Home

MyNBA 82 Game Season

This is a discussion on MyNBA 82 Game Season within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-20-2023, 12:47 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA 82 Game Season

The replies from all of you guys have been super helpful, I think I知 confident in getting my Thunder franchise started tonight using a combination of a few of your suggestions. No way I can play 82 games but a mix of playing meaningful games(early games for chemistry reasons, later games for seeding purposes) and simcasting in between seems like the way to go starting out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2023, 01:24 PM   #26
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I wish 2k would get the custom franchise like nhl has. Where you select how many game season you want and it generates a schedule.
Old 09-20-2023, 03:34 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I wish 2k would get the custom franchise like nhl has. Where you select how many game season you want and it generates a schedule.
One of College Hoops best features , loved the scheduled editor
Old 09-30-2023, 01:12 AM   #28
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
MyNBA 82 Game Season

I play all 82 on 12 minute quarters. I知 currently just past the all star break in the second season of an expansion file.

I currently play a game about every other day. Sometimes I take a breather and come back to it.

I typically post a vid on YouTube on my off days to give people motivation to play games in their files vs simming everything.

One nice thing about playing games is you get really invested in the players. Currently, I知 also dealing with injuries to my PG and C.

I agree with the others. Set the game up for 82 but play a set of games that works for you.

If you play less minutes normalize the stats in the settings.

If you like a particular year of NBA2K, plan on playing it long after the servers shut off. Nothing says you have to quit playing a release just because the new game comes out.

I知 still playing NBA 2K19. I致e kept my save local when I started it (no customizations) and downloaded several years of draft classes prior to the servers shutting off to keep my title alive for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 09-30-2023, 01:58 AM   #29
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Play all 82 games. 12 minute quarters.

I知 just built like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Same here.

I'll sometimes sim games at the end of the season against teams that are out of the playoffs but sometimes I'll play those and just sit LeBron and AD or whoever the stars are with the Lakers in years past (because I always play with the Lakers)

I usually only play one season cuz by the time I'm finished the real NBA season is over and it's close to when the new 2k is coming out. If I do get to go through the off-season I usually only get a month or two into the second season

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 09-30-2023, 05:10 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 13

I sim and manage the team to the All Star break, then start actually playing the games. If you happen to be middle of the pack by then, you still have enough games left to play at that point that your own play could get you in the playoffs, or knock you out.
Old 09-30-2023, 06:17 PM   #31
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

I honestly don’t think sports games are a yearly buy anymore. I’ve bought the last two 2k’s but didn’t buy the show 23 or Madden 24. I’m an adult with a job and girlfriend so it’s pretty much impossible to get through a full season in just a year especially if you like to play multiple games and genres.

I plan on sticking with this years 2K for at least two years unless 2k25 blows me away which they do more than the other sports games.. But I can’t not play 12 min quarters and 82 game seasons. Maybe after the first year I can start simming when generic players/commentary start happening. But I only usually start simming when the new game is about to come out and I want to wrap up the franchise.

On the show 22 I’m 75 games into the first season playing every inning including spring training, but I didn’t start until well after the trade deadline last year when rosters were done. And in Madden 23 I’m 2-1 but didn’t start that until the very last patch and roster update because I was worried about bugs. I’m having a lot of fun but I do play other games so it doesn’t bother me being way behind real life.

Like a post before said. If you like a particular 2K or any game just plan on sticking with that version for the long haul. It’s really not bad. These sports games are too similar every year and don’t really add much to franchise anyway.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United

Last edited by Heisman; 09-30-2023 at 06:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2023, 06:38 PM   #32
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

OVR: 2

This is a little involved, but I go through my schedule and pick 1-2 games each week to where I play each team in the NBA at least once every season, and in-division and other rivals twice. I'll often toss in a couple extra special interest ones as well. This ends up being a little less than half of the games, and I feel like it's a nice balance of sim engine (more injuries, teambuilding, getting through season faster) and playing games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »