Home

NBA 2k15 Modding Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 Modding Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-17-2014, 11:03 AM   #97
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2k15 Modding Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
So are courts and dornas editable? All I want is my MSG....
someone could make the first mod right now but these tools aren't exactly intuitive.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #98
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
someone could make the first mod right now but these tools aren't exactly intuitive.
Just as long it's possible....I'm patient
Old 11-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
As a further thought, it is full irony that, not only has Fifa implemented a "next gen" engine on the PC title, but it is every bit as modding friendly as last years title. There's a little back and forth going on over in the 2k15 modding thread at NLSC over whether we should have expected Leftos to continue to help the modding community post his joining VC, and how naive the guys who thought that he would are. What I didn't expect was that the guys would become a help to killing modding. Even Vlad is over there saying that the only reason he makes the tool is for money. That he outgrew gaming a while ago.

Funny thing is, I don't have a problem paying. I've paid over at MVP mods. I've paid for SMoKE patch for PES. But I like to pay the "little guy." Not the company. We settled up at $60. I don't pay for shoes, or clothing. I mod in faces that are better than they can provide. Dornas and stadiums that are above and beyond what the game does or can offer. I have hated "Knobby Tires" and those dead ads since Madden forever. It just saddens me that one more game is headed away from Minecraft and headed towards Farmville. I would almost rather they stop the microtransaction charade and go ahead and charge more. Especially as it is getting into content that was considered as content that was traditionally an expected part of the game. Maybe they'll offer Vlad's tool as DLC? (yes, that was sarcastic...)

I know it's still a tad premature to go full into "the sky is falling" mode, but it's not looking good. We paid full price, with the trade off of not having face scan for modding. Yep, that's what we thought. Silly us. The game has had more than it's share of hiccups. But we held out hope of modding, and bit the bullet. The servers are still craptastic, and I don't play online anyway. I wanted this game to have an awesome single player experience, meaning faces, stadia and dornas. Like the PC version was famous for. I will give a "donation" to Greg if he can push on through and deliver. But I'm going to make this my last 2k title if this is how they are going to continue to play it. I have dealt with their shortcoming over the years with crappy discs, bad customer support and lack of patching with a bit of a kind eye. The Xbox games had so many franchise crashes that I didn't get mad about because "hey, they're the little guy" and "it's only $20." "They're like us, fighting the "evil empire." If they want to play at being a Fifa/Madden level game and company, be that company. Put the big money you get into servers that hold up, and customer service of the level that EA/Origin has.

Sorry for my little rant. I just hate every time we have another "little guy" make a move away from what I always thought games were for in the first place, art..... and fun....

Excellent point BrianFifafan, I couldn't have said it better. I agree!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #100
MVP

jayman504's Arena

Well it's starting to happen people...waiting til "black friday" deal to pick up PC NBA 2K15..most stores selling for $39.99
Old 11-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #101
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Dammit...I got excited when I saw the thread got a bump....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #102
MVP

jayman504's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Dammit...I got excited when I saw the thread got a bump....
Forgot to add the link. Dude is previewing D.Wade created cyberface
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic...dding#p1767080
Old 11-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #103
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Thats his alpa though.. no reporting for now since some guys are still trying to access Vlad's tool.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #104
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
Well it's starting to happen people...waiting til "black friday" deal to pick up PC NBA 2K15..most stores selling for $39.99
I would've waited too if I knew it'd be almost December before any mods

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »