Home

NBA 2K24 Likeness Updates Have Come Up Short This Season

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Likeness Updates Have Come Up Short This Season within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2024, 05:27 AM   #33
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Likeness Updates Have Come Up Short This Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real2KInsider

Which is why I questioned how much time & skill is needed for a graphical artist to accurately mod a player face. That's a question that requires answering to know whether it's a cost-effective solution over a large scale.
(My guess? It's not.
Is anyone even arguing that it is? Of course it’s not, or else they wouldn’t have invested in face-scanning tech in the first place. I don’t think anyone is suggesting the hand-crafting of likenesses on a large scale.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:33 AM   #34
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
but for a consumer they can vent out what to be fix...
Maybe you're right. Some people would say 2K isn't gonna do anything without consumer complaints.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:40 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
On their own time, as a hobby. Not for a living.

This is where the lines between "fan" and "employee" objectively get blurry for some.
Still doesn’t answer why console cant have access to mods?
Other games have done it in the past, no reason as to why 2k couldn’t allow or even approve and provide a small fee to modders for their work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2024, 04:07 PM   #36
Just started!

RobertJKeeton43's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle321
Still doesn’t answer why console cant have access to mods?
Other games have done it in the past, no reason as to why 2k couldn’t allow or even approve and provide a small fee to modders for their work.
I wish 2k would do that because I don't buy vc or play myplayer or myteam. I play real basketball and want the players to look the way they do in real life.
Old 02-23-2024, 04:25 PM   #37
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I don't "whine" about ratings. I developed multiple processes in order to put out a better product than 2K, and can capably articulate, step-by-step, what their team does wrong and how they could improve. Note the difference.
Maybe your “processes” aren’t cost effective to implement? Imagine having to update hundreds, if not thousands, of athleticism ratings.

You do the same thing for another aspect of the product. Just sayin’.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-23-2024, 04:38 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Is anyone even arguing that it is? Of course it’s not, or else they wouldn’t have invested in face-scanning tech in the first place. I don’t think anyone is suggesting the hand-crafting of likenesses on a large scale.
Okay - so if we're not suggesting this -

What can you tell us about the demands on the art team right now for NBA 2K25? There are big-picture goals that need to be met in a short period of time. This is again why getting a grasp on the modding time frame is important.

Ant Edwards' cyberface (and everyone else's) is low priority in the grand scheme. All current and future versions of 2K function whether he's a butterface or not. I'm not saying it doesn't matter - there's something called a queue and it unfortunately isn't public information
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 02-23-2024, 07:38 PM   #39
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
Maybe your “processes” aren’t cost effective to implement? Imagine having to update hundreds, if not thousands, of athleticism ratings.

You do the same thing for another aspect of the product. Just sayin’.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That’s not really comparable. Algorithms applied to stats and other data can be processed and inserted very quickly (we’re basically just talking about spreadsheets here). Much different than individually focused artistic work, regardless of how many individuals one is talking about.
Old 02-23-2024, 07:59 PM   #40
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Okay - so if we're not suggesting this -

What can you tell us about the demands on the art team right now for NBA 2K25? There are big-picture goals that need to be met in a short period of time. This is again why getting a grasp on the modding time frame is important.

Ant Edwards' cyberface (and everyone else's) is low priority in the grand scheme. All current and future versions of 2K function whether he's a butterface or not. I'm not saying it doesn't matter - there's something called a queue and it unfortunately isn't public information
I’m commenting specifically on their hand-crafted player-likeness priorities, not their overall art priorities. Ant has looked like this since late 2K20 and since then a ton of obscure retro players have somehow skipped in front of him in specifically the hand-made player-likeness sub-queue. Why in the world was some 2K artist pouring their sweet time into making such a fantastic-looking end-of-bench player on the ‘85-86 Hawks, for example, when Ant still looks the way he does? It’s either awful resource management or 2K is in a contractual bind and can’t fix him even if they want to.

Last edited by vetmin; 02-23-2024 at 08:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »