Home

Celtics Court 2k12 vs Real comparison

This is a discussion on Celtics Court 2k12 vs Real comparison within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #41
Rookie

Ken North's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Celtics Court 2k12 vs Real comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by RleWorm
quick question...why aren't they allowed to use TD Garden,Conseco,MSG? And they can use other real arenas
Because they don't want to pay for usage of the trademarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I find it funny that a person can make a thread about accessories and get bashed, but everyone doesn't have a problem with a thread about courts. I'm not saying idc because I do, 2k should be getting the little things right by now, but graphically the game is still realistic to me.
Courts and jerseys have direct impact on your game experience. Accessories does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
2k games are arguably the most detailed sports games on the market right now, then people come on and say....."I don't understand why they can't get this right." To me, posts like that seem just a bit disingenuous considering how much they do get right.
Patting 2K on the back isn't going to help the game / series become better. Constructive criticism will. They're not looking for BFFs, they're looking for customers.

Last edited by Ken North; 09-16-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

nitpicking

looks good to me
Old 09-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #43
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

dRoseBulls you make a incredible and valid point. Even the TD Garden isn't on the court. Paurket on the court is still wrong texture and colors.

I've been adding the new 2k12 images to my site and even looking at shoes, their palettes are way off. Look at Noah's shoes in his post up shot, they are pink instead of red and so forth. I don't understand who does the colors, but they've been off since 2k8 and have never been corrected in later version of this series.

Thank goodness I get the PC version each year, we can fix ourselves in hex.

Even the Signature is missing off the default court.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 09-16-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #44
Banned

THEone86's Arena

It makes the Game look So good that we have to pick on things like this instead of gameplay.

Plus they can't put TD Garden , You guys should know that.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #45
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEone86
It makes the Game look So good that we have to pick on things like this instead of gameplay.

Plus they can't put TD Garden , You guys should know that.

First off it's not nitpicking it's wanting visual authenticity, which is a preference.

Secondly this thread is a comparison thread on visuals, not gameplay.

Gameplay from 2k has been great, why would we continue that topic, when he is obviously making a point on how he was able to do it, and they haven't done it, it's been an issue since the beginning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
First off it's not nitpicking it's wanting visual authenticity, which is a preference.

Secondly this thread is a comparison thread on visuals, not gameplay.

Gameplay from 2k has been great, why would we continue that topic, when he is obviously making a point on how he was able to do it, and they haven't done it, it's been an issues since the beginning.
What he said
Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #47
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken North
Courts and jerseys have direct impact on your game experience. Accessories does not.
Thats an opinion first of all, Accessories are a part of Basketball culture, and It would help 2k authenticy, players don't want to be reminded that we are playing a video game, and by 2k not upgrading that area of the game defeats that purpose. So your theory of courts and jerseys have a direct impact on the game experience is contradicting, because they don't effect the gameplay. And they are the same thing as accessories, cosmetic. There is a reason why their are a ton of accessory mods. But like I said I could careless if the gameplay is crappy.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #48
Rookie

Ken North's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
So your theory of courts and jerseys have a direct impact on the game experience is contradicting, because they don't effect the gameplay.
That'd be why I wrote game experience, not gameplay. While everything being discussed is cosmetic, jerseys and courts pretty much measure out to 90% of what is happening on your screen. Sneakers, however, are going to be a 50 x 50 pixel segment in the bottom of your visual field.

I'm not saying they should completely ignore it, but the impact on the game is vastly different. Even the biggest Project Runway fans have to admit that much

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »