Home

LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

This is a discussion on LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2018, 01:40 AM   #809
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
What? Damn 2k really could care less on the authenticity department now in these games.

Also, i just saw that demarcus cousins is on the all time warriors? he hasnt even played a game for them yet, and he gets not only on the team, but the starting spot? they've lost it.
I’m pretty sure Cousins isn’t on the team
Old 09-05-2018, 03:06 AM   #810
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

Look I may sound naive af, it's probably different departments or whatever. But I can't be the only one irked at the fact we got all these YouTubers scans in game yet TMac still looks messed up and Bucks Ray is bald etc
Old 09-05-2018, 03:14 AM   #811
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizzyXV
Look I may sound naive af, it's probably different departments or whatever. But I can't be the only one irked at the fact we got all these YouTubers scans in game yet TMac still looks messed up and Bucks Ray is bald etc
Yeah definitely could have used their resources for legends. I’m pretty sure the scans are just for their my players too, so it’s not like we benefit from them being scanned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 04:49 AM   #812
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Played the Prelude - just more of the same for me. Haven't liked the game since 2k16.

They may keep on adding legends, but the sad fact is, a huge portion of them are just generic shells. So many stand out players from years gone by that don't have a single shred of signature style. For all the incredible leaps this game has made over the years, and the huge helping of old school teams we have, they really are in dire need of a signature touch.

We used to have dunk packages for players like Nique, Drexler & Kemp. Jordan used to have a one handed palm fake and a huge assortment of circus shots in his layup package, not to mention his 'runner' was 'The Move' from the 91 finals. Kobe used to have that NASTY reverse pivot move. Hakeem had the true Dream Shake. Hell, Steve Nash used to lick his damn fingers as he brought the ball up court. So many signature elements.

All these things and more - lost as the game has developed. Never understood that. Never understood how all that was crammed onto last gen consoles yet here we are in the prime of current gen and not a sniff.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this years game and try to get as much as you can from the classic squads. Be the first time in 11 years I won't be purchasing 2k, but I'll be lurking here to see what kinda stuff you cook up with the legends.

Last edited by daveberg; 09-05-2018 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #813
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Played the Prelude - just more of the same for me. Haven't liked the game since 2k16.

They may keep on adding legends, but the sad fact is, a huge portion of them are just generic shells. So many stand out players from years gone by that don't have a single shred of signature style. For all the incredible leaps this game has made over the years, and the huge helping of old school teams we have, they really are in dire need of a signature touch.

We used to have dunk packages for players like Nique, Drexler & Kemp. Jordan used to have a one handed palm fake and a huge assortment of circus shots in his layup package, not to mention his 'runner' was 'The Move' from the 91 finals. Kobe used to have that NASTY reverse pivot move. Hakeem had the true Dream Shake. Hell, Steve Nash used to lick his damn fingers as he brought the ball up court. So many signature elements.

All these things and more - lost as the game has developed. Never understood that. Never understood how all that was crammed onto last gen consoles yet here we are in the prime of current gen and not a sniff.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this years game and try to get as much as you can from the classic squads. Be the first time in 11 years I won't be purchasing 2k, but I'll be lurking here to see what kinda stuff you cook up with the legends.
For whatever it’s worth, Kemp, Wilkins, and Drexler still had dunk packages as of 2K18 with some dunks that looked really distinctive for each player. Vince and Shaq also have pretty realistic dunk packages as well.

And I don’t know about Nash’s finger licking, but Jeff Hornacek rubs his face, Karl Malone talks to himself, and Jason Kidd blows a kiss. Not to mention the presence of Dikembe’s finger wag, the Clippers’ head bump, LJ’s L, KG yelling to the heavens after a dunk, and VC’s engine rev.

There’s obviously way more avenues they could explore in this regard - bringing back all of MJ’s signatures, that Kobe pivot, and Yao’s old grounded dunk package, but there’s a lot of stuff that’s already there, we just have to be open to seeing it.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:25 PM   #814
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdog1330
When ChicagoMessiahGaming (the streamer who got the full copy of NBA 2K19) was scrolling through Blacktop rosters, we got to see a glimpse of the first 14 players on each all-time team. Only the Magic, Warriors, and Wizards have had their final 15th man revealed. I already posted this information, but am reposting in case anyone did not see the other post.

Here's the Updates for each All-time Team that changed (won't mention players removed that 2K still has the rights to, but will mention players added to All-time Teams that were in 2K18)
-76ers got Moses Malone, Bobby Jones, and Ben Simmons; lost Hal Greer
-Bucks got Marques Johnson, and Junior Bridgeman
-Cavs got Bingo Smith, and Hot Rod Williams
-Celtics got Jo Jo White
-Grizzlies got Bryant Reeves; lost Mike Miller
-Hawks got Tree Rollins
-Heat got Goran Dragic; lost Chris Bosh
-Hornets got Emeka Okafor
-Jazz got Truck Robinson, Thurl Bailey, and Donovan Mitchell; lost Deron Williams
-Knicks got Richie Guerin
-Magic got Scott Skiles
-Mavericks got James Donaldson, and Brad Davis
-Nets got Rick Barry; Deron Williams
-Nuggets got Marcus Camby
-Pacers got Victor Oladipo; lost Ron Artest
-Raptors got Serge Ibaka; lost Chris Bosh
-Rockets got Chris Paul, and Rudy Tomjanovich
-Spurs got James Silas, and Johnny Moore
-Suns got Charlie Scott, Dick Van Arsdale, and Alvan Adams; lost Connie Hawkins
-Timberwolves got Jimmy Butler, Tom Gugliotta, and Latrell Sprewell
-Trail Blazers got Brandon Roy, Maurice Lucas, Geoff Petrie, and Jim Paxson
-Warriors got Purvis Short, and Andre Iguodala; lost Monta Ellis
-Wizards got Moses Malone, and Phil Chenier

Other than that, everything else for the All-time Teams hasn't changed much.
I thought the Pacers lost Hibbert too?
Old 09-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #815
Rookie

robdog1330's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I thought the Pacers lost Hibbert too?
I forgot that for some reason, my fault on that one.

New York Giants
Golden State Warriors
New York Yankees

XBONE GT: NourishedRock4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #816
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

https://youtu.be/OcCV6IWuCqo

All time bulls vs Suns. Looks like they gave MJ bulls current style shorts. Kindve a bummer, but I’m hoping we can change em to the shorter shorts some players are wearing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »