Home

NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-09-2023, 11:05 AM   #1
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

Figured I'd create this thread for those of us who play MyCareer. Curious to hear what positions, builds, sigs you're using and how your experience is so far.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2023, 12:55 PM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k24 MyPlayer Thread

Made a 2 way inside the arc, 7’1 250 orso.

That 25 speed and 25 pass is tough in ReC lol.

Love the no squad rec.

90 mid , 93 close shot, 90 standing dunk.
Around 90 interior defense.
90 block and 93 rebound with 94 strength and 75 vertical.

Basicially you need smart positioning because of the lack of speed and need to icon pass.

Once the badges are up there and im ised to the animations it should be awesome.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 09-09-2023, 09:46 PM   #3
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Currently rocking with a 2-way skilled stretch, a 6'8" PF who is skilled at passing, shooting the 3-ball and defending.

The only thing I'm really lacking in is finishing or any kind of post play. Got a 75 dunk and a 60s layup, which I'm not crazy about, but oh well. Not a big fan of this year's builder. There was no way I could sacrifice defense. I love doing the dirty work.

I truly hate the badge regression. It feels like your talents are being stolen by the Monstars in Space Jam. It's awful. I fear that it will jack up the online play, because everybody will be more inclined to play selfishly in order to retain, progress or otherwise prevent their badges from regressing after a game. I wanted to eventually make a second build in a month or two, but I don't know that I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Love the no squad rec.
Yes sir. That is truly a gamechanger. While it's still frustrating, it's better than dealing with squads. What a pleasant addition to 2K24!
Old 09-10-2023, 01:29 AM   #4
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
Currently rocking with a 2-way skilled stretch, a 6'8" PF who is skilled at passing, shooting the 3-ball and defending.

The only thing I'm really lacking in is finishing or any kind of post play. Got a 75 dunk and a 60s layup, which I'm not crazy about, but oh well. Not a big fan of this year's builder. There was no way I could sacrifice defense. I love doing the dirty work.

I truly hate the badge regression. It feels like your talents are being stolen by the Monstars in Space Jam. It's awful. I fear that it will jack up the online play, because everybody will be more inclined to play selfishly in order to retain, progress or otherwise prevent their badges from regressing after a game. I wanted to eventually make a second build in a month or two, but I don't know that I will.

Yes sir. That is truly a gamechanger. While it's still frustrating, it's better than dealing with squads. What a pleasant addition to 2K24!

As a C the only thing stopping my defense badges from going to gold or HOF is VC lol

Rebound Chaser and anchor are very easy to maintain by since i wasted most VC i had on midrange and close shot its gonna be a long ride to get them defensive ratings to max level.

For REC priority should have been defense.
For Everything else priority i picked offense.

I fking hate to have to play park to get those 10 wins to join an affiliation and get the daily spin and that +1 .

Not to mention to also get those takeover perks.
Thank god you can also grind some on those AI street courts but the steals one is nuts for my 25 steal big.

Trying to get it by standing in the paint and trying to catch opponent AI lobs lol

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 09-10-2023, 01:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

2k took a hardline with rec matchmaking. If you go in with a group of 3-4 you will queue up with an A.I just to face a stack of 5. I used to play with a group of 3 past year and it seemed their system would match us up with other squads of 3-4. I’d have preferred last years system + a no squad rec for those who play alone instead of this hard correction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2023, 03:19 PM   #6
Just started!

Badge regression is the worst idea they've ever had. Not even getting badge progression on some badges that are stuck at zero

Aerial wizard, special delivery, and pro touch are the 3 badges that stand out because those are ones that I'm definitely progressing with my playstylre and all stuck out zero.

Also, and this one is on me.

I accidentally deleted my first player. I suffer from long covid and get brain fog so I'm not even sure what I was trying to do. I contacted support and asked them to help me. I bought the most expensive edition and £450k vc, so in English pounds that's over £200.

I explained everything to them, and how it was my fault and I was completely honest. I could have said the game deleted my player and they would have at least tried to help, but they said because the game has just come out, they can't help me. I explained that when 2k18 was released, they spent the first month having to restore players because the game was deleting them, so I know after that, that the management would have made the restoration procedure easier, not more difficult, so helping me out is a choice.

I also pointed out that they were giving away millions of vc on twitter, so maybe as a one off they could do some sort of reimbursement. I have tickets going back over a decade so they can see I'm a long term customer, and they won't help me. Just happy to let throw away the best part of £50, for something they could do pretty easily, because of a condition that I have no real control over.

I was completely honest with them and explained it was my fault, and that if I'd lied to them, they would have at least done something, but they just point blank refuse.
Old 09-11-2023, 12:21 PM   #7
Just started!

No MyPlayers have any thoughts on the badge regression issue, combined with pay to win floor setters available to buy from day one?
Old 09-11-2023, 07:17 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number30
No MyPlayers have any thoughts on the badge regression issue, combined with pay to win floor setters available to buy from day one?
Haha, it's not good! I do think bugs make it seem even worse than it is, and inherently I do think it still goes back to the core issue of -- if you really are going to make peeps pay for stuff -- you have to give a way to refund points when nerfs happen or you realize "oh this badge sucks" happens.

Also the godfather sums it up nicely, and I will put an article up probably tomorrow on this specific topic:

Last edited by ChaseB; 09-11-2023 at 07:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »