Home

2K13 PC impressions thread

This is a discussion on 2K13 PC impressions thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: 2K13 PC impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroh
...........Graphics certainly could have used some work but I doubt we will see much of a jump until the next generation of consoles, even then I think the demo I played on my 360 almost looked better than the PC version.

I can't believe your 360 demo looked as good as the pc version...what GPU do you have? What settings are you using? It is night and day for me...yes, that big of a difference.

I have only played about 30mins of in game, but I am digging it so far. The things that have impressed me so far are:

1. Rebounding. Offensive rebounds are great this year. Was really a problem last year.

2. Graphics

3. Fast breaks...I feel like I can get a defensive rebound and really push the ball this year. My guard (or whoever gets the outlet passs) turns and goes instead of pausing for a second. It is seemless.

A few cons:

1. On one play I did a pump fake with Garnett and faked out the cpu, and then Garnett got stuck in a sliding animation for a few feet. I hope this doesn't happen very often.

2. Takes a while to get the ball from the ref...has been an issue with 2k for years.

3. I saw someone with a warm-up still on the court and suddenly changed to a uniform..a glitch of sorts.

More impressions later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm able to draw charges... Legit charges

I just noticed that defensive assist was at 50... Lowering it now to see if that helps with a few minor complaints (lack of control).
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Might be a silly question but can you play this game with mouse and keyboard or do I need to get a 360 controller?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace21kg
Might be a silly question but can you play this game with mouse and keyboard or do I need to get a 360 controller?
you can but it would be ridiculously hard.

So far I prefer the pc version to the 360, much crisper graphics.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

I have 360 full version. I was able to purchase it on Sat at a mom and pop store.

It feels the same to be honest, just waiting for the mods to increase it. I am running the AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 2Gb. 16 Gigs of Ram yada yada full settings. I'm not complaining, just saying I'll wait it out a bit. I would like to play around with the Myteam and other online aspects.

I made some adjustments and turned of Vsnc and AA. I adjusted in the CC application and turned on triple buffering and AA. I'll see what that does for me. And I'm running at 1080P reso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I can't believe your 360 demo looked as good as the pc version...what GPU do you have? What settings are you using? It is night and day for me...yes, that big of a difference.

I have only played about 30mins of in game, but I am digging it so far. The things that have impressed me so far are:

1. Rebounding. Offensive rebounds are great this year. Was really a problem last year.

2. Graphics

3. Fast breaks...I feel like I can get a defensive rebound and really push the ball this year. My guard (or whoever gets the outlet passs) turns and goes instead of pausing for a second. It is seemless.

A few cons:

1. On one play I did a pump fake with Garnett and faked out the cpu, and then Garnett got stuck in a sliding animation for a few feet. I hope this doesn't happen very often.

2. Takes a while to get the ball from the ref...has been an issue with 2k for years.

3. I saw someone with a warm-up still on the court and suddenly changed to a uniform..a glitch of sorts.

More impressions later.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

The AA alone makes it better than either console version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownballa
I have 360 full version. I was able to purchase it on Sat at a mom and pop store.

It feels the same to be honest, just waiting for the mods to increase it. I am running the AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 2Gb. 16 Gigs of Ram yada yada full settings. I'm not complaining, just saying I'll wait it out a bit. I would like to play around with the Myteam and other online aspects.

I made some adjustments and turned of Vsnc and AA. I adjusted in the CC application and turned on triple buffering and AA. I'll see what that does for me. And I'm running at 1080P reso.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Game is Great - Here some feedback and My player Creation with JayZ intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGR5xaerTW4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLYFACTOR
Game is Great - Here some feedback and My player Creation with JayZ intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGR5xaerTW4
Same video card, when i play full screen it shutters every once and a while. When i play in windowed mode it does not... it did the same last year.. do you have same issue?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »