Home

XP has been reduced

This is a discussion on XP has been reduced within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2018, 09:55 AM   #33
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: XP has been reduced

I just recieved 699 points instead of 700.. Very weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Cried about the MyCareer guys? Meaning? Do you have a link to a thread or video rant on this? My first thought is that it seems kinda silly for them to whine when they can "buy" their player. If this change was a result of their whining, then this creates a "rich vs. poor" ecosystem.
Some Complaints are on Twitter. Some streamers on Twitch were whining about it before the change happened. I don't agree with the change at all tbh. We back to last years system where the grind is about to be super long again.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Some Complaints are on Twitter. Some streamers on Twitch were whining about it before the change happened. I don't agree with the change at all tbh. We back to last years system where the grind is about to be super long again.
Last year was the first year grinding park was an alternative to career, and now they get to dictate who, what, or when people can rep up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gym Reaper
CPU is cheesier now too.
I was playing boston on pro and everyone was a lockdown defender boosted lebron even let kyrie open for a potential game winner

Guess i will only have my pure shot sg grinded so hard he almost a 91 almost all badges max too many hours of grind not sure im willing to make another player. I was thinking of getting the game on xbox also but it wont be in the neat future.
Sent from my SM-G950W using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by shawnydee; 09-12-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
And??? They choose that route to rank up. We have a thread where people were arguing about the grind vs buying VC. That sounds so stupid. They can buy their overall, but they want to limit my ability to grind badges in a mode that's technically tied to the My Park mode?
I don’t agree with them nerfing mycareer games but I wouldn’t mind if they made mycareer, park and pro am more equitable in terms of progression speed. Players just don’t want to feel like they’re being penalized for playing their mode of choice, which I understand. I typically get bored of mycareer after a season or 2 and strictly play online after that.

Like I said, I would sooner they bumped up progression in the online modes to level things out. I don’t think the grind to 99 needs to be a year long goal or unattainable for 95% of the players. Who cares if a youtuber who plays 2K for a living gets 99 a month after release?
Old 09-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #38
MVP

ph33's Arena

I don't really care if MyCareer guys want to ride solo and grind for a while until they think they're caught up. The drawback for them is that they're not playing with their friends which is a pretty big reason why people play this stuff in the first place.

The grind from 91 onwards is insane enough as it is. It's pretty clear you are meant to start at an 85 in this game, but you are supposed to pay the entry fee or spend weeks/months grinding with a lousy player before you have the dough to get the player up.

I think I saw that players who get 99 will get 2k20 for free? Wonder if this nerf has something to do with it.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
From the number of 90+ I've seen before the Tuesday release, I think they made it too high to begin with
Those are the people that play 16+ hours a day. Those are the extremes.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #40
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gym Reaper
CPU is cheesier now too.
Lmao this confirmed?

I was wondering why the CPU started locking me up all of a sudden. I literally couldn’t even bring the ball up the court against Dejounte Murray.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »