Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-31-2021, 02:16 PM   #433
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Just to give a heads up and set expectations: the plan is to release the ATD slider set AFTER the trade-deadline update. I hope to have a base/beta set posted ASAP once the new update is live, and then a more fine-tuned set within a week or so after that.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:17 PM   #434
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Yea, this game got stupid fast. This is only one half. I have no idea what game I'm playing. I was the Thunder, CPU was the bulls. Things that stand out:

1) CPU constantly attacked the basket uncontested for an easy layup or dunk. Never missed. Hence the 56 points in the paint.

Interior defense just...doesn't exist. At all.

2) Almost every user post shot, mid range shot, and contested layup missed. Only shots that went in with consistancy were uncontested layups/dunks and free throws.

I don't even know where to go from here.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:28 PM   #435
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Yea, this game got stupid fast. This is only one half. I have no idea what game I'm playing. I was the Thunder, CPU was the bulls. Things that stand out:

1) CPU constantly attacked the basket uncontested for an easy layup or dunk. Never missed. Hence the 56 points in the paint.

Interior defense just...doesn't exist. At all.

2) Almost every user post shot, mid range shot, and contested layup missed. Only shots that went in with consistancy were uncontested layups/dunks and free throws.

I don't even know where to go from here.

Don’t be afraid to increase Lateral Quickness and/or On Ball Defense for the user. Before that, make sure you’re going into your coach sliders and setting Help Defense to 100, which will make your help D a lot more likely to protect the rim.

The constant missed shots would probably be due to the user Offensive Consistency being so low. Feel free to increase if you want less RNG in your shooting. Personally I enjoy the cold streaks because it’s true to life, but I can understand if people want more consistent control of the outcome of their games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2021, 10:37 AM   #436
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Don’t be afraid to increase Lateral Quickness and/or On Ball Defense for the user. Before that, make sure you’re going into your coach sliders and setting Help Defense to 100, which will make your help D a lot more likely to protect the rim.

The constant missed shots would probably be due to the user Offensive Consistency being so low. Feel free to increase if you want less RNG in your shooting. Personally I enjoy the cold streaks because it’s true to life, but I can understand if people want more consistent control of the outcome of their games.
I'll try adjusting lateral quickness and on ball. Im ok with the user having a bad game shooting but it's just that interior defense that's totally missing. Not even sure that can be fixed by sliders
Old 04-10-2021, 05:06 PM   #437
Rookie

OVR: 4

Care to post some beta sliders and we can test?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-11-2021, 07:00 PM   #438
Pro

OVR: 5

You still recommend decreasing the speed with ball by 15?
Old 04-11-2021, 07:24 PM   #439
Pro

OVR: 5

Sorry one more question. Do you know how much layup contact affect animations? For example when its high I always trigger those stupid layup contact animations. When I lower it I get more variety of layup animations and less wonky contact animations. Is that just in my head or does it really affect animations?
Old 04-13-2021, 04:15 PM   #440
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by QN_52
Care to post some beta sliders and we can test?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Working on it. Currently in game getting WAXED by the Nets 56-33 halfway through the second Gotta fix a few things but I’m pretty close! Trying to get the update posted ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
Sorry one more question. Do you know how much layup contact affect animations? For example when its high I always trigger those stupid layup contact animations. When I lower it I get more variety of layup animations and less wonky contact animations. Is that just in my head or does it really affect animations?

You’ll get a higher variety of animations with the contact shot sliders set lower, because the game will often ignore nearby defenders when choosing the animation. With the contact sliders set high, the game will rarely ignore the closest defender but that means you’re only getting those few contested layup animations. So really it’s a visual and difficulty choice I made, coupled with the fact that there are more fouls when contact animations are triggered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
You still recommend decreasing the speed with ball by 15?

Absolutely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »