Home

#SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

This is a discussion on #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-23-2018, 01:32 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

My ideas for art direction.

Spoiler

Last edited by CaVsFaN2273; 11-08-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 02:11 AM   #42
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
Basketball, real life basketball, is a non-contact sport and contact draws fouls. But, in NBA 2k, it’s like you’re a running back doing a tackling drill!
There is absolutely no situation where tiny little Steph Curry should be able to pin my 6’11” 250 pound PF in the paint and not allow me to move. There’s really no reason that anyone, regardless of size, should be able to keep me from moving in all directions simultaneously to lock me in the paint.
There’s also no logical explanation why Curry is able to box me out or stop me from walking my way into whatever position that I want to get in. In real life Curry wouldn’t even try to stop Anthony Davis when he’s running to the lane. He might fake like he’s going to try and then get out of the way to avoid getting ran over, but he’d never completely stop his momentum!
But again, in NBA 2k, Curry has no problems doing both. Not to mention that him just standing under the rim is enough to make my post scoring pf miss a standing layup.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
stopped reading at "non contact Sport". have you ever Played Basketball yourself?
Old 10-23-2018, 08:33 AM   #43
Rookie

It’d be cool if we could have the ability to edit a coach’s help defense slider in the roster edit menu

Old 10-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #44
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze416
It’d be cool if we could have the ability to edit a coach’s help defense slider in the roster edit menu
This and editing default Coach Defensive Settings would go a long way towards fixing offline gameplay.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #45
Pro

#SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
stopped reading at "non contact Sport". have you ever Played Basketball yourself?

I absolutely have played basketball and quite a bit of it.
Have you?
If you know anything about basketball you would know that it’s a non-contact sport. Meaning, you are not allowed to make contact with the opposing team or a foul will be called.
In recent years they have changed the label from non-contact to limited contact, meaning some contact, such as bodying up someone in the post or crowding a ball handler, is allowed, but contact still draws fouls. Limited contact is allowed but excessive contact is a foul.
So stop reading all you like, but just because you choose to not read doesn’t change the facts or the rules.

Last edited by awg811; 10-23-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 07:10 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Have you?
If you know anything about basketball you would know that it’s a non-contact sport. Meaning, you are not allowed to make contact with the opposing team or a foul will be called.
In recent years they have changed the label from non-contact to limited contact, meaning some contact, such as bodying up someone in the post or crowding a ball handler, is allowed, but contact still draws fouls. Limited contact is allowed but excessive contact is a foul.
So stop reading all you like, but just because you choose to not read doesn’t change the facts or the rules.

This sort of seemed contradictory as you said “non-contact” and then said “limited contact.” 🤷🏻*♂️ Kind of confused there.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:16 PM   #47
MVP

The number one thing I want fixed is the AI’s ability/inability to defend the Pick and Roll. The middle PnR is defended too well as the CPU can give a hard hedge with no help on the roll man, and the Hedge man is able to defend both players as 2K can’t seem to program an overhead pass properly and the pass goes straight into the defense, despite the roll man being essentially wide open.

On a PnR towards the baseline, the CPU just falls asleep and does nothing. Allowing a good shooter to pull up for an easy jump shot.

That’s really all that has been an annoyance so far for me. CPU defense is way OP but can sort of be minimized with slider settings.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:12 AM   #48
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Have you?

Well, actually i do Play Basketball for nearly 14 years. and usually we Leave our League games with Lots of bruises, in some cases even with small injuries because of All the contact. even In the official rulebook of the german Basketball Association on the first Page it states, that Basketball is Not a contact-less Sport any more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »