Home

Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k18 MyCareer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt43
Anyone else not getting their shoe contract earnings per game?
I saw somewhere else on this site that someone said you get paid in a lump sum. So you don't get it every game but like every 3 games or something like that....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433
I saw somewhere else on this site that someone said you get paid in a lump sum. So you don't get it every game but like every 3 games or something like that....
This is correct. Also applies to the other sponsors like Gatorade, etc.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:41 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Created a 6'1" Pure playmaker PG and went to Minnesota, simply because I thought that my player (once developed) along with Towns, Wiggins, and Butler would be a good core to build upon. Having Jamal Crawford come of the bench for us is a nice plus. So far we're 17-4 and I have just been informed of starting next game. I'm passing nicely, but trying to build up my mid-range, layups, and speed so I can at least be of offensive support. I really enjoy the gameplay, but the loading times and pointless cut scenes (so far) are a tad grueling and really extend the game time. I'll be trudging through the VC grind wallet-free, using a CPU MyLeague with my hometown Pistons to scratch my "on court coordinator" itch and passively accrue VC for MyPlayer. Currently a 70 overall.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #28
Rookie

I have two careers ongoing right now. My first is a defense/rebounding 6'11" C. He's on the Thunder which kind of went into something weird that happened to me with the Prelude and thought I had to keep the same team with the placeholder save. A logjam because of that but at least I'm not too tall to play the 4. Not starting yet and only a few games in because of lost time but hoping to be the defensive anchor of the team along with PG. This is my more online oriented less serious Career where I play 5 minute quarters and focus more on badge hunting/leveling up.

I also have a 6'2" playmaker/sharpshooter that I'm enjoying. I chose the Spurs given Parker's injury in a somewhat realistic way of lessening his role. Danny Green is missing from the team and replaced by Shammy (which is weird because Forbes is still there and you'd think he'd be cut before Green). This is my more serious career with 12 minute quarters and playing more realistic running plays and freelance. 27-7 with the last 4 games or so being a struggle because Kawhi, Aldridge and Rudy all went down with injuries in the same game (along with Eric Gordon, that game was insane). It's basically Gasol and I with Gasol averaging 16/12 for the season so far turning back the hands of time for a bit.

Which is the crappy part about making that career more realistic (I'm only a 73 overall and trying to resist the urge to buy to upgrade despite feeling like it's going to take years for me to ever get any major statistic up from this point forward). Darrun Hilliard went from no playing time to being a starter after all those injuries while Manu and Parker get less than 15 mins per game, Mills only gets 8 and Shammy gets 14. Even Forbes who was starting before the injuries isn't getting any playing time at all. The starting line up is basically myself/Hilliard/Anderson/Bertans/Gasol which means that only myself and Bertans can really shoot (Gasol will never shoot from 3 even when wide open). It makes me really curious to see what it looks like to reach 90 and how in depth you can go with the rotations.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:06 PM   #29
Just started!

I am thinking of creating a driving and finishing/defending center with the max wingspan but have the lowest height and weight so it will be faster both in driving and defending. Is this good? I need your opinion guys. thank you
Old 09-21-2017, 09:08 PM   #30
Rookie

DatSamuraiRose's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
You guys are getting done with season 1 already!? Damn I REALLY hate the lost player bug now.
I haven't played MyCareer in a few days because I don't want to lose my guy. Plus the losing VC is stopping me too.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #31
Pro

matt43's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KMyGuy
This is correct. Also applies to the other sponsors like Gatorade, etc.

Ahh. Makes sense. Wish it'd just say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 11:52 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangpayomo
I am thinking of creating a driving and finishing/defending center with the max wingspan but have the lowest height and weight so it will be faster both in driving and defending. Is this good? I need your opinion guys. thank you
I made this build except I made him 7'0" and around 250. that's a great archetype because you'll be quick, solid defensively, and can dunk on just about anyone

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »