Home

The Real Problem with "Got Next"

This is a discussion on The Real Problem with "Got Next" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
Rookie

CBfromCU32's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Real Problem with "Got Next"

How bout give us the options to watch, shootaround, or play a game of 21 or something while still holding my spot on the got next circle?
3. SHAQ
4. LBJ

5. KAREEM
6. KOBE
7. BIRD
8. TIMMYD
9. BIG O
10. WILT

Old 10-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #10
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

This is probably something they've thought about and fixed. We don't need to worry about it until we have proof.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 10-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

It doesn't make sense. They have a fun game to play, and the park idea is great in theory, but if I wanted to watch people play the game I would be on twitch. When I play, I just want to play. Simple as that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #12
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
This is probably something they've thought about and fixed. We don't need to worry about it until we have proof.
That still doesn't fix the fact that you have to wait at least a full game (30-40 min) if all the got next spots are filled.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bottom line, the #1 complaint about 2K14 Park was that the games had horrible wait times and people weren't interested in that. Now instead of listening to all the complaints that were more than reasonable and developing a legit matchmaking system, they added 2 more online modes, one of which will have longer wait times than 2K14 Park games(Rec Center will have 25-40 minute wait times). I pray their servers are as reliable as they claim.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #14
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

As a programmer, I don't see why they couldn't do this solution. You will be able to keep all of the park's elements.

Jordan Rec Area
-4 courts
-When a court gets a 5v5 full they are transferred to a "virtual" court. In-game nothing would look different, it'll act just as normal. This is just the server side of things.

Again, everything will look the same in the game but you will be able to have unlimited "virtual" courts on server side acting as the 4 fixed courts.

In memory they can do something like this creating the virtual courts, which each new one.
1a
1b
1c
2a
2b
2c
3a
3b
3c
4a
4b
4c

EDIT: the more I think about this, the more it makes sense. This keeps all the park elements but eliminates wait times. Somebody forward this to 2k...

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-02-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I feel the issues with waiting and definitely agree with the idea of giving Users other options while having "next". That said, not to be rude but if the "got next" wait concept is exactly like what was in NBA2k14 MyPark, I guess that means only play it if/when you have a couple hours free. That sucks for people that don't have the time yet want to try out the mode but it's just one mode, there are probably others more suited for shorter time frames.

IMO this concept makes it much more likely that the people that do wait and play in the Rec, enjoy taking an online pick up game of video game basketball "seriously". As someone that's been away from hardcore basketball gaming for awhile, those are the type gamers I want to play in this mode, not those just looking for a quick basketball fix, for whatever reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #16
Rookie

oMarcus2Ko's Arena

2K can no longer use the "Well crew was coded on last gen" excuse. when they have coded in a total of 4 new game modes (MyGM MyLEAGUE and My PARK/The Stage) for next gen systems. its sad when they continue to INSIST that waiting to play a 5v5 game is suitable. When i see the jordan rec center filled on Day 1 im walking smooth outta there and searching for a new server. They have a "Squad Up" feature that allows you to invite your friends to a squad and if the squad leader gets a spot then the whole squad gets a spot. and they made an arena for indoor play. i just dont understand with those features in game why they couldnt just make crew mode.... its baffling

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »