Home

KOTAKU : NBA 2K18 is Riddled With Microtransactions

This is a discussion on KOTAKU : NBA 2K18 is Riddled With Microtransactions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2017, 06:37 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: KOTAKU : NBA 2K18 is Riddled With Microtransactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
You can actually play the game just fine without spending any money at all. For those who are mad about all the transactions I suggest just playing the game without them. Solution seems simple enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Define "just fine"
Old 09-20-2017, 06:38 AM   #58
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
KOTAKU : NBA 2K18 is Riddled With Microtransactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
I still don't understand this VC complaint. I just don't get it. U don't need to pay for it at all. It does not affect me one bit. It's like people see others that paid for VC and are mad about it. If u plan on playing 2K a lot u will accumulate so much free VC u won't be able to spend it all. The game ain't even been out a week yet wtf. Hell just play everything offline if VC bother u so much lol

You must be ignorant to MyCareer. If you aren't, tell me, how long you think it'll take to go from a 60 overall to a 85 without spending any money? Mind you, spending $40 only gets you to a 80 if you distribute it right. From what I've seen and if I remember correctly, you have to be a 80 to select jerseys right? If so, that's going to take you multiple seasons to upgrade your guy to even have the ability to pick jerseys before a game.

Also to wear certain Jordan's, change jerseys, get certain animations that used to be available from the jump and all types of other stuff, you have to be like 80+ overall to get a lot of this basic stuff. I could understand having to buy things like Retro Jordan's but I can't even purchase them until I am a 85 overall? To purchase signature celebrations you have to be at least a 85. So I have to wait 2+ 12 min full playing seasons to be able to get things that used to already be available in the game lol?

I haven't even mentioned wanting to compete with your friends and other players for Park or ProAm. 2K is doing the best they can to make you have to pay for VC. With how good MyCareer is this year, I would've gladly grinded my dude without spending any money if it was like previous years because all it would usually take is a full season to be where you wanted.

Any other game, I've never felt like I had to spend money on micro transactions and 98% of the time I don't. This year, once I figured out how everything was, I knew immediately I had to spend some money to enjoy this mode like I wanted to. Even after spending $40 I still couldn't buy the Jordans I wanted or animations because I am still not a 85 overall lol. It's a good money making move and I am sure they'll make more money this year through micro transactions than ever before but I don't respect this at all. It's really no defending this. Previous years, I didn't mind but this is insulting honestly.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 09-20-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:41 AM   #59
Banned

realtalk0131's Arena

i swear 2k needs to create NBA JAM for all this online users. asking for a realistic game and then having 85 rating on day one and yet still complaining. dont give me excuses that not everybody has time to do all that, nobodys forcing you. i still to this day dont get what is your goal with my career, but to front online or like live a double life or something. how bout try not to play without your internet for a change.

2k is not greedy before. it's a business "supply and demand", maybe its all online players fault 2k had an idea to make money.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:53 AM   #60
Rookie

You know it's bad when gamers like Chris Smoove drops money to level his player. He always leveled up his player grinding. But once he saw there was no Hall of Fame multiplier and the VC for each game was ridiculously low he had no choice
Old 09-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #61
Rookie

dre2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
You can actually play the game just fine without spending any money at all. For those who are mad about all the transactions I suggest just playing the game without them. Solution seems simple enough.

Not everyone plays the game the same. You can say that but a MyPlayer trying to be competitive online will literally be at a HUGE disadvantage starting out trying to play against all the players paying $ for vc. It actually isn't that big of a deal to me either, but it's obviously a big deal for some players and should be addressed as it's getting worse and worse year over year. They want to make this stupid E-League and the game is still basically pay to play online, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 08:38 AM   #62

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't understand why people who clearly don't play the mode, and for some reason dislike it altogether want to keep coming in and telling fans of the mode that their problem doesn't exist. I primarily play MYCareer. I however do not play online in the park or pro am. No desire. So I don't care about spending money to be an 85 to compete online. That doesn't change the fact that even the offline portion of the mode still try to force you to purchase VC. They have raised the price of everything but lowered the amount of VC you earn. Last year you could earn the right to choose jerseys after a few weeks in the season by spending time with the team owner. This year you have to get to an 80 overall which would take multiple seasons at the rate VC is given out. So it's gone from a few weeks to almost a few full seasons. Everything is locked behind VC, but you can only earn so little at a time in the mode. I don't care about getting my guy to a 99. I just wanna play the mode, customize my character. That's it. Player locked my league is an alternative but it's just not the same.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #63
Banned

realtalk0131's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I don't understand why people who clearly don't play the mode, and for some reason dislike it altogether want to keep coming in and telling fans of the mode that their problem doesn't exist. I primarily play MYCareer. I however do not play online in the park or pro am. No desire. So I don't care about spending money to be an 85 to compete online. That doesn't change the fact that even the offline portion of the mode still try to force you to purchase VC. They have raised the price of everything but lowered the amount of VC you earn. Last year you could earn the right to choose jerseys after a few weeks in the season by spending time with the team owner. This year you have to get to an 80 overall which would take multiple seasons at the rate VC is given out. So it's gone from a few weeks to almost a few full seasons. Everything is locked behind VC, but you can only earn so little at a time in the mode. I don't care about getting my guy to a 99. I just wanna play the mode, customize my character. That's it. Player locked my league is an alternative but it's just not the same.
The thing is people coming at this becoz they over flooding the forum with the same damned complaint yet they will still buy into it. and its really annoying every year is the same thing. if its really that much of a headache for people to play modes that needs VC then avoid that mode, imagine how simple is that. and the funny thing is that people who plays this asking this and that like in real life and guess what there is nothing free in the real world. you think that there is a preview of your hair when you go to the barbers??what you became an allstar player in 1 day?? even Curry took what 5-6 years to develop in to a great player. and you people. doing it in 1 day and still want realistic?? they gave you a chance and still complain.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk0131
The thing is people coming at this becoz they over flooding the forum with the same damned complaint yet they will still buy into it. and its really annoying every year is the same thing. if its really that much of a headache for people to play modes that needs VC then avoid that mode, imagine how simple is that. and the funny thing is that people who plays this asking this and that like in real life and guess what there is nothing free in the real world. you think that there is a preview of your hair when you go to the barbers??what you became an allstar player in 1 day?? even Curry took what 5-6 years to develop in to a great player. and you people. doing it in 1 day and still want realistic?? they gave you a chance and still complain.
trollolo? or you're just taking the p*ss here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »