Home

PC Discussions Thread

This is a discussion on PC Discussions Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #121
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: PC Impression's Thread

you guys really need to try turning off EVERYTHING (vsync, aa, af, supersampling in the config, etc.) in the game settings and start messing with just your video card settings, otherwise you have game settings trying to override card settings, and vice versa. as stated above, i'm running everything on high,1920x1080, vsync off, 16xaf, and 8xaa, and getting 70-100 fps at all times (dips to 40's when the cheerleaders are out) i'm either not getting any stuttering, or i'm not sensitive to it. some of you guys are running better rigs than i am and getting poor results, i don't get it. is it just nvidia cards that are having the issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb
you guys really need to try turning off EVERYTHING (vsync, aa, af, supersampling in the config, etc.) in the game settings and start messing with just your video card settings, otherwise you have game settings trying to override card settings, and vice versa. as stated above, i'm running everything on high,1920x1080, vsync off, 16xaf, and 8xaa, and getting 70-100 fps at all times (dips to 40's when the cheerleaders are out) i'm either not getting any stuttering, or i'm not sensitive to it. some of you guys are running better rigs than i am and getting poor results, i don't get it. is it just nvidia cards that are having the issues?
I have an nvidia gtx 780 and it's running absolutely beautifully. 60fps, 2560x1440 and maxed out settings with only rare slow downs that are very fleeting and last for a few seconds at most. I don't know why some people on nvidia are having issues.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #123
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb
Sounds like it's more the Nvidia cards. Also the cameras that have movement built in. What camera do you use?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #124
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Sounds like it's more the Nvidia cards. Also the cameras that have movement built in. What camera do you use?
been using the beluba cam. i didn't even think about the camera being a potential cause. i'll mess around with camera settings after work and see what i get.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #125
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb
been using the beluba cam. i didn't even think about the camera being a potential cause. i'll mess around with camera settings after work and see what i get.
See, that's where a lot of the conversations gets crossed. I have always, and only, play 2k or Drive. So, for those to be a stuttering mess is a huge deal. I had no stutterng on Brodcast or Beluba Cam. I can max the game out. But I have no interest in playing the game sideways. I even play FIFA in Pro Cam. And I have a super card. I can't see any reason that I shouldn't be able to play the game the way I want it. Especially when it is becoming more and more apparent that it's just a coding issue.

P.S. It seems that Fifa had an issue with microstutter but with Amd having the bigger issue. So I feel for them, too. But, I guess that it comes down to for me is a sense of frustration with how both of these games are console built and less than fully ported over for us. Pc games come with certain challenges, not the least of is support for multiple configurations. Guys who build games like Battlefield, Tomb Raider, etc. get that. I don't feel "lucky" to get a game made for pc. I spend money. And now its full priced money. Sorry, for venting. I'm not really mad, just kind of tired of being a second class citizen with first class hardware.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 10-09-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
For whatever reason via hardware it was doing nothing to the game that's why I have it on. Ill try again but is been cool
Yeah, hardware AA isn't a 100% successful thing. Sometimes it may not work. Since I have a Nvidia card, I'm waiting until AA bits are released so I can use Nvidia Inspector and see if that works. In the meantime, if you really want AA, I'd suggest SweetFx with SMAA. It's only going to be a matter of time until a preset is released for the game.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #127
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillVillain
Yeah, hardware AA isn't a 100% successful thing. Sometimes it may not work. Since I have a Nvidia card, I'm waiting until AA bits are released so I can use Nvidia Inspector and see if that works. In the meantime, if you really want AA, I'd suggest SweetFx with SMAA. It's only going to be a matter of time until a preset is released for the game.
I'd love to but any suggestions on the meantime if I turn off in game AA?

That's when the MS Paint hair shows its head lol

Last edited by 23; 10-09-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Is love to but any suggestions on the meantime if I turn off in game AA?

That's when the MS Paint hair shows its head lol
I assume you already tried to set the in-game AA to the lowest possible setting? Try reducing the AA sample in CCC from 12EQ to 8. You won't really notice a difference between the two anyways. From a lot of the replies it really sounds like this game is horribly optimized. I'm not sure what the MS Paint hair thing is tho. Is there a pic anywhere in the thread?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »