Home

Celtics Court 2k12 vs Real comparison

This is a discussion on Celtics Court 2k12 vs Real comparison within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Celtics Court 2k12 vs Real comparison

because apparently only you care.

I'm not insulting you, 99% of the users just don't care and frankly I and most users are thankful that they focus so much effort on gameplay every year rather than trivial stuff like the court is one shade off..
Old 09-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkiwinki

I'm not insulting you, 99% of the users just don't care and frankly I and most users are thankful that they focus so much effort on gameplay every year rather than trivial stuff like the court is one shade off..
Most people here focus on headbands and socks.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

No offense, but your mod looks off too. Its too bright and doesn't really have the "flat" green of the Boston home court.

But then again, that's why I don't obsess about things like this because I know if I tried hard enough, I'd find a flaw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

I respect such a complaint coming from the original poster. I'm not trained enough in the realm of tint, shade, and otherwise, so I can't diagnose what's happening in the 2K12 screenshot. But I will say from that photo, it's clear the parquet floor looks almost washed out and dark. I'd much prefer a court that appears to look the way his PC modification does.

I feel users who believe little things are big deals are partly the reason things in video games reach the level they do. I think the game producers also try to make big deals out of the little things. However, there's clearly a difference between making a request or constructive criticism (which this thread sounds like) versus constantly spamming threads with one's displeasure.

We can probably all live with a lot of small things missing, but it's especially nice every time more small things are added. I remember particularly scoffing at a poster's notion a few years ago when he insisted NBA 2K could be so much better if they accounted for the handedness of each player when they drove to the bucket. They claimed players shouldn't be able to perform dunks with their left hand just as well as their right in most cases (with exceptions for Carlos Boozer and some others). I thought it was a little trivial. Low and behold, when handedness was added (in 2K10 I believe) it changed the entire game. All of the sudden, numerous animations had to be added (dunks and otherwise) that showcased moves by players where they'd try to get back to their strong hand. It totally bolstered the realism factor of animations around the basket.

Point being, things may be small, but they all add up to make an awesome playing experience. I'm sure 2K12 will be missing all sorts of small things (let's say: draft hats) and for 99% of us, it won't negatively affect our experience. However, we'll recognize and appreciate the inclusion of such a small detail in the future.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-16-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #13
Rookie

The Trooper 458's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrarian
I honestly hadn't noticed....looks reasonably close to my untrained eye (minus the obvious copyright issue w/TD).
I'm not trained either and even I can see the green parts and the light brown parts are much darker in the 2K12 picture than they are in the real arena picture.
NCAA F: Ohio State Buckeyes
NCAA B: San Diego State Aztecs
Old 09-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
some of my court patches have more than 10,000 downloads. there are many very good court patchers on NLSC. i guess i'm not the only one who cares..

@elprez98: i know, mine is not perfect, too. but i'm not a developer working for 2k who gets paid for this, i do this in my spare time.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

yeah...not a big deal, but it seems like 2k is always slightly off with their colors...maybe something to do with the engine they use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #16
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Not a big a deal, but the squares need to stand out a little more so you can immediately see it's a parquet floor.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »