Home

Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2017, 06:46 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt43
Anyone else not getting their shoe contract earnings per game?
You get a check from your agent every few weeks or so
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 06:53 AM   #42
Rookie

How long does it take to get a shoe offer from Nike or Jordan? im 35 games in and have only had offers from Adidas and UA, declined them both
Old 09-22-2017, 06:54 AM   #43
Rookie

Made a 7.1 Center Rebounder / Interior Scorer. Basically me except with jumps

anyways, went to Portland. Not a great team fit as they got tons of bigs, but its my team.

Lots of positives i really like, practices, being able to chose which badges to work for etc. The fact that you now earn progress while playing is a big plus.

your room mate though, whoever thought this was ok and then whoever signed it off should be fired. Absolutely cringe worthy.

dont like that i shrink to 6ft in every cut scene, but whatever.

Some game play niggles. I cannot get my guards to pass the ball on a pick and roll. I can be wide open cutting to the basket after a screen and Lillard or whoever will go 1 on 3 against and throw up a prayer that gets blocked every time. I can pick and pop and will get the ball all the time, but never on a cut ...

Also, lobs, almost impossible to get at the moment. NBA not park

Last question, any benefit to playing something other than pro except for a challenge? VC stays the same and i seem to earn more progress on Pro then on Superstar?
Old 09-22-2017, 06:58 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleyBlind
How long does it take to get a shoe offer from Nike or Jordan? im 35 games in and have only had offers from Adidas and UA, declined them both
i am 40 games in. Had offers from Adidas and UA. Did accept Adidas, and am now on my custom colorway. Signature shoe is "in discussion"

Contract seems to be only for the season so so curious to know if you can switch later to a different brand
Old 09-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 18

If you've already started a MyPlayer, can you change your archetypes without losing progress or earned VC?

I created a Michael Jordan clone, but wished I picked an archetype that builds on shooting from 3s.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
If you've already started a MyPlayer, can you change your archetypes without losing progress or earned VC?

I created a Michael Jordan clone, but wished I picked an archetype that builds on shooting from 3s.

Thanks
Sadly you can't. Even accessories and clothes you buy is locked to the character you bought it with.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #47
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aricin
Made a 7.1 Center Rebounder / Interior Scorer. Basically me except with jumps

anyways, went to Portland. Not a great team fit as they got tons of bigs, but its my team.

Lots of positives i really like, practices, being able to chose which badges to work for etc. The fact that you now earn progress while playing is a big plus.

your room mate though, whoever thought this was ok and then whoever signed it off should be fired. Absolutely cringe worthy.

dont like that i shrink to 6ft in every cut scene, but whatever.

Some game play niggles. I cannot get my guards to pass the ball on a pick and roll. I can be wide open cutting to the basket after a screen and Lillard or whoever will go 1 on 3 against and throw up a prayer that gets blocked every time. I can pick and pop and will get the ball all the time, but never on a cut ...

Also, lobs, almost impossible to get at the moment. NBA not park

Last question, any benefit to playing something other than pro except for a challenge? VC stays the same and i seem to earn more progress on Pro then on Superstar?
I'm having the same problems with my big in Charlotte. I have to time my call for ball spam perfectly to get them to pass me the ball, and that only works once every couple of games. I don't why it's like this, but we probably have to wait until we get on court coach for decent pick and roll play.

I had moved my difficulty to all star and my teammates seemed to play a lot smarter. Played the warriors and everybody went dumb, but I think it was because we were playing the warriors. So I'd suggest All Star diff if you're a big that runs plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KMyGuy
Does anyone play for the Bucks? Having a lot of fun with my 7ft Playmaking Rebounder Center right now on the Knicks, but I'm looking ahead to next season. I think the Bucks would be fun to play for, but I'm wondering how the game translates Giannis's skillset. Is he as much of a beast in gameplay as he is in real life?
Giannis is Jesus on steroids in this game. Haven't beat the Bucks yet in MyCareer because of him.

Last edited by MrBallaBoy21; 09-22-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #48
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm thinking of making a shot creating/post scoring SG like Wizards Mj but can't right now because the VC struggle is real...

Anyone using this type of build? I'd love to know how he plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »