Home

Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #17
Rookie

jaebonez34's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
What are your thoughts on "squads" constantly cutting the line in playground mode?

Also, MyPlayer is still developing at 65 overall, but every time I "got next" with other players they leave the queue and then I have to wait a while for teammates.

Any tips? Sometimes it takes a while to play just one match.
Well seeing that I run with a squad (me and two of my homies) I don't see a problem with it lol. But I can see how it would be a pain for someone who doesn't already have a set squad. Only thing I can tell you is use your mic when playing and see if you can get anybody to respond back to you while playing. There are some pretty cool "randoms" out there that actually play the game the right way and don't just ball hog. Try linking up with them in squad. Or you could go to the old town flyers court that doesn't have the squad box and just play there. I think they purposely left the squad box off the court for reasons like this, thats what I tell myself anyway. Well hope that helped.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #18
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Made a 6'4 Playmaker/Slasher (PG), and teamed up with the Pelicans. I fit there like a dream come true. Davis and Cousins can both hit 3s at good clips, the pick and roll/pop game is lethal, already have Gold pick and roll maestro and I'm barely nearing the All-Stwr Break. Outside of my dunking still seemingly being completely random, I can't complain.

My friend and I run the Park together but we are having trouble finding a third. He is an Athletic finisher/ rim protector, PF. We share the ball, I might try a couple dribble moves but we try to keep the ball moving. We aren't "2K gawds" by any means but we play to win, with having fun playing being the key for us. If any of you Xbox guys are looking for a squad, PM me and we can figure something out.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Made a 6'6 SG named Scottie Hill and wearing #33 like Pippen and Grant Hill. Primary is Shot Creator with Driver/Finisher as Secondary. Loving the archetype as I'm able to through down some nice dunks, speed is decent and can still hit open jump shots.

Went to Cleveland as I figure I can help LeBron get another ring and then probably go out west to team up with Lonzo and the Lakers in year 2.

Cavs have had me sub in at Point sometimes and even at the 2 sometimes have me run the offense which I like.

Team is 5-4 currently but I know that will go up as I get more playing time. My high in minutes is 12 and don't think my player has played in 2nd half unless we are winning big.

Current career highs are 14 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists in a game.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:34 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebonez34
Well seeing that I run with a squad (me and two of my homies) I don't see a problem with it lol. But I can see how it would be a pain for someone who doesn't already have a set squad. Only thing I can tell you is use your mic when playing and see if you can get anybody to respond back to you while playing. There are some pretty cool "randoms" out there that actually play the game the right way and don't just ball hog. Try linking up with them in squad. Or you could go to the old town flyers court that doesn't have the squad box and just play there. I think they purposely left the squad box off the court for reasons like this, thats what I tell myself anyway. Well hope that helped.

Thanks for the advice on the Old Town Flyers. That should hopefully reduce the wait and squads jumping the line. I'm 76 overall now, so hopefully too many people won't shy away from teaming up with me.

Also, in such a short time, it's amazing to see so many people 85+ overalls. They must be playing 24/7 and earning crazy VC.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:43 PM   #21
Pro

matt43's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone else not getting their shoe contract earnings per game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm a Shot Creator/Slasher PG with the Bucks. I wanted to be the scoring guard the Bucks need next to Giannis. I only played about 15 games in my rookie season with about half being a 65 overall before I bought VC and grinder from 77 to and 80. I averaged 12.6/2.4/4 on 44/35/63 shooting. In the playoffs we got swept by the Cavs but I averaged about 20 a game.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:56 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

Anybody else notice how on defense your teammates like to leave the player they are guarding. For no reason at all, especially when the shot clock is running out. I play the point. Staying in front my guy the whole possession, then all of a sudden for no reason someone just slides away from whoever they are guarding to give up a 3. Happens at least 10 times a game. And if that player is a good 3 point shooter then it's lights out all game. Just played the raptor and baka went 9/10 from the 3. I can't play anymore until this is patched.
LA DODGERS
Old 09-21-2017, 05:58 PM   #24
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

You guys are getting done with season 1 already!? Damn I REALLY hate the lost player bug now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »