Home

#SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project (Year 2)

This is a discussion on #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project (Year 2) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2019, 05:31 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project (Year 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I'll post a video a little later to prove it to you
you can post A video of them pulling someone. Great. The problem is far too often they don't. And haven't for years.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:10 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
you can post A video of them pulling someone. Great. The problem is far too often they don't. And haven't for years.
The AI coaching in general really needs work.It does an alright job of managing rotations but other than that it doesn't seem to adjust to the flow of the game realistically(from a coaching standpoint), plus its playcalling logic often leaves something to be desired.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:25 PM   #19
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Pick and Roll defense is still in bad place. Here's an instance where NOT ONCE did my AI defenders do what I SPECIFIED in the Coaching Menu. We absolutely need a No Switching option on defense next year.

Instance 1: I just changed my defense to go over top on shooters as you can see in the video, so what does Simmons do? Go Under on DLo:

Instance 2: Simmons is going over top, there's no reason to ever step back. His only steps should be toward the shooter:

Instance 3: We're in Catch Hedge which means Embiid should stay in No Man's Land if the ball-handler drives but he should always stay between the roller and the basket. I have the ball this time and go over top.....Embiid...switches? CAN'T HAPPEN:

Instance 4: Same situation, the ball-defender GOES UNDER? Embiid switches again? It doesn't matter that he gets a block--that's not the play-call:

Random and Nonsensical switches are essentially the genesis of 90% of the things that go wrong on defense in NBA 2K. AGAIN: NO SWITCHING OPTION ON DEFENSE, please and thank you.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
OK guys,

We're rebooting this for 2K20. Here's what 24th wrote last year:

"This is the first year of a project where we will get our ideas and wishlists to the development team. Rather than have them spread throughout the internet, the goal is for this to become the guiding document for what we want from NBA2K.

This thread is for documenting any ideas you have. Please include detailed descriptions, videos, images etc. They can be in gameplay, art direction, any of the modes, menus etc.

Readers and lurkers, please like the ideas you think would work best."

A few community members will get together and sort out the best ideas and get them onto a document which will be passed on to the dev team.

We want this to become the main channel between the sim community, and the devs. Your enthusiasm and constructive feedback will drive it.
Boooo!!!!

Y'all disappeared last year when it was time to show

I sent a trash summary on word format because y'all dudes disappeared

The only one that was around was Dirk.

YOU can't just jump back in the boat like nothing happened because we were asked specifically by a dev last year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2019, 06:45 PM   #21
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Boooo!!!! Y'all disappeared last year when it was time to show
Had no clue...I added to the thread all year in 2K19--go check the previous one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2019, 08:37 PM   #22
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Had no clue...I added to the thread all year in 2K19--go check the previous one.
I'm talking about when it was time to gather for the submission.

Suppose I can get a few suggestions in to the devs this year though.... yeah, just suppose.

What do yall feel is missing this year?

I think they did a great job but with the way the league changes there is always something more to add.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:50 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Pick and Roll defense is still in bad place. Here's an instance where NOT ONCE did my AI defenders do what I SPECIFIED in the Coaching Menu. We absolutely need a No Switching option on defense next year.

Instance 1: I just changed my defense to go over top on shooters as you can see in the video, so what does Simmons do? Go Under on DLo:

Instance 2: Simmons is going over top, there's no reason to ever step back. His only steps should be toward the shooter:

Instance 3: We're in Catch Hedge which means Embiid should stay in No Man's Land if the ball-handler drives but he should always stay between the roller and the basket. I have the ball this time and go over top.....Embiid...switches? CAN'T HAPPEN:

Instance 4: Same situation, the ball-defender GOES UNDER? Embiid switches again? It doesn't matter that he gets a block--that's not the play-call:

Random and Nonsensical switches are essentially the genesis of 90% of the things that go wrong on defense in NBA 2K. AGAIN: NO SWITCHING OPTION ON DEFENSE, please and thank you.
I must agree, it seems defenses are automatically defaulted to switch on everything, which leads to all sorts of problems.It's at least part of the reason why screens are so easily abused.

Another part of the problem,at least as far as the AI goes, is that there is not enough variation of skill defensively. It often feels like every player is either All Defensive First Team and never makes a mistake, or is a complete turnstile that falls for practically everything every single time.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:54 PM   #24
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I'm talking about when it was time to gather for the submission.

Suppose I can get a few suggestions in to the devs this year though.... yeah, just suppose.

What do yall feel is missing this year?

I think they did a great job but with the way the league changes there is always something more to add.
So I hope we can give some feedback here and not just complain about what is and what's not.

Real talk, this is why simnation be getting owned at feedback time. It's been that way for years too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »