Home

2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23

This is a discussion on 2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-08-2023, 12:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K24 Graphics comparison vs 2K23

I'm still getting broadcast camera stuttering, I can't believe it's still happening.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-08-2023, 12:29 PM   #10
Banned

I can confirm that court reflections were way toned down this year. Players appear less ashy though. Lot more gloss effect. Decent trade off I guess
Old 09-08-2023, 12:30 PM   #11
Rookie

marcinart23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
That’s wild. I can truthfully say when I watch videos back to back I usually tend to side with 23’s graphics a bit more. I realized what really seems off about 24 and it’s the floor reflections! In 23 you see lots of dynamic lighting and shading reflections while on 24 the floor looks more stagnant and kinda matte(?). It just doesn’t look as realistic there. And I definitely see it for current era floors as well.

Out of curiosity when you equip the white (home) jersey of the 93-04 Bulls uniforms or 80’s pistons or 80’s Celtics, are their whites vivid like modern unis or are they faded like other classic era uniforms? Reason I ask is cause in 2K23 any team included in the Jordan challenge had their colors fixed to look vivid which carried over to their jerseys in any other mode. I’m wondering if that carried over to 2K24 or if those jerseys got became faded again like other classic era jerseys.
Yes, white uniforms are quite good in terms of lighting, also for instance Heat 96. But for me there's huge quality difference between current and classic uniforms, which was not so much in 2K23.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2023, 12:32 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcinart23
Yes, white uniforms are quite good in terms of lighting, also for instance Heat 96. But for me there's huge quality difference between current and classic uniforms, which was not so much in 2K23.
Damnn that’s nuts! So they did in fact seem to revert the classic jerseys they fixed/brightened up back to being more shaded again.

So to be sure, the 96 Bulls jerseys even are not as bright as the current white bulls jerseys? I know for sure in 2K23 those were made as white as the current ones. Also for some reason they gave those late 90’s Bulls jerseys the black 92 finals stripe.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:37 PM   #13
Banned

Despite lack of court reflections I will say, Barclays center and Crypto have never looked better in a 2k game
Old 09-08-2023, 12:58 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
Despite lack of court reflections I will say, Barclays center and Crypto have never looked better in a 2k game
The darker lighting I imagine feels more at home there.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:18 PM   #15
MVP

Am still super salty about no next gen on PC as I hate playing at 60fps with dips and 30fps cutscenes and replays. Just awful

Does the lesser visuals of the hardwood mean we at least get 60fps the whole time even on cutscenes and replays or after basket shots?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2023, 08:44 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

I wish I hadn’t read this thread because now it’s all I can see when I play. I hate that the courts look so matte and dull. I am not sure I would have noticed had I not seen this.

Think this is something they will patch or was it toned down like this on purpose?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »