Home

MyNBA 82 Game Season

This is a discussion on MyNBA 82 Game Season within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2023, 08:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA 82 Game Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
If I don't aim to play every game, what I'll typically do is play the first however many games it takes to get the game playing how I want with sliders and/or until I have a decent idea of what my rotations are.

Then I sim until either the all star game or the beginning of March and play out the remainder of the season. By then the playoff chase is on so it gives me the feeling that every game matters.
So I’m assuming you probably end up playing about half the season? Do you feel like you sacrifice getting your fringe all stars into the game since you sim most of the first half of the season?
Old 09-19-2023, 08:50 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BancoPopulair
So I’m assuming you probably end up playing about half the season? Do you feel like you sacrifice getting your fringe all stars into the game since you sim most of the first half of the season?
Maybe.

How much of the season I end up playing varies. For example in my Kobe era Wizards first season and its Jordan's farewell tour? Every damn game.

Year 2 assuming 2k hasn't put out an update that kills my sliders? I probably won't even play any early season games and sim straight to March (or later since it looks to be a rebuild year). Years 2,3, and 4 I'll probably play ~20% of the games. Year 5 its probably closer to 40% or more if its a fun roster
Old 09-19-2023, 09:09 PM   #19
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
Just play your 29 game season instead of 82 and simming the majority it will mess up stats and may injure yoir best player(s). No logic in simming 80 % of your games. Or make the minutes less and play 56 game seasons

This is what I do. 58 game season 10 minute quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2023, 09:49 PM   #20
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

A few years ago I started using home and road slider sets.

basically once I locked in my sliders. Id bump up (+2) the home team for shooting and and stamina. Do the opposite for the road team.

Replicates home court advantage nicely.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:54 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BancoPopulair
Do you adjust the playoffs when you do 29game seasons or leave them as best of 7?
I leave them for whatever the ERA I'm playing calls for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2023, 05:41 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
A few years ago I started using home and road slider sets.

basically once I locked in my sliders. Id bump up (+2) the home team for shooting and and stamina. Do the opposite for the road team.

Replicates home court advantage nicely.
That’s not a bad idea at all, I’m definitely gonna try that out
Old 09-20-2023, 09:36 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm currently 12-2 with GSW. I've played all 14 games so far since the game is fresh. Playin alot of games early on helps you build that chemistry and help you learn your team and rotations. As the season progress, SIMCAST is a great feature. I'll simcast alot of games which gives me the ability to jump in at any point. I'll usually jump in with like 5 minutes left in a close game and try to close out. If I'm also blowing a team out by the end of the 3rd, I'll sim the 4th qrtr. I'll also sim game vs teams that are out of the playoff race and have nothing to play for. I used to be one of those guys that wanted to play all 82 and have all my stats be legit me but I'm an adult now and I'll never finish a 82 game season that way. Play some, simcast, and sim. I play all the playoffs.

This allows me to actually finish and do off-seasons.
Old 09-20-2023, 10:28 AM   #24
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Me personally I like to keep the season 82 games no matter what, if not purely because 2K has a long history of bugs when it comes to other season lengths. Any time I've seen someone post something like "Help! I'm 20 years into my MyLeague and my game locks up every time I press Advance to Next Season!", the user is on like 29 games or something. I'd rather not make a neat little discovery like that after progressing through 20 seasons...

That said, there's also something to be said for the challenge of building a team that simultaneously suits you in actual gameplay and can also hold down the fort in simulation. I've toyed with different simming strategies, but one common thing I always do is only play away games against the opposite conference (EDIT: Confusing wording maybe; I'm saying that any time I'm playing an opposite-conference team, it's an away game for me). For my conference, I've at times done 1-home/1-away, or 1-away then an optional 1-home post-All Star Break if the team is in the playoff race. Whatever the case it comes out to 35-40ish games.

I also sim in the playoffs though (7-game series). Always sim Games 1 and 3, at least in the first two rounds. Pretty much always sim Game 5 in any series if we're tied 2-2 (and if we're up 3-1 in the first two rounds). Playing all the playoff games feels too safe; I like the potential for disaster that comes with having to trust your squad in post-season sims.

Last edited by vetmin; 09-20-2023 at 10:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »