Home

#Bring your game

This is a discussion on #Bring your game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-26-2015, 07:11 PM   #41
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: #Bring your game

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's annoying and it's silly that it stays up during gameplay along w/ the update is required message (which is the worst).

I can understand having it while you're browsing the menus or walking around on the Park, but you can't make it disappear when we are actually playing? Does any other game leave ads and notifications up while you're playing the game?

And the people complaining about people complaining. Honestly, why does it bother some of y'all so much? I can see if it was something y'all disagreed with. But I am pretty sure, nobody prefers having that up even if it doesn't really bother you that much.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #42
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
For the people it doesn't bother pick your battles i say, and for those it does bother, i say let your voices be heard. This is the only way to set a precedent. Sadly you must "cry" loudly for the company to hear you. Perhaps they can switch it up and advertise only in the main menus and loading screens and leave the game be once its game time in the future. Unless your annoyance is heard who knows maybe you will see a new watermark every week or so to rake in some more mula.
Voices being heard means Take Two has excess copies of NBA 2K in their warehouses, because stores aren't ordering new shipments, because the game is sitting on shelves, not moving..

Are you in? Cuz it's never ever gonna happen.

Crying loudly doesn't bother multibillion dollar empires. When the the threat of those cries turning into potential loss of revenue streams (see EA being voted the worst company in America -- eliciting a semi-kinda-sorta-apology from Peter Moore) then you MIGHT have something.

Anything short of that is like a gnat flying around.

Like MansaMusa said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMansaMusa
Just noticed it during freestyle session, only thing that amazes me is that if 2k wants to do something they most certainly can, no restrictions, they can market the game like no one but small things like shoes and proper colors and player skin tones and hairstyles take forever. We play the game but they play us LoL.
Even tho this sort of stuff (advertising) comes from up top, not the devs. Still a part of "they" tho
Old 12-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #43
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

My thing is...of all of the people in here legit pissed off, and those that want to start a grassroots movement...

If you had a game. Doesn't matter what the game is. Lets say you developed one, got it published, and it's in the public's hands.. If Nike came to you and said "we'll pay you $10 million to persist this hashtag in the lower left corner of your game for 7 days"

Those of you who would turn the deal down. Good for you. Stick to your principles.

Those that would take the deal...y'all look real hypocritical. We all know who we are. No need to reply.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 12-26-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #44
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

For those it's bothering that bad, it's a hashtag, voice your concerns on Twitter with the hashtag attached. That'll get to them a lot faster than monologuing here...
Old 12-26-2015, 07:46 PM   #45
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

It's not bothering that me bad I was actually laughing at the pre game show �� That was a bit much 2k
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #46
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It's not bothering that me bad I was actually laughing at the pre game show �� That was a bit much 2k
I laughed the first time I saw it. I'm a big presentation nut and I would really love to see the two teams playing displayed there...

I subscribe to the theory if something is affecting your enjoyment of a product then speak on it. What does it hurt? Personally, I'm cool with this Nike Campaign and the one from a few months ago. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing "commercials" between quarters. That's just me. At the same time, I could see a dark side to this too. 2K did good by making the hashtag light and transparent. I honestly don't see it. But if they had done it like they do the "update required" banner (I hate that thing!) It would be distracting. I'd have a problem with that. And there's no way to get rid of it. So I see where these guys are coming from.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 41

OK so those in defense of it:

1. They say "at least it's not as bad as the update required message!"

To that I say: They're both terrible. What if (extreme example) someone kicked you in the groin, and then someone else punches you in the face? They see you cry for being punched in the face and say "What's the big deal? It's not as bad as being kicked in the groin!" They're both awful, and 2K should know it. Give us other ways to dismiss those messages, or don't put them up for 48 minutes. The incremental benefit of a 48-minute ad is very little more than a 30-second ad. This is a fact from advertising studies I learned in a Marketing class.

2. They say "It's not even that noticeable."

To that I say: I continued to notice it, and it continued to bother me, as it did some others, after several minutes of play. The scorer's table ads not changing also bothers us. If you don't notice it, great. To the rest of us, it's unrealistic. It sets a bad precedent too, like the "glow puck" in televised NHL games or the HUD shot clock in televised NCAA games. I really want to watch a football game without the yellow digitized lines on the field, though I realize those are here to stay because they aid in how people view the games. As a precedent for video games, no other games have a constant ad on the screen. As others have said, it kills immersion.

3. They say "If Nike offered you a million dollars to put a hashtag on your forehead, you'd do it!"

To that I say: In gaming, there are two types of revenue streams: ads and paywalls. Free games, like those cheap ones you play on your phone, use ads because nobody would pay $60 for them. Games with paywalls, like 2K with their $60 purchase price and VC (for those who spend actual currency in exchange for a Virtual one), don't need ad revenue to supplement paywall revenue.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:16 AM   #48
Just started!

OVR: 0

I got a solution guys to get rid of the #Bring your game watermark at the corner of your screen. If you turn off your internet you wont be logged into the 2k servers and they wont put that in the game. Only works for offline unfortunately for those who play online will have to deal with it unfortunately. However if you are a offline person just simply update your roster and turn off your internet. Hope this helps guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »