Home

NBA 2K15 system requirements

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 system requirements within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #65
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K15 system requirements

Some early tweaks I've tried that improve the overall smoothness.
- Triple Buffering ON in RadeonPro (or whatever you're using)
- Open the videoconfig.cfg file that is located in your documents app data
roaming folder. There are some extra options there as Anisotropic (default at 16) and Supersampling (default is 1 that means ON). Set supersampling to 0. Also if you want to turn off completely AA you can set it to 0. After you're done save and set the file to read-only.

I'll keep you all updated with any future findings.
Unfortunately my q6600, 7gb ram and radeon 6850 can't handle high settings at 1080p. I have everything on medium except the shader detail which is on high. Special effects have a big impact on fps but I suggest leaving it on because without it there are no reflections, lighting and self shadowing.
I get around 50fps to 55fps with these settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #66
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
roaming folder. There are some extra options there as Anisotropic (default at 16) and Supersampling (default is 1 that means ON). Set supersampling to 0. Also if you want to turn off completely AA you can set it to 0. After you're done save and set the file to read-only.

Unfortunately my q6600, 7gb ram and radeon 6850 can't handle high settings at 1080p. I have everything on medium except the shader detail which is on high. Special effects have a big impact on fps but I suggest leaving it on because without it there are no reflections, lighting and self shadowing.
Thank you so much for this. 10+ fps boost I got makes it that much better. Looking forward to more of these! Let us know if you have anymore RadeonPro tricks, too.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow

This worked for me until it went to halftime (in MyCareer) and then it went back to being awful and dropping all the time. Not sure what's going on, the game just feels poorly optimized to me. Hopefully someone can find a fix to make it run smoother.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:02 PM   #68
Rookie

Running everything max on a HD 7900 around 40 FPS. 8GB RAM, AMD 8320 ~3.5Ghz, 1920x1200.

Like another poster mentioned everything is acceptable until it stutters and I get some really gnarly audio crackling. Can already tell that it is going to drive me nuts.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrook
Running everything max on a HD 7900 around 40 FPS. 8GB RAM, AMD 8320 ~3.5Ghz, 1920x1200.

Like another poster mentioned everything is acceptable until it stutters and I get some really gnarly audio crackling. Can already tell that it is going to drive me nuts.
Good to know I'm not the only one having these issues, I can get the game to run smooth on my 6750, but after a while video gets choppy and audio cracks. They really need to fix something, it even happens on all low settings.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:07 PM   #70
Rookie

Nunbetter's Arena

OVR: 1

I got a R9 270X Radeon graphics card and I get stuttering on all setttings as well; Game looks amazing but the stuttering is annoying as hell; Any ideas??
Old 10-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote from 94_tiiii_infinity

If your running an nvidia card you need to go to your nvidia control panel, find your 2k .exe and under "select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" choose High-performance nvidia processor... this should fix your graphics problems, I had them too.

source

http://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/commen...h_immediately/

hope it works for you guys. just trying to help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 05:47 AM   #72
Rookie

I fixed the stuttering issues on my cheap 1GB 6750 by updating my drivers to the most recent version, which was posted a little over a week ago. No longer having issues, I'm satisfied. Also got some MyPark games in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »