Home

#SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project (Year 2)

This is a discussion on #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project (Year 2) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2019, 01:34 PM   #41
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project (Year 2)

Two good examples how defenses need to deal with Idle/Static players. Both are strips...I wasn't a HUGE fan of how Embiid got back into the play and cut Lopez off but he is slow:

In the end offensive players have to "make a move" or be vulnerable to plays like this. No defense in the world sits there and waits for you to do something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 05:28 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the 2K21 should focus on defense primarily. I don't know if these things are possible but I would love to see them:
-when you successfully stop the offensive player from driving, there should be either more animations or more realistic consequences.
example-when you are in good defensive position and the offensive player drives directly at you, they should lose the ball off a foot/knee or you should draw a charge
-also, if a player tries to hop step through multiple defenders, the ball should be poked loose or there be some consequence for the offensive player. Same with euro steps. Travel, turnover, charge, something. Seems waay to easy to glide right through perfectly placed defenders. It happens in real life occasionally with very skilled players but nowhere near as often as 2K thinks
-I just want to feel like my player is more of an obstacle and not non-existent when the computer feels like shooting.

On offense, just bring back the ability to isolate a mismatch like a quick post up for bigs when they have a smaller defender on them. (If you have a tip on how to do this now, please let me know.)
Old 10-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Two good examples how defenses need to deal with Idle/Static players. Both are strips...I wasn't a HUGE fan of how Embiid got back into the play and cut Lopez off but he is slow:

In the end offensive players have to "make a move" or be vulnerable to plays like this. No defense in the world sits there and waits for you to do something.
This is also a situation where a tight hands up contain should be effective;basically getting into the guys jersey so tight that he can neither shoot nor attempt to dribble without being at a severe disadvantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgardner
I think the 2K21 should focus on defense primarily. I don't know if these things are possible but I would love to see them:
-when you successfully stop the offensive player from driving, there should be either more animations or more realistic consequences.
example-when you are in good defensive position and the offensive player drives directly at you, they should lose the ball off a foot/knee or you should draw a charge
-also, if a player tries to hop step through multiple defenders, the ball should be poked loose or there be some consequence for the offensive player. Same with euro steps. Travel, turnover, charge, something. Seems waay to easy to glide right through perfectly placed defenders. It happens in real life occasionally with very skilled players but nowhere near as often as 2K thinks
-I just want to feel like my player is more of an obstacle and not non-existent when the computer feels like shooting.

On offense, just bring back the ability to isolate a mismatch like a quick post up for bigs when they have a smaller defender on them. (If you have a tip on how to do this now, please let me know.)
Yep, currently you have to drop the Ball Security slider down pretty far before you start to see these outcomes.Even then you still almost never see a Kicked Ball Violation.

I have yet to find any sort of solution to the complete lack of charging fouls short of rebuilding the entire roster from scratch then playing with maxed foul sliders.

Last edited by MrWrestling3; 10-03-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:22 AM   #44
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

#SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project (Year 2)

Let's see more Rim-Running and Cutting to open areas (especially shooters) by our AI teammates when the opponent leaves them on D. Its painful to watch the plodding O'Quinn lumber through molasses (big men running was nerfed too much) towards the rim even though Kanter completely leaves him uncovered:

This back-cut by Richardson is much better....its something we need to see as a rule when the defender has exposed himself (leaving his feet here) even tho I didnt pass the ball.

Last edited by Kushmir; 10-07-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #45
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Can we pretty please (with sprinkles on top) get a graphics with a number of fouls before we reach the penalty?

Somewhere there with our timeouts would be just fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2019, 07:52 PM   #46
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Can we pretty please (with sprinkles on top) get a graphics with a number of fouls before we reach the penalty?

Somewhere there with our timeouts would be just fine.
oh yes, ive been asking for that for years. In germany (or General in the fiba World) There have to be markers with the amount of Team Fouls for each Team. as soon as the Team is over the penalty with their next Foul, it is marked in any way (for example by plscing Red flags or any other Signals), so that everyone knows by Instant.

especially in the nba where you have the "2nd Foul in last 2 Minutes" rule, it would be really helpful to have any visualization at the scoreboard in the same way. like we See the timeouts.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:12 AM   #47
MVP

jk31's Arena

another Thing i'd like to See added:
matchup priorities. let me Set multiple who should defend which opponent. if. Player a and Player b are on the court, Player a takes on the duty. if He is on the bench, Player b takes over.
Right now, i have to Change the Matchups everytime i do substitutions. and as they for Whatever reason Took out that matchup changes take effect imediately, i have to wait until the next timeout....
Old 10-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #48
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Whatever makes the Gap AI this vulnerable to drives needs to be reversed. These are good defenders playing off and they're still clueless staying in front of the ball-handler? YIKES.

I almost suggested "Send Driver to Help" as a feature but those are basic NBA principles--they should be happening anyway

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »