Home

#SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

This is a discussion on #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
#SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

Hi Sim Nation

This is the first year of a project where we will get our ideas and wishlists to the development team. Rather than have them spread throughout the internet, the goal is for this to become the guiding document for what we want from NBA2K.

This thread is for documenting any ideas you have. Please include detailed descriptions, videos, images etc. They can be in gameplay, art direction, any of the modes, menus etc.

Readers and lurkers, please like the ideas you think would work best.

A few community members will get together and sort out the best ideas and get them onto a document which will be passed on to the dev team.

We want this to become the main channel between the sim community, and the devs. Your enthusiasm and constructive feedback will drive it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 12:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

I'll get started.

I play every mode with varying levels of success.

Play Now Online

We need dynamic team selection. Basically the matchmaking in 2K11.
Whenever we click the Play button on Play Now Online have the Play Now Online matchmaking system match us up with Users FIRST, then let us decide what Team, Jerseys, Gameplan and Lineups, we want in the timer limit. As opposed to the pick a team in a specific tier and then get matched up to a user based on our search query.

I think we need more player licenses for the existing teams more than getting new teams into the game. We need them most for the more recent teams and the GOAT teams.

Explore an online feature of being able to turn 3pters off when doing an online match to invigorate usage of past teams in the game(since the meta for coaches up to around the 1990s was going to basket).

MyTeam

I think users should be able to customize their team logo, jersey and court quicker/access the auction house rather than getting MyTeam Currency and early meta cards when completing rewards.

Park
Rep Rewards(Amateur, Pro, Elite), should be equal to or more rewarding than the Road to 99/Grinding rewards.

Park affiliations from 2K15-2K16

1 Dedicated Park court without the 3pt line for 3 v. 3 and 2 v. 2

Pro-Am

Combining TeamUp aspects with ProAm(or create a Quick ProAm mode or a NBA 2K Combine mode)
ProAm is the end goal for most adults I would say. People like being able to get progression when playing the mode but hate having to grind to 85/90 to play the mode. Allow Team ProAm/JRC to be a hop in feature like TeamUp is. You have the ratings(maybe not the badges) and the player looks like you and you can understand the meta without having to grind or pay money. Make it like a 2K League TeamUp mode.

JRC
Let the highest priority user and any user with Floor General set the Freelance Option of the CPU when people inevitably drop(space the floor, motion cuts, scoring actions)

Let the highest priority user and any user with Defensive Anchor set the defensive matchups on the court.

Let more small forwards take the power forward position in matchmaking even if there height requirements don't fit. Allow 6"8" SGs to play the PF position in JRC matchmaking. Bring back shootaround while matchmaking.

Give users the option for the auto win with the accompanying progression to that point in the game when the games turns into playing against 5 AI players for both JRC and ProAm A time limit on this vote as well.

JRC Events
JRC events where you play the classic rules of the NBA with your MyPlayers(60's rules, 80's rules, 2000's rules)

Neighborhood
Let random users to be able to see your Rep(Amateur, Pro, Elite) and archetype but not your OVR or Ratings when using the phone. Full access to friends.

MyLeague

Allow users to be able to contract the league

Allow users to make more teams

Gameplay

Call offensive interference and goal-tending more(punish these unskilled Glass Cleaners, big C users for spamming the Y button without purpose in the paint)

More ball tangibility(I complained, the community complained, it went from too much to to slightly below average, basically a 7 to a 3.5 where 5 is the ideal)

Revert the shooting back to NBA 2K19 launch. With the somewhat balanced state of on-ball screens, increase the skill gap of maneuvering around picks with non-ball handling archetypes. That was what broke the game for contests at launch with great shooting archetypes being able to be great ball-handlers in general/****** gameplay.

Miscellaneous

Giving users the ability to choose the length of their shorts when wearing any jersey set

Give users the option of whether to celebrate on all-white shots that are going in(Set the default to No)

Allow more court creation customization settings
Images for the baseline(ex. Purple Lakers script/Toronto 3D Logo), stanchion, jumbotron logos more placement options for on court images. Allow us to manipulate like the Pelicans Smoothie King Center inside 3pt line where we can superimpose an image to a section of the court. Allow us to do things like put the 2001 76ers logo balls on specific areas on the court.

Also give players the ability to make a secondary court for ANY of the possible 30-36 Team(s) allowed in the game like there was last season for Toronto(Huskie), Milwaukee(MECCA) and Charlotte(Throwback).

Bring back the Press Reel(images in game from varying locations of the court in slideshow format)

Give users immediate access to the All-Star Weekend events.

Give Dunk Fans, Slashers MyPlayers, Player Creators a Dunk Creator Suite to create more authencity for Open Dunk Styles than the animations in the game(Just like there is for the Open Jumpshots). 2K can absolutely do it and market it as a popular feature on the back of the box.

Allow users to customize their animations/MyCourt globally in any location in the Neighborhood in MyCareer.

Increase the progression of Charge Card(without the predictability and strength of blowby animations nobody is taking charges or flopping or finds it meaningful)

Allow users see their own ViP(the descriptions you see for other players when engaging a Play Now Online game)

Two voice channels in JRC/Pro-AM(being able to talk to the other team and your team, and the ability to get muted).

For Offline, Aesthetic TV Filters for Classic Home Teams(give users the option to toggle On/Off) basically bringing back the aesthetic left in 2K12 where teams were able to play in black & white, sepia tone, depressed presentation.

Increasing the viability on ALL slower non high jumping jumpshots(this will remove finding the BEST jumpshot and allow people to make their own and implement variety, it will stop 7 foot Shooters from choosing unrealistic athletic jumpshot animations)

https://www.twitch.tv/orlandotill

Protesting PNO
MTU

PSN: OrlandoTill

Last edited by OrlandoTill; 11-19-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

I have just a few misc suggestions for now.

Make it so we can edit chest protrusion/thickness of a player in CAP (and please keep wingspan, body length and shoulder width in there). Torso thickness really changes a player's bodytype in terms of overall mass.

Also, please allow us to edit neck thickness.

Also, i'd love for the replay system to be revamped. Right now i feel like it follows the ball too strictly, which breaks immersion. If the camera was a bit looser that'd be nice. I'd also like to see replays more often than the "Often" setting allows, because the game is so beautiful. I'd love to see more camera/broadcast effects like depth focus and maybe some subtle slow motion trails or blurring. Super subtle, but there. Maybe a lens flare could be cool too.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:26 AM   #4
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Since I play mostly quick games for offline. I wish they would bring back greatest mode for offline. I also would like them to have a rivalry mode where they make use of the old school teams rather than just having them as something playable.

Something called rivalries throughout nba history. Have a bit of history lesson when picking a rivalry match. Teach these kids some history....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2018, 01:00 AM   #5
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

All of the following has to do with player awareness. It’s 2k’s weakest link. Unfortunately, I don’t have in depth videos or can’t really expand on them seeing as how this particular thread was unexpected. I'll be up****** this post as I come across stuff such as videos, etc.

Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 10-20-2018 at 01:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 01:50 AM   #6
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Off ball defensive and offensive stuff needs to be looked at imo. Things like your guys cutting to the rim/standing around you while you post up is irritating.

Or guys cutting to the rim because they're open.......but they're only open because the guy that is supposed to be guarding them is in the paint.

Or shooters not spotting up in transition and seeing your entire team run under the basket and stand there for 2.5 seconds before they leave and allow you to start your offence.

Or CPU defenders having no idea what to do in PnR situations. Hedging and the like implies that you are blocking the path straight to the basket to bump the offensive player, but you're not supposed to leave your original assignment open. For some reason this is lost on the CPU. For the last 3 years the only good way to guard PnR is to do catch hedge because any other setting results in wide open layups and dunks.

PnR animations needs to be revamped. The PnR needs to be a 3 person animation instead of a 2 person one. Players love abusing the screen animations in H2H gameplay by dribbling back and forth near a screen until their defender gets sucked into a swimming animation, leaving the ball handler to be wide open. I personally would like the ball handler to feel the bump or the arm of the defender as they fight through the screen. Especially with people that are good defenders. Look at Marcus Smart here making a great defensive play by keeping his arm out to keep contact with Korver. Even though he gets screened, Korver is never wide open

Old 10-16-2018, 02:12 AM   #7
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

let us select freelance offense and points of emphasis in Myleague and myleague online in the Coach game plan menu. right now you have to do it in the game.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:18 AM   #8
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Give us an option if we don't want super arcade gameplay, even if it is just the Combine mode like others have said, give the crowd that is more about playing team ball than sHoT tIMiNg a better option. The gameplay is stale. A separate mode of some kind would be great. Balanced and all the works. If they could do some 2s or 3s like that too that would be cool but could live without it.

In that same vein, give us the option of a shooting system less reliant on timing. Probably close to realistic FG%, but something like this for online players that aren't interested in the 75% sharpshooter meta:

Contextual rating based on shot quality > timing

So maybe if I'm using Curry on an open 3, we can say he hits those about 50% of the time (just making numbers up for the sake of argument).

Excellent timing can be +10%
Good timing can be +5%
Mediocre timing can be -5%
Bad timing can be -10%
Terrible can be -25%

Ignore the specific numbers but that is the general point of the type of shooting I think would be best for the game and for the gameplay to have more variety. They and others with more time can put together more numbers and better reward/penalty increments, but the point is that your timing will still effect the shot, just not too much. And then display your %chance to make the shot on the feedback just like on a free throw. I think this would also allow for really easy tweaks from the devs

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »