Home

NBA 2K24 Soundtrack Pays Homage to 50th Anniversary of Hip-Hop

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Soundtrack Pays Homage to 50th Anniversary of Hip-Hop within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-07-2023, 12:05 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Soundtrack Pays Homage to 50th Anniversary of Hip-Hop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
And just because McDonald's is the most popular food joint in the world doesn't mean everyone wants a burger or nuggets every day from there for lunch every day.

I'm no boomer or old head, & rap is NOT my 1st choice of music, but as a 27 year old, I fully respect & see why these guys on here prefer the classics over "mumble" rap, because the facts are that 90s & 00s hip hop is far better than today's stuff.

There's a reason why you're still hearing 30-40 yr old rock classics at sporting events; those songs stand the test of time, something every single one of these new rap songs made from 2008 onward can only dream of being.
"From 08 and beyond" is so unbelievably disingenuous lol. And I'm older than you. But I see the energy on this site. Y'all got it man 😂
Old 09-07-2023, 02:34 AM   #34
MVP

zello144's Arena

I am disappointed this is not on the soundtrack

Censor it whatever it could be an instrumental I don't care, sneak it into one of the updates. This song needs to be in the game.
Old 09-07-2023, 02:53 AM   #35

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Nothing says "50 Years of Hip Hop" like Ice Spice lol. Been around for about 50 seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2023, 06:09 AM   #36
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBased
"From 08 and beyond" is so unbelievably disingenuous lol. And I'm older than you. But I see the energy on this site. Y'all got it man 😂
LMAO it’s WILD. I’m 34 years old and I know every single artist on this soundtrack and *GASP*! Even enjoy the majority of them.

Real strong, “get off my lawn” and yelling at the clouds type stuff every year in this thread.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:17 AM   #37
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
And just because McDonald's is the most popular food joint in the world doesn't mean everyone wants a burger or nuggets every day from there for lunch every day.
This ^^^

I understand the links and association between the genre and the sport, but just because I'm a hoops fan, doesn't mean I'm automatically into hip-hop or rap. Shock horror, there are some of us who actually prefer other genres. Yes, even Country.

Yes I'm old. I'm not interested in skeezy nozzle or dizzy whizzy or whatever other bizarre names they have these days. (Yes, I know, unnecessary shot, but indulge me. It's all in jest.)

I fully accept I'm in a minority in regards to this subject and understand 2k caters to the majority base, so I'm not about to weep about my favourite tracks not being included. That's life.

I just mute the soundtrack as I do every year as it doesn't cater to me.

It is what it is.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:25 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
This ^^^

I understand the links and association between the genre and the sport, but just because I'm a hoops fan, doesn't mean I'm automatically into hip-hop or rap. Shock horror, there are some of us who actually prefer other genres. Yes, even Country.

Yes I'm old. I'm not interested in skeezy nozzle or dizzy whizzy or whatever other bizarre names they have these days. (Yes, I know, unnecessary shot, but indulge me. It's all in jest.)

I fully accept I'm in a minority in regards to this subject and understand 2k caters to the majority base, so I'm not about to weep about my favourite tracks not being included. That's life.

I just mute the soundtrack as I do every year as it doesn't cater to me.

It is what it is.
Nobody is saying you gotta enjoy rap music. It's the very weird energy given to rap music by people in the soundtrack thread every year. Feels like a few steps away from really saying what's on their mind. You even felt the need to comment on the "bizarre" rapper names. But I'm absolutely sure it's just a little joke like you said.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:30 AM   #39
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't think asking for a little diversity in music in too much to ask, is all I'm sayin.

There used to be more diversity, it was a good thing, and still plenty of rap if that's what you like.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:49 AM   #40
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBased
Nobody is saying you gotta enjoy rap music. It's the very weird energy given to rap music by people in the soundtrack thread every year. Feels like a few steps away from really saying what's on their mind. You even felt the need to comment on the "bizarre" rapper names. But I'm absolutely sure it's just a little joke like you said.
Take what you will from my comments, by all means. It's your prerogative. I'm not hiding behind my words. People can interpret what they please. Humans always do, no matter how sincere a person can be. I tire of this age where everyone thinks games are being played and there's hidden agendas or connotations. If there was anything more insidious to my thought process, I'd say it. I endorse people speaking their minds. I'd rather people be honest and upfront, than two faced.

People wanting something a little diverse in the soundtrack shouldn't be an issue. I'm not sure why that constitutes this 'energy' you talk about. Perhaps I just don't get it or don't see it. I am old, after all.

Stating you like or don't like a product should be an issue. I don't like rap or hip-hop. Can't stand the products. Do I want something else instead? Absolutely. Will I get it? No. I'm in the minority and have to accept that.

No different than me hating the online modes of the game and wanting a dedicated, offline only portion as a separate entity. Again, I'm in a minority there, and of course 2k won't cater to a small percentile of folks. Doesn't mean to say we can't express our frustration at it.

That's just how it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »