Home

MyNBA 82 Game Season

This is a discussion on MyNBA 82 Game Season within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2023, 10:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyNBA 82 Game Season

In previous 2K’s I’ve usually done 29 game season as they were a lot easier to get through and I still get to play every team at least once. This year I’ve been thinking about doing an 82 game season for realism and star purposes but I was wondering how you guys handle playing games to make it through the seasons at a decent pace. Do you play 1 game a week, only nationally televised games, what works for you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 01:03 PM   #2
MVP

Re: MyNBA 82 Game Season

I do one game a week, gives me good variety.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
I do one game a week, gives me good variety.
Yeah I think I’m leaning towards that. I Can still get a chance to play every team without taking too long to get through each season.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:24 PM   #4
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I play 1 sim 4. Then if I hit game 80 and need to win for seeding or to make the playoffs I will play 81 &b82. I don't usually play if it's just for seeding.

Then all of playoffs.

You end up playing at least 16 regular season games. I was thinking about playing one of each 5 and then just picking the 1 I played so i can play teams i haven't played.

It works for me but I know for some it doesn't give people enough of an influence. The stat thing where it's not from me used to bother me but I'd rather get through multiple seasons.

I do it for MLB the Show as well. But for that I use quick counts during regular season and full counts during playoffs.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:51 PM   #5
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Something I used to do is to play the first game of each month and then all of the potential deciding games in the playoffs. You'll end up playing 8-16+ games a year depending on how the playoffs go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 04:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I play 1 sim 4. Then if I hit game 80 and need to win for seeding or to make the playoffs I will play 81 &b82. I don't usually play if it's just for seeding.

Then all of playoffs.

You end up playing at least 16 regular season games. I was thinking about playing one of each 5 and then just picking the 1 I played so i can play teams i haven't played.

It works for me but I know for some it doesn't give people enough of an influence. The stat thing where it's not from me used to bother me but I'd rather get through multiple seasons.

I do it for MLB the Show as well. But for that I use quick counts during regular season and full counts during playoffs.
That’s a solid strategy. I Can see you feeling like you don’t have enough user influence on the stats but if the sim stats are decent this year I think I can live with that.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:48 PM   #7
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BancoPopulair
That’s a solid strategy. I Can see you feeling like you don’t have enough user influence on the stats but if the sim stats are decent this year I think I can live with that.

I actually forget. In 23 when I hit the playoffs I played 1 simmed one until I could be eliminated then I played every game.

I didn’t make it to the Finals but if I did I think I’d play all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-19-2023, 05:09 PM   #8
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I did this years ago but I always played division opponents twice and other teams once. Kind of like a football schedule. So ended up playing 33 games and simming 49 games I think.

Last edited by NYJin2011tm; 09-19-2023 at 05:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »