Home

LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

This is a discussion on LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2017, 08:45 PM   #409
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

From what I understand, you can now edit generic coaches, is this true? Maybe you guys can create Phil Jackson (and Stan Albeck?) for the classic Bulls teams.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-16-2017, 09:30 PM   #410
Rookie

packers122787's Arena

OVR: 0

against my better judgement, i purchased the game. Willing to give it a shot on some patch improvements. I wont have any rosters out until these patches are implemented to update all CAPs but at least I can edit player ratings and accessories as I need to. Overall I just want to play with my All-Time and 2002 Nets, i've been hoping for that for years.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #411
MVP

OVR: 3
LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

First time playing with classic teams on current gen. Very small sample so far as I've only played a bit today. Most of the legends look good & hopefully this is a base 2k can work from in the future. Some bodies are off. Ewing looks too lean to me. Way too much head and too small a body. That's my biggest complaint as far as visuals. Players tend to have heads too big for their bodies.

2k last gen nailed quite a few of the signature moves. I haven't seen enough to tell whether it's the same now. A few moves seem off but that can probably be tweaked.

I'm excited to dive in some more. I can't even comment on gameplay much because it's so different from last gen. CPU intelligence impressed me quite a bit today though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jmarcguy; 09-16-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 10:11 PM   #412
Rookie

OVR: 2

I posted this in the Little Things thread but it probably fits here more:

Having Alonzo Mourning with the same exact look (which is terrible by the way) on the early 90s Hornets, 97 Heat and 06 Heat is just lazy. They manage to change the picture associated with him on each team in the roster screen but the same face and hair for all the teams. The picture for 06 Heat Mourning has him with the shaved head, but his actual cyberface is the young Zo. Would it really be that hard to at least just remove his hair? If they could add hair to Manu, they should at least be able to remove the early 90s flat top from Zo.

I'm sure there's many more like this, just noticed this one because the Heat are my favorite team. And I know it might not be a priority for them, but if they're going to have legend teams in, they might as well do them right, at least for the top players.

Also the 97 Heat and 06 Heat should have white socks with every uniform.

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 09-16-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:51 AM   #413
MVP

To me, where the player models suffer is when it comes to bulk. Bigger players a too thin. I was using Kemp in practice and he looked dead on except for his weight. He looked way too skinny. Guards and small forwards do a little better.

Kevin Johnson looks pretty wack though.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:07 AM   #414
Rookie

OVR: 0

Smh why did they take away the Tim Hardaway with hair from the 90s run tmc warriors team? They replaced him with bald Tim hardaway and it doesn't be look right, it was perfect before !!!
Old 09-17-2017, 02:42 AM   #415
MVP

Tim should definitely have hair on the Warriors.

I think skin color looks off. Players are too dark and it makes them less detailed. Maybe it's just the lighting everyone talks about.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 04:28 AM   #416
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fileman3
I think I agree......2k16 is by far the best next gen 2k
This ^^^

I've already set aside 2k18 and will be trading it back in tomorrow - spent most of last night reworking my rosters in 2k16 so I can play a fantasy type league.

I'm not angry about 2k18, just let down. So much potential, yet when they can't even get the little things right, they all start to accumulate into one smelting pot of disappointment. Hell, if I had the artistic/technical skills, i'd damn well offer my services to them for free, just to get things RIGHT.

Anyhow, as I said earlier, glad some of you are able to look past a lot of this stuff and are enjoying the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »