in this game? I really like the automatic lockdown but even better is the automatic double teams and help defense. Unlike in 2k where it was near impossible to double team and the double teams were stiff, in the Live demo, I can just go near Garnett with Fisher and it goes into an automatic double team animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #446
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Been playing this demo pretty regularly, along with the NHL 09 demo. Have to admit, this game is a definite improvement on Live 08 and a HUGE improvement on any Live before that..but still can't touch NBA 2K7. But next year? I could see them pulling even closer, if they keep improving at this rate. And in two years, when they're the only basketball game on the market, losing the 2K series will be slightly easier to take lol.

In all seriousness, aside from some minor to major clipping/animation speed issues, still poor rebounding (too many guys still watching the ball) and piss poor rim physics, this game is pretty damn good.

Love the playcalling, DNA system and the potential of this game with some slider adjustments. It won't replace NBA 2K9, but it will be nice to play this game along with it every now and then.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #447
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo
I'm giving Live a shot this year due to the DNA stuff and TP on the cover. I liked the demo. It was too short though. Spent a lot of time in the practice area and the shot meter or whatever is really broken. I couldn't make anything when the ball turned green but I made 10 straight 3s shooting with the layup/dunk button. Also it seems EA got some new pbp from Marv.
I have never brought a sports game because of who was on the cover.

That's interesting.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #448
Banned

OVR: 11
2k had team tendencies, so the bucks double team wouldnt work as effective as a Miami double team, you have to raise your defensive pressure, and double teams in 2k really work. Please don't give LIVE props for having broken code. It feels rushed. And clunky

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »