Home

XP has been reduced

This is a discussion on XP has been reduced within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: XP has been reduced

Mentioning the XP nerf.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:55 AM   #50
Pro

slowdifference's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm not sure why people are complaining about VC here. The move was done to make XP grinding the same across all modes. 2k basically gave in to the streamers complaints. Bad move imo, should have just raised xp in all modes as opposed to nerfing xp in offline myplayer.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #51
Rookie

R4ngerR4y's Arena

OVR: 1

Man this is some bs. Not everyone wants to be a damn 2k god online. I just want to play a damn NBA career mode and be able to reach a decent overall with all the perks like player GM. The worst part is you can't actually "buy" your player either. You have to grind, grind, and you guessed it grind some more! I'm a father and husband who works I can't play 10 hours a damn day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdifference
I'm not sure why people are complaining about VC here. The move was done to make XP grinding the same across all modes. 2k basically gave in to the streamers complaints. Bad move imo, should have just raised xp in all modes as opposed to nerfing xp in offline myplayer.
Maybe if park players didn't take as much time moving around courts, avoiding playing with/against some players, they'd rep up quicker too?
Old 09-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #53
Pro

slowdifference's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Maybe if park players didn't take as much time moving around courts, avoiding playing with/against some players, they'd rep up quicker too?
I agree, I don't play mypark very much so it doesn't really effect me. It just suck 2k will always give in to streamers
Old 09-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #54
Pro

nddot's Arena

These dudes had to get out of their way to mess it up.
I wish one of these big influencers would call them out.
Im tired of this bs.

I hate mypark dudes. They stay crying
Old 09-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #55
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

According to the previously posted video, they also increase the amount experience points needed for the badges. Is that true?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #56
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't work 12 hours a day but I also can't afford to even play the game 4 hours a day / night. This grind business is being pushed on us like a real job. You're essentially working for real money and real social status then the other half or quarter of your day you are grinding for virtual coins / points and virtual statuses.

I couldn't imagine growing up as a kid and spending this much time on a game during a school year let alone the summer vacation when I have more time to be outside. It's not the fate I want for my children or the children of the future entirely. It's bad enough for adults to get tangled up in these strings.

Unless you're a pro gamer who makes money off this title: we really should not be part of the same lot that spends 12 hours plus a day to get a single character to 99 let alone 90 anything.

85 overall is a decent and acceptable threshold the average users should all be able to easily obtain without the pressure to buy copious amounts of VC and invest part time hours into this game daily.

I been seeing the 90 overall heads and they are basically all the guys who purchased VC to reach 85 then proceeded to get no sleep while grinding their lives away during the early release - they would acknowledge this in their own streams.

If a gamer is willing to spend that money and those hours then yes they absolutely deserve the early incentives but don't punish the average guys because these hardcore gamers are willing to sacrifice their sleep and money for a head start on these in game perks.

My only way out of this grind is to just not cooperate with it. By buying and playing the mode and investing in the VC you are basically agreeing to support and adhere to their contract agreements. I'd willingly pay if the grind remained as healthy as it was introduced because I would look forward to experiencing other builds / characters.

At some point you need to be judicious with your decisions or someone else with more power will begin to judge you for your indiscretions and obstinacy towards fairness.

Sent from my S8_Pro using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »