Home

2K13 PC impressions thread

This is a discussion on 2K13 PC impressions thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #17
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: 2K13 PC impressions thread

VSync is enabled by default in 2K13, so find and download D3DOverrider, have it start with windows, and on the Global profile set Application Detection to Medium, Force V-Sync to off, and Force Triple Buffering to on. Make sure to keep VSync on in 2K13 though.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet
what's to love. trying to find info, and only thing i've found so far, confirms that it is yet another watered down, afterbirth of the console version.

No ability to play with friends, missing game modes, and I'm sure a lot of the same ole trash from last year.

People need to stop buying this game. They are just disrespecting us on PC. Next year, they'll blame piracy. They can blame what they want. but, the reason no one buys this game on PC is because it is trash, and they are stealing our money for the pc version.

/flame
It's HALF the price of the console version. If you don't think this version is worth $30, you're nuts.

But yeah...lets all stop buying it so next year they don't release it on PC at all. Great idea.

Idiot.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 12

Just ran into the "no scoreboard in 4th quarter" glitch. This was the first time I played a full game, does this happen everytime? Also, is this the sort of thing that the modders can fix, or are we stuck waiting for 2k?

Switched back to broadcast cam also...just like it better.

Offensive rebounds last game (which is a huge deal for me) Cpu had 15 with Dallas, I had 12 with San Antonio...(I won by 3)...looks good to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #20
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Unfortunately the scoreboard issue sounds like a bug in the code which can only be fixed by 2K.

So, until March, we're screwed, pretty much.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #21
MVP

rheller's Arena

Only got to play one game, but I like what I see so far. I played against the Thunder and they seemed to push it up the court at every opportunity. Westbrook scored 28 and they killed me on the boards. Still won the game by 3. Rebounding is tougher than previous years, but I like it. Game plays very smooth for me. Everything maxxed out... Only stuttering I see is if I pause the game and unpause. The first few seconds are choppy, but nothing unplayable. It corrects itself after a few seconds.

One downer about the game, and it probably won't matter to most...My favorite team is the 86-87 Lakers. Kareem is no where to be found in 2k13. Can't wait for a roster mod to add him back in!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #22
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Impressions:

- Player 'abilities' taken away. Post hook and post fade away back into 'attributes'.
- New tendencies i noticed: 'Crash' - player tendencies to fall to the ground when shooting in heavy traffic. Apart from that it looks the same.
- Why the hell is Kanye West's "Amazing" in the game soundtrack? Wasn't it already in 2k11 or 2k10 or something? Auto-tune. Ugh.
- Looks like there's some new animation categories in the post. Why not.
- Coldplay's in the soundtrack? Weird choice lol. I feel like i'm listening to some typical mainstream radio station at the moment.
- The new dunk packages is a great new addition, as is the fact that you can choose the pre-game animations. It's small but i love stuff like that.
- Jay-Z's beats not impressing me so far. Where da funk at?
- And 'Amazing' is playing again after playing playing about 2 or 3 songs ago. Good lord.
- PET PEEVE ALERT: When you scoll through the teams to play an exhibition game, it shows you the sponsors (addidas & NBA) before it shows you the team's ranking in OVR, OFF and DEF. EEEeeeeeerrrrrggggghhhh!! It's only small but it's annoying.
- Not feeling the intro videos. They bouncey flaming basketballs aren't impressing me.
- Players look better in the menus than they do in the game. Overall the in-game graphics look the same as 2k12 to me.
- Instantly feels like 2k12, except slower. Not a bad thing. Physics seem a bit more realistic.
- I'm LOVING the defense! Contesting shots feels better, and blocking is really good. Bogut just blocked the **** out of me in emphatic fashion. YES!
- Driving the basket feels and looks great. Both when i'm doing it, and when the CPU is doing it. YES!
- "Shot feedback" is really detailed. Don't know if that's necessary but hey why not.
- I'm gonna have to watch some of Da_Czar's videos this year to understand what the hell i should be doing haha.
- Pass responsiveness is too slow for me. I want them to pass the ball as soon as i hit the button. It's more fun to create plays and react quickly in the moment. Currently when you push pass the sort of wind up and THEN pass. Same as last year. Oh well.
- I'm getting absolutely smashed in my first game lol. I missed almost every shot in the 2nd quarter and my own crowd started booing. Pretty cool.
- You've really gotta box out.
- The dunk intensity meter is kinda stupid.
- In-game replays seem to cut out early. :?
- Charges are back! WOO!

Overall, the game is good. In fact it's great. No doubt 2k have plateaued though. Shelf-life will not be long for 2k13, unless MyTeam is really fun. OH WAIT, they didn't include that. Oh well, i guess i'll just focus on collecting Virtual Curren--OH WAIT they didn't include that either. Ah well, i'll just have some fun in the dunk cont-OH **** IT

I'll post further impressions as they come. I haven't played any game modes yet.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownballa
Same video card, when i play full screen it shutters every once and a while. When i play in windowed mode it does not... it did the same last year.. do you have same issue?
Do not shutters, could it be your CPU causing a bottleneck?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace21kg
Might be a silly question but can you play this game with mouse and keyboard or do I need to get a 360 controller?
it's really easy .... if you are an octopus ! if you don't have a 360/PS3 controller , just buy a one, it's not that expensive and you can use it with all games ( but fps keyboard + mouse ftw ) without having to change settings, i bought a 360 controller for nba 2k11 and i just love it

Last edited by sharks80; 10-03-2012 at 02:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »