Home

NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #65
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread

Shucks, went to bed for a few hours hoping someone would figure out some settings that work good.

Ughhh, I guess that means I have a day of trial and error ahead of me. I just hope I can find something that works, even if it looks like crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 12:22 PM   #66
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'll say it again, although I don't know how many people it will help (most people will have already tried this).

I initially had inconsistent FPS in gameplay (bouncing from 50-60 FPS and just being choppy in general), but turning off VSYNC and zeroing out the anti-aliasing settings eliminated the frame drops according to Steam's built in FPS counter. With those settings off I was pulling over 120 FPS in gameplay (although it was choppy due to VSYNC being turned off).

I then did some trial and error bumping both settings back up until I could no longer maintain 60 FPS during actual, game-clock-running gameplay. I've settled on AA Level 2, AA Quality 4 and that's probably where I'll stay. I dip below 60 FPS during out-of-play scenes (not below 30), but that's okay with me because I don't have to control anything outside of menus during those times. Finally I re-enabled VSYNC and the gameplay remained at 60 - that's how I knew I was set.

The default AA settings that were selected when I started up the first time were....aggressive. They caused a lot of choppiness and slowdown in my first game (and perhaps contributed to the freeze at the end of it). I'd recommend starting from lower video settings than the game initially gives you and moving up from there.

If you can't get into the game at all, you can get into the game's configuration file and make the changes to lower settings before the game loads...but I wouldn't recommend that for a non-PC-savvy person.
Good stuff here, I'll give some of this a try after I get off of work.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #67
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
Shucks, went to bed for a few hours hoping someone would figure out some settings that work good.

Ughhh, I guess that means I have a day of trial and error ahead of me. I just hope I can find something that works, even if it looks like crap.
Just have in mind that the problem isn't rig related. I put all settings to low and I have even worse performance than everything on high.
I'll try later enabling AA (you never know). It could be everything. Only one bad coded graphical setting can cause extreme stuttering.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #68
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

I just wish the Windowed Full Screen option was working correctly to see if that helps like it did last year. Does it work for anyone here?

Edit: Nevermind, working now, lemme test.

Last edited by demencia_total; 09-25-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #69
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Sorry to double post, but now I suddenly got no stuttering while running in Windowed Full Screen mode. Funny how that works...
Old 09-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Was gonna say I tested Windowed Full and it worked fine for me (just a little microstutter in cutscenes I wasn't getting in normal Full), but that's good to hear it's working for you now.

One other thing I will say is that this game does not like Alt-Tabbing. Switching focus back and forth can take up to 10 seconds and it's pretty clear the system is under heavy load while that's going on. Another thing that could have contributed to that freeze.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #71
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Posting this here as well from the other thread: Leftos is looking into the stuttering issues over at NLSC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
You're right that 2K support will just be generic troubleshooting. You might get lucky and happen to connect with someone who knows something about the game, but honestly, your best bet is to pop over to NLSC and add to the thread about it there. Leftos tended to be quite responsive last year over there and we got fixes for similar issues in a timely manner (he might still check here too, but NLSC is the better bet).

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic...571e508e6f1cd4

EDIT: He's already investigating the stuttering at least:
Quote:
For those of you that are experiencing stuttering, can you please reply with your DxDiag.txt and VideoSettings.cfg file attached (preferrably zipped together)? Are you an Nvidia or AMD owner?

You can get a DxDiag.txt by running dxdiag (just press the Windows key or click on the start menu and type in dxdiag and run it) and then click on "Save All Information..."
You can get your VideoSettings.cfg by opening Explorer and going to %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K16.

Also, if you open your VideoSettings.cfg file in Notepad, do you see your main graphics card (AMD/NVidia) there or is it the onboard one (e.g. Intel)?

Another thing, does switching to Full Screen Windowed instead of Full Screen help?

I'll try to pass on as much information as I can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 01:10 PM   #72
Rookie

ClipsFanSince98's Arena

How do you throw an alley oop?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »