Home

NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-02-2023, 04:20 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I personally don't think I'll ever join an Affiliation having to score 100 pts and win 10 games.
That's ridiculous. Because if it is to 21, you're chucking up shots in an online setting where you have teammates trying to do the same thing .

I'll just play the NBA games and take whatever I can
Old 11-02-2023, 06:16 PM   #50
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
That's ridiculous. Because if it is to 21, you're chucking up shots in an online setting where you have teammates trying to do the same thing .

I'll just play the NBA games and take whatever I can
Yeah tell me about it, only played one game and twice I was open on the break, neither of my teammates passed the ball and both shot 3s.
Old 11-02-2023, 06:31 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Yeah tell me about it, only played one game and twice I was open on the break, neither of my teammates passed the ball and both shot 3s.
My last question, what is your honest opinion about AI Teammates?. It has been my major gripe of the mode. My preference isn't to play like a Superstar. Heck, I want to be a Super role player, the glue guy. I want to focus on defense, stretching the floor, screening, cutting off ball. I want to be able to play alongside a star player and rely on them handling the scoring role. It's one thing when you're grinding badges to play a certain way. But, I always get to a point where I'm done grinding and just want to hoop and have fun, but not being able to enjoy it because of Teammates.

So do the star AI Teammates play like stars, or just a little better than the past?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2023, 08:08 PM   #52
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I personally don't think I'll ever join an Affiliation having to score 100 pts and win 10 games.
I was able to join Rise. 50 Assists and 10 B grades. Took a while but doable.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:26 AM   #53
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

I haven't done any affiliation or anything. Played about 20-30 Rec games.

Finally got tired of the Mavs roster. Love playing with Luka on my big man tho... THAT is fun I would recommend anyone. Setting screens for Luka and letting him play his step back game and crashing the glass for offensive putbacks is great. Especially if you have some pick and pop game Luka is a beast. He will absolutely dot you without calling for it. I wish finishing as a big was better. Still flub a lot of dunks and unless it's a post fade there is ZERO chance of making anything close to the rim. Driving dunks are much better, so I have a PF with a little ball handle he's great.

Most recent character I put on the Lakers. Got Bron one more chip and he got injured in my 2nd year so I simmed till he retired.

So far AD is a fantastic guard pair. I flipped me n Luka so I got the ball and AD is rim running.

I get lobs all day long. But I wish the CPU was more dynamic in the pick and roll.

USED to be they would play cat and mouse, even last year I could trick them off the roller and hit the corner. This year even if they play the lane, double the roller, I dot the 3 and they can close out. So it's OONLY drive or lob. I rarely get enough space off a screen to shoot the 3 off the bounce either. Really wish PNR mechanically was deeper.

All in all, career has been great aside from the lack of finishing. Luka missing bunnies is frustrating. To the point i don't post up anyone. I don't post AD, never posted Bron and no way I'm posting Luka.

Last year the post game was great. I'd throw it to Luka down low, they would double and I'd sploosh. Now they double and Luka bricks.
Old 11-03-2023, 06:38 PM   #54
All Star

Sinner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
My last question, what is your honest opinion about AI Teammates?. It has been my major gripe of the mode. My preference isn't to play like a Superstar. Heck, I want to be a Super role player, the glue guy. I want to focus on defense, stretching the floor, screening, cutting off ball. I want to be able to play alongside a star player and rely on them handling the scoring role. It's one thing when you're grinding badges to play a certain way. But, I always get to a point where I'm done grinding and just want to hoop and have fun, but not being able to enjoy it because of Teammates.

So do the star AI Teammates play like stars, or just a little better than the past?
I haven't played a lot of games right now I'm 5-2 in MyCareer on the Celtics and I accidently simmed 3 games with the new Sim to key game. At times Tatum and Brown and my other teammates seem to play like themselves along with some other stars I've played against but it's mostly they play better than they did in the past but it's still a good thing for sure. I am enjoying the game and having fun.

Will have to get more games in to know for sure
Old 11-11-2023, 11:37 AM   #55
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

6th character. Finally got my guy min maxed best I can.

SF 6'8 Tatum build. 3 level threat with silver contacts. Averaging a very nice 17-5-9 line as a 75. First time I've ever felt like a real ROLE player.

I shoot 67 percent from deep just spotting up while I'm leveling him up.

Kyrie and Luka both over or touching 30ppg. Really beautiful ball right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2023, 08:31 PM   #56
All Star

Sinner's Arena

I am absolutely hating this affiliation crap right now, I wait in line to play knowing that if I do get into a game I may not get a single point or a win and then get kicked out of line for some other people who just showed up. This is some straight BS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »