Home

NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #49
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
It was like this last year...Leftos was on top of things and pretty much smoothed things out after the first patch...plus it wouldn't be a NBA 2k PC game without microstutter lol it's almost traditional...
It's worse this year Goffs. There's definitely something broken with vsync, commentary sometimes mutes by itself, there's major stuttering even with Low settings, sometimes game speeds up without a reason etc. I've tried every single tweak. I even have better performance with all high settings than low. This means that there are huge optimization problems.
One tweak though I haven't tried is forcing vsync in ATI Control Center to bypass the ingame one. I'll try this one but the game right now has to be removed from Steam. It's Batman 2k16.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #50
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

What is amazing to me is that this is the exact same thing as last year. Nvidia chipsets have issues with the way this game is coded. Why didn't they build last year's fix into this game? Amazing.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-25-2015, 09:49 AM   #51
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
What is amazing to me is that this is the exact same thing as last year. Nvidia chipsets have issues with the way this game is coded. Why didn't they build last year's fix into this game? Amazing.....
I'm on AMD. The problems are in both sides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Stats from my first completed CPU vs CPU on 12 minutes Superstar:

Spoiler

Take note: this was a close game and thus both fouls and free throw totals ended up a bit bloated. Lots of intentional fouling towards the end.

11 blocks by a team is pretty crazy. I would say it was just one game, but it's actually two - although I didn't get a count on the first game because it froze, it seemed like they were pretty high there too.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #53
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
I'm on AMD. The problems are in both sides.
The lack of optimization is really disappointing, especially considering the preorder release was well-known in advance.

How long did it take for them to patch it last year?
Old 09-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #54
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Stats from my first completed CPU vs CPU on 12 minutes Superstar:

Spoiler

Take note: this was a close game and thus both fouls and free throw totals ended up a bit bloated. Lots of intentional fouling towards the end.

11 blocks by a team is pretty crazy. I would say it was just one game, but it's actually two - although I didn't get a count on the first game because it froze, it seemed like they were pretty high there too.
Block setting and turnovers seem to be high on default from what I'm seeing, but the stats aren't bad. Like how the Mavs got owned on the board, that's how it's going to be without Chandler there now to offset some of it.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #55
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
The lack of optimization is really disappointing, especially considering the preorder release was well-known in advance.

How long did it take for them to patch it last year?
Not too long as Leftos handled the whole patching procedure but last year's game was in a way better state.
I disabled controller vibration and performance got better but things are still very bad. Wow, I hope Leftos takes care of this mess because the refunds requests are coming fast. Game already is at "Mostly Negative" rating on Steam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 09:58 AM   #56
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Not too long as Leftos handled the whole patching procedure but last year's game was in a way better state.
I disabled controller vibration and performance got better but things are still very bad. Wow, I hope Leftos takes care of this mess because the refunds requests are coming fast. Game already is at "Mostly Negative" rating on Steam.
Yeah, I saw that and was shocked, honestly. After the horror experience that was Arkham Knight, you'd think companies would have taken note of what not to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »