Home

Please Ban Hackers on PC

This is a discussion on Please Ban Hackers on PC within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #17
Banned

hedop's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please Ban Hackers on PC

Doubt it's gonna change much but it's definitely more visible here I grant you that.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #18
Rookie

gotchaMF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedop
Doubt it's gonna change much but it's definitely more visible here I grant you that.
If you post pics, videos, or just write how you feel about it will. They read the forums here. Just be respectful.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #19
Banned

hedop's Arena

I use Cheat Engine myself but not online. I have my player and I stick with him, that's the one I grind out. The problem was the same last year so I don't see a change coming. 2k knew about it. On the Pre-Release day there was a table up, I know because I'm a forum member of cheat engine, within 2 hours. Why? Because the gaps from last year haven't been fixed. That is just really bad work tbh. Especially because it's easy to fix.

I do not condone the use of Cheat Engine for online play in whatever mode. I do however think that it is the prerogative of the person who bought a game for well over 50 Euro to do with it as he pleases as long as he doesn't do it online and disrupt other people's fun with the game. I do not see the point of grinding and grinding again because I'd like to have a second career or a third to just enjoy myself and play ball, especially because I put in the hours in 2k15, 2k14, 2k13, 2k12 and 2k11. I think I have earned the right not to be forced to do that again and again and again every time I fancy starting a career on a different position. Why do it with VC? Simple because if you do it offline you are not allowed to use the fabulous shop so you can't dress your player appropriately for the cutscenes and the likes. I also think it's fairly low of 2k to make me buy jumpshots, dunk packages etc. again and again for MyPlayer when I start a new career. I think 5.000 VC is plenty for the Jordan Dunk Package and I think buying it once should be sufficient.

Personally I also don't see the point of playing with players who are "enhanced" in this manner and to this extent. I also don't see the fun in farming VC via the stats option, crashing servers, manipulating stats in MT so you can win against an opponent online and so forth. There is just no point to it. I don't do it. I am however fairly certain that if you somehow manage to shut CE for 2k16 down you will lose probably a third maybe more of the park. Those are not the guys who abuse it in the way shown by you but the guys who, like me, don't want to grind after the 100th iteration of the game and the same mode. So they get their player up to 85-90 which is something you can do with buying VC and playing the game for 30 hours or so and then go online. They don't add badges or what not they just don't want to or can not, for lack of time, spend 200 hours to get there, which is what it would take to get there grinding.

BUT the fixes for the problem would be easy. On the other hand I think it's also borderline what you do here in terms of posting whatsapp conversations and the likes... that's a bit of witch hunt and fairly nasty and also violates the right to privacy quite badly because I'm sure he didn't give you his consent to publish your stuff. For all I care have guys who find hackers report to you, collect the user names and then report them to the 2k support but don't do it like that... shaming people will never work... they only get more nasty. They are trolls remember?
Old 10-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #20
Banned

i paid 80 bucks for constant stuttering, dumb teammate ai and hackers galore. why.

don't worry gais - they'll implement it next year if you pay another 80.

Last edited by psydefx; 10-16-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:32 AM   #21
Rookie

It is easy to patch CE,lot of other games dont have problems with CE and hackers...It makes no sense playing MyPark or MyTeam because fun is ruined...Especialy i dont see point playing MyTeam bcs ppl use CE to quit the game and you get a loss,VC hack,etc...2k knows about CE for a long time and they did nothing,why is that so,i really dont know...At least they care about PC version little bit more then 2k15,we already had 2 updates/patches..

Leftos i hope you read this post and give the patch that will disable Cheat Engine once for all...Ok you dont have to ban ppl who used it,but at least disable it so i can play myteam without no fear that other guy will use CE to quit...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 05:33 PM   #22
Rookie

Not only I don't want to play myPark anymore because of hackers, but they won't play me usually becase my player is only 82. not lol

What the reason for not baning those people and closin chat engine? I should think that 2k just don't care about PC useres who want fun with this game.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:44 AM   #23
Rookie

gotchaMF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedop
I use Cheat Engine myself but not online. I have my player and I stick with him, that's the one I grind out. The problem was the same last year so I don't see a change coming. 2k knew about it. On the Pre-Release day there was a table up, I know because I'm a forum member of cheat engine, within 2 hours. Why? Because the gaps from last year haven't been fixed. That is just really bad work tbh. Especially because it's easy to fix.

I do not condone the use of Cheat Engine for online play in whatever mode. I do however think that it is the prerogative of the person who bought a game for well over 50 Euro to do with it as he pleases as long as he doesn't do it online and disrupt other people's fun with the game. I do not see the point of grinding and grinding again because I'd like to have a second career or a third to just enjoy myself and play ball, especially because I put in the hours in 2k15, 2k14, 2k13, 2k12 and 2k11. I think I have earned the right not to be forced to do that again and again and again every time I fancy starting a career on a different position. Why do it with VC? Simple because if you do it offline you are not allowed to use the fabulous shop so you can't dress your player appropriately for the cutscenes and the likes. I also think it's fairly low of 2k to make me buy jumpshots, dunk packages etc. again and again for MyPlayer when I start a new career. I think 5.000 VC is plenty for the Jordan Dunk Package and I think buying it once should be sufficient.

Personally I also don't see the point of playing with players who are "enhanced" in this manner and to this extent. I also don't see the fun in farming VC via the stats option, crashing servers, manipulating stats in MT so you can win against an opponent online and so forth. There is just no point to it. I don't do it. I am however fairly certain that if you somehow manage to shut CE for 2k16 down you will lose probably a third maybe more of the park. Those are not the guys who abuse it in the way shown by you but the guys who, like me, don't want to grind after the 100th iteration of the game and the same mode. So they get their player up to 85-90 which is something you can do with buying VC and playing the game for 30 hours or so and then go online. They don't add badges or what not they just don't want to or can not, for lack of time, spend 200 hours to get there, which is what it would take to get there grinding.

BUT the fixes for the problem would be easy. On the other hand I think it's also borderline what you do here in terms of posting whatsapp conversations and the likes... that's a bit of witch hunt and fairly nasty and also violates the right to privacy quite badly because I'm sure he didn't give you his consent to publish your stuff. For all I care have guys who find hackers report to you, collect the user names and then report them to the 2k support but don't do it like that... shaming people will never work... they only get more nasty. They are trolls remember?
I appreciate your being honesty, but you didn't make the game. Just because you paid for it doesn't make it yours. This isn't a car or a house. CE doesn't belong in the game period. If you don't have the time, then why are you playing video games? Just create a player and go to MyGM. Please don't use that argument.

Also, I don't care about shaming him because I didn't come here to shame him or the others. I just want someone at 2k to know what is going on and see what the community is dealing with on the PC side. The guys don't care and feel entitled to use it. If this thread gets deleted, I'll make a new.

Last edited by gotchaMF; 10-18-2015 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:23 AM   #24
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchaMF
I appreciate your being honesty, but you didn't make the game. Just because you paid for it doesn't make it yours. This isn't a car or a house. CE doesn't belong in the game period. If you don't have the time, then why are you playing video games? Just create a player and go to MyGM. Please don't use that argument.

Also, I don't care about shaming him because I didn't come here to shame him or the others. I just want someone at 2k to know what is going on and see what the community is dealing with on the PC side. The guys don't care and feel entitled to use it. If this thread gets deleted, I'll make a new.
Lol...are you seriously making an argument against offline modding of games for personal use? Please tell me I just misinterpreted you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »