Home

NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2015, 04:02 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncinatti
I have the same gpu and i'm also having fps drops. But worse than that... I HAVE NO SOUND!!!!!!! Sound was fine then it just stopped. During the pregame show shaq kenny and ernie aren't moving their lips but they are making hand gestures. What the hell is going on????

I restarted my computer and the sound came back. All except the commentary. Stuttering still there. I'm turning this **** off and going to bed. Maybe tomorrow 2k will put some info out or a workaround.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 04:04 AM   #26
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Stuttering, a few crashes.

GeForce 650Ti

Been trying to crank some things down so it doesn't feel so slow.

Struggling with control changes.

Still in College, went to Texas.

Love the family reaction to Texas. Worth picking just to see that.

Wish I could try picking each of the colleges just to see the family reaction.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:10 AM   #27
Rookie

ClipsFanSince98's Arena

Still love gameplay/improved defense. Cannot stand the corny *** story. Also do NOT like the fact that these guys keep stripping away things like voice options, muscle definition etc. Is it really that hard? Put body types, definition and more than just wannabe thug black guy voices plz. I keep making a white guy that sounds corny. My twin sister is that dark? I mean Comon man. For every 3 features they add, they remove 3 others we liked.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:15 AM   #28
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

So what's the deal with the pre-order 30K VC? the other key I got with my 2K16 key is the same as the 2K15 VC key I got as soon as I put the pre-order in.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:21 AM   #29
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Commentary came back with a first-quarter buzzer beater. Yeah, I'm pretty sure something's bugged here...
The disappearing commentary was also an issue in 2K15.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:31 AM   #30
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Defensive rebounding slider got to be lowered on both sides. Only had 3 offensive rebounds and the CPU only had 2 in a 10 minute quarter game. I do love the fact you get to choose what hand you want to finish with. Lord help you though if you got a player who is only good with doing a layup up with one hand though.

Some huge positives:

1. Presentation. Pre-game, halftime show and post game show is just insanely awesome. It looks like you watching a real game on tv during the halftime and post game show.

2. Blocks are can be vicious or subtle. Even better, you get to choose which type of block you want to do.

3. Height and weight matter big time.

4. Dunks aren't automatic. They can be and will be blocked from behind or from the side.

5. AI is insanely good and the CPU players play just like their real life counterpart.

6. CPU is quick to pick up your scoring habit and will quickly start to shut it down. Ball hogging won't serve you well.

7. I like the new alley oop and passing controls.

8. Cut scenes with star players talking about their career in their team t-shirt is a nice touch.

9. The difference between a fast player, agile player, slow player and weak player is very noticeable.

Negative

1. Very few offensive rebounds. Yeah for sliders !!!

I'm really enjoying this game. No crashes or stuttering or audio problems for me with my 980 and I7 5820K on Windows 10.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:35 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Well I was going to post the stats from my first game, but it froze with 1:48 left in the game. Worse, it also managed to basically freeze my entire system (couldn't even get to Task Manager to close it), so I'm inclined to believe whoever said there might be a memory leak issue.

Few things about the gameplay from what I can remember without seeing the stats:

- Thought the game flow was really nice on the regular Simulation settings at 12 minutes, Superstar.

- FG% was around 50% for both teams.

- Lots of loose balls, either because of tipped passes, normal steals, or blocks. I didn't see the numbers before the freeze but turnovers were probably high.

- Transition game was a big factor, teams will definitely look to push the break this year.

- Fouls were okay, not great. Majority were still shooting, think I saw one blocking foul (at halfcourt, no less), and a few loose ball fouls. I didn't see the numbers but I'm pretty sure FT totals were low.

- CPU not only missed, but Air-Balled a free throw. Can safely say I've never seen that before.

Going to double-check some graphics settings and performance in 2k15 before I try another game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 04:38 AM   #32
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

This game feels completely different. And I like it. If feels like you really have to play well on D to not give up easy shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »