Home

LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

This is a discussion on LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #817
Rookie

robdog1330's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
https://youtu.be/OcCV6IWuCqo

All time bulls vs Suns. Looks like they gave MJ bulls current style shorts. Kindve a bummer, but I’m hoping we can change em to the shorter shorts some players are wearing.
I watched that video, and noticed that NBA 2K retained the rights to Leandro Barbosa as I saw him playing during the gameplay.

New York Giants
Golden State Warriors
New York Yankees

XBONE GT: NourishedRock4
Old 09-05-2018, 02:49 PM   #818
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
For whatever it’s worth, Kemp, Wilkins, and Drexler still had dunk packages as of 2K18 with some dunks that looked really distinctive for each player. Vince and Shaq also have pretty realistic dunk packages as well.

And I don’t know about Nash’s finger licking, but Jeff Hornacek rubs his face, Karl Malone talks to himself, and Jason Kidd blows a kiss. Not to mention the presence of Dikembe’s finger wag, the Clippers’ head bump, LJ’s L, KG yelling to the heavens after a dunk, and VC’s engine rev.

There’s obviously way more avenues they could explore in this regard - bringing back all of MJ’s signatures, that Kobe pivot, and Yao’s old grounded dunk package, but there’s a lot of stuff that’s already there, we just have to be open to seeing it.
Yeah every time I see posts about how they put no effort into legends I cringe a little. There are plenty of aspects that could be better sure, but what they have given us is amazing and they seem to do their best to add a bit more each year. People have to remember this is NBA 2K19, to expect a game that isn't centered around developing current players/game modes is a bit unrealistic. What 2k does give us is basically bonus. With all the "retro" teams, All-Time teams, MyTeam players, we have access to just as many past players as we do current. 2K isn't perfect in that regard, but what they do provide is definitely substantial. And it looks as if they've only added even more goodies this year.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:49 PM   #819
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumdog Millionaire
I’m pretty sure Cousins isn’t on the team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33sH46-o6Do&t=236s

pause 1:34
Old 09-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #820
Rookie

robdog1330's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
That's the current Warriors team that the person is playing as in 1:34. Later during that game, Shaun Livingston comes off the bench, and he is on the current team, and should definitely not be on the All-time Warriors.

New York Giants
Golden State Warriors
New York Yankees

XBONE GT: NourishedRock4
Old 09-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #821
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdog1330
I watched that video, and noticed that NBA 2K retained the rights to Leandro Barbosa as I saw him playing during the gameplay.

I noticed that too. At this point with all the added legends, retaining players they already had seems more important for roster makers. I was expecting to have to create both him and Varejao this year (Varejao would be almost impossible with the hair).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #822
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

If anyone can just record all of the historic teams and all-time teams top to bottom when they get the game and upload it here, I will be so grateful (or just an official list of added and missing players). I won't have the game until Tuesday and it would hold me over haha
Old 09-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #823
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
If anyone can just record all of the historic teams and all-time teams top to bottom when they get the game and upload it here, I will be so grateful (or just an official list of added and missing players). I won't have the game until Tuesday and it would hold me over haha
I was plan on doing that on Friday once the day one patch & first Roster Update drops. I’ll post the link here....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DLtC7snYo/edit
Old 09-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #824
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »